Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:06 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,970,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
1. No, not at all.

2. No, not at all.

3. While I don't think that protesting is un-American, it's certainly un-American that the idiots who're disrupting the town hall meetings, to the point that no one besides the loudmouths can get a word in edgewise, are halting the entire debate process from being allowed to take place. It's also un-American that there are idiots out there who're intentionally distorting the truth and spreading malicious lies about healthcare reform and the public option, such as "kill granny" and "forced euthanasia."

4. No, not at all.

By the way, your link is an email address, not a website. I believe you meant to post this:

Get the facts about the stability and security you get from health insurance reform | Health Insurance Reform Reality Check
I don't understand why you helped this guy. He may have posted his own email address next.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:21 PM

763 posts, read 1,300,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
flag@whitehouse.gov

I mean come on! Don't yall think this is an embarassment for America??????????
And an insult to Americans????????
Now Nancy P. is saying that it's UN-American to dissent against O-care?
Isn't the above website the ultimate in UN-AMERICAN???
Nasty Nancy will not stop until the constitution has been destroyed. She (?) is a totally vile creature

Old 08-10-2009, 02:28 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,707,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I don't understand why you helped this guy. He may have posted his own email address next.
And you think that my posting the website link he actually meant to post will stop him from continuing his email address-linking rampage? Doubtful. You're giving the OP too much critical-thinking credit.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:33 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,221,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
lol

Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,850,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
LMAO

You cannot even tell the difference between an email address and a website address.

How is it that conservatives on this forum seem to get dumber each and every day?
I'll bet you clicked on it.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:39 PM

1,966 posts, read 2,707,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDot View Post
I'll bet you clicked on it.
Why? Because you did?

Old 08-10-2009, 02:40 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,743,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
It is the far right that feels out of power and control right now so by human nature they will be the most angry. And it is not as if there are riots with streets burning down right now because of right wing protesters.
Not yet.

There are some of us who are trying not to become paranoid ourselves out of fear that the fanatics and extremists will eventually resort to that.

It is my opinion that it very well could happen, or something else of a violent fashion beyond what is occurring at town hall meetings.

It is my hope that some of the people who are caught up in a frenzy right now will ultimately take a long-overdue breath and wake the h*** up.

By the way, I equate a lot of the name-calling (of which I have not been immune but have strived to eradicate in myself) in this forum with violence. In a lot of cases it is a barometer of hate, and I for one refuse to engage in it.

As to the OP, I see it (and related posts) as desperation...and a symptom of fanatical thinking.

Old 08-10-2009, 02:50 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,850,521 times
[quote=idahogie;10208170]
Quote:
True.

But it's present in such large quantities on the right these days, and present in its leadership and in its leading spokespeople. It's truly epidemic on the right - and in dangerous levels.

"Even in the anti-war heyday of a couple of years ago, the extremists on the left didn't get as crazy as the teabaggers or the townhall thugs today."

Old 08-10-2009, 02:57 PM

8,323 posts, read 15,187,994 times
Duplicate thread: Case Closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies