Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2009, 01:08 AM

952 posts, read 943,321 times

Advertisements

Obama entreats the opposition to refrain from their 1st amendment right.

"But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."

http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-dont-want-the-folks-who-created-the-mess-to-do-a-lot-of-talking/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2009, 01:32 AM
YAZ

7,708 posts, read 14,095,579 times
Sounds like a young Hugo Chavez to me.

We love despots, don't we?

If this fella goes eight years in office, then we might as well figure for 30.

Yep.

We're gonna fundamentally change America.

Here we go......

Old 08-08-2009, 01:57 AM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
Actually that sounds a lot like me. When I have to deal with a problem caused by someone else I don't want to hear excuses from them. Now, do you suppose that's what Obama was saying or does EVERYTHING out of his mouth have an evil connotation?

Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,176,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Actually that sounds a lot like me. When I have to deal with a problem caused by someone else I don't want to hear excuses from them. Now, do you suppose that's what Obama was saying or does EVERYTHING out of his mouth have an evil connotation?
Aw Ceece, you know the answer to that one.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:02 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
The problem with that there isn't one particular group who caused the problem. This problem was caused by Congress, lawsuit happy lawyers, quack doctors, criminals committing fraud on medicade/medicare, illegal aliens, drug addicts, and greedy insurance companies. So who should be allowed to speak and who should shut up? The people speaking out at the town hall meetings didn't cause this problem so maybe Obama should be the one to shut up and listen especially since neither he nor any member of congress would be effected by their health care bill since they're excluded.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
The problem with that there isn't one particular group who caused the problem. [....] So who should be allowed to speak and who should shut up? The people speaking out at the town hall meetings didn't cause this problem so maybe Obama should be the one to shut up and listen especially since neither he nor any member of congress would be effected by their health care bill since they're excluded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaluce View Post
Obama entreats the opposition to refrain from their 1st amendment right.

"But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."
The people at the town hall meetings didnt create the mess!

So that's not who he's talking about!!!

!!!!!!

Old 08-08-2009, 02:15 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,547,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
The people at the town hall meetings didnt create the mess!

So that's not who he's talking about!!!

!!!!!!
They're the only ones speaking up against the program so it must be them he's talking about.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
They're the only ones speaking up against the program so it must be them he's talking about.
sailordave, no no no no. It must be 3 in th emorning for both of us

The quote is, "But I don't want the folks who created the mess to do a lot of talking. I want them to get out of the way so we can clean up the mess. I don't mind cleaning up after them, but don't do a lot of talking."

"the folks who created the mess."

Those arent the town hall people. So that cant be who he means.

You gave a great list of who he *does* mean....insurance companies, quack doctors and so on. "Congress, lawsuit happy lawyers, quack doctors, criminals committing fraud on medicade/medicare, illegal aliens, drug addicts, and greedy insurance companies" -- that's who he's talking about. They happen to be who is manipulating the town hall speakers with propaganda, but he's not at all talking about the town hall speakers themselves.

Old 08-08-2009, 02:22 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,094,822 times
Sit down, shut up....and pay your taxes .........LOL

If we don't pay our taxes we would qualify for hussein obama's administration!

Old 08-08-2009, 02:24 AM

Obama didnt say "Sit down and shut up" to anyone, by the way...

just so it's on record...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies