Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 07:47 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,189,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
This is the kind of situation those against healthcare reform want to maintain.
You are completely wrong. I oppose the healthcare reform, but it has nothing to do which what you are implying. It only makes sense for providing healthcare for those who can't afford it, but I don't want the government dictating what kind of healthcare I should have.

The answer is very simple for me NOT to oppose the healthcare reform: Will Obama and members of Congress, including their families, be enrolled in the new healthcare system? If so, then I won't oppose it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
My answer to your questions would be as follows: get a better job that allows you to pay for insurance. For example, get a job with the Sate, Borough, city, or Federal Government.

What are the reasons why a middle age man is working for $8.00 per hour, and for having an account with only $5,000.00? A middle age man should have already worked over 30 years, and be ready to retire by the age of 63 with a full pension and medical coverage. I retired once by the age of 46, and am working on my second retirement, but have to wait until the age of 63. By then I should have two 20-year retirements.

Now, one of my coworker was a lot smarter than me, and didn't marry young because he wanted to be a millionaire by the age of 50. He made his first million by the age of 40, and still working.
I would love a govenment job, can you get me one? And everyone else who needs to make more money? That would be SWEEEET!

Old 08-10-2009, 08:07 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,217,651 times
Quote:
The answer is very simple for me NOT to oppose the healthcare reform: Will Obama and members of Congress, including their families, be enrolled in the new healthcare system? If so, then I won't oppose it.
Why should they be? This is a completely moronic point.

When the government passes a minimum wage law, do you demand that they live on that minimum wage? That's asinine. They pass that kind of law so that the poorest among us maintain some minimum standard of living. Demanding that our representatives live at minimum wage is a quick way to make sure that we can't afford whatever they pass.

Same thing with health care. It's designed to be a safety net for the poorest and uninsured. You don't want our government to be on the same plan, or they will design a Cadillac plan, right?

This is just silly.

Old 08-10-2009, 08:39 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,655,954 times
Quote:
My answer to your questions would be as follows: get a better job that allows you to pay for insurance. For example, get a job with the Sate, Borough, city, or Federal Government.
Yeah, those guys are hiring in bulk................Typical clueless right-wing BS.

Quote:
What are the reasons why a middle age man is working for $8.00 per hour, and for having an account with only $5,000.00?
Have you been reading the news or watching TV lately? There's that persistent little problem called a "recession."

Old 08-10-2009, 08:45 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yeah, those guys are hiring in bulk................Typical clueless right-wing BS.

Have you been reading the news or watching TV lately? There's that persistent little problem called a "recession."
I think Ray lives in la-la land, where everything is always fine and beautiful all the time. Chirp, chirp, chirp, go the birdies!
That's the right. They spend all their time bashing Obama, but have no realistic solutions to any real problems.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:45 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ParkTwain View Post
Plus, the results of a checkup might result in discovering a "condition" that becomes a "pre-existing condition" when you are covered later. What a great healthcare delivery system we have in the USA today!
Exactly!

I certainly wouldn't bother with a check up.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:48 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:

What are the reasons why a middle age man is working for $8.00 per hour, and for having an account with only $5,000.00? A middle age man should have already worked over 30 years, and be ready to retire by the age of 63 with a full pension and medical coverage. I retired once by the age of 46, and am working on my second retirement, but have to wait until the age of 63. By then I should have two 20-year retirements.

Now, one of my coworker was a lot smarter than me, and didn't marry young because he wanted to be a millionaire by the age of 50. He made his first million by the age of 40, and still working.
So you're seriously suggesting people go work for the government in this state of economic mess?
Many localities are seeing their tax revenue drop off and that leads to layoffs. Plus the government cannot employ everyone.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:50 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,999,435 times
Some medical problems are deadly if not found early enough. All medical problems are deadly if not treated. Enough said.

Old 08-10-2009, 09:53 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Some people think that of the 45 million who don't have insurance because they are young and invincible, and want to pay as they go with drugs and doctor visits when they get sick, should at least be forced to get hospitalization insurance in case, for example, they get hit by a car or their girfriend or co-worker unexpectedly shoots them and they wind up in the hospital. What do you think?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:54 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,439,950 times
Yep, everybody - let us ALL get a government job!!! THAT is the solution... wonder if there will be enough jobs to employ us all???

Even those with insurance are often underinsured and have extremely high deductibles, making it unaffordable for them to get medical care... so they don't.

forum rules, please read them
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies