Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 01:04 PM

628 posts, read 1,317,520 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
So, urgency gives you pause? Did urgency give you pause when we rushed into the wrong war or were you guilted into accepting by claims of "patriotism"? Why would wanting to fix the biggest drag on our economy in a hurry be a problem? I'm sure the 45 million people without insurance don't feel like sitting back at risk while covered lawmakers and citizens sip coffee and play politics and disrupt the actual debates.
Well, you dont know me so I'll answer your questions. I was and am against the war. I disliked Bush from the beginning and think that he will probably go down as one of the worst POTUS in history. I was not guilted into supporting the war and further more I am totally against the patriot act and all the resultant loss of civil liberties.
I've been employed in the delivery and administration of health care in an acute care hospital setting for 35 years..recently retired...so I know full well the immediacy of the need to change the system, HOWEVER, I am not willing to support this if it means that I must accept everything the government tells me is so without having it exposed to the light of day for all to see. If this in someway makes me "wrong"...then so be it. I stand by my original statement. "We need time to look this over without being rushed into it".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 01:05 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,060,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I picked up on it. It was pretty clearly stated. The point he was making is that even with a public option, we will still have private insurers.
Next?
But the public option is going to be a bankrupt piece of waste.. just like the post office.

It was not a good analogy.

Next..

Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jareb View Post
Typical hysteria..Where did I say I was for insurance companies??? The country is not going to fold by giving this bill time to be debated and analyzed by the very citizenry that it will affect. This hard sell is like going to a used car lot. "If I dont buy it RIGHT NOW, the deal will be gone forever" Come on..any intelligent person knows that an issue this big needs to be fully dissected before its put into law. Your urgency is of your own making...a self inflicted hysteria, if you will. If the administration would just slow down and let the light shine on this legislation...they might just get it passed. If it is rammed down the throats of the country then the 2010 elections wont be pretty for those who support it.
""" If the administration would just slow down and let the light shine on this legislation...""

Yes, so Obama and others are on the radio, TV, in newspaper and magazine articles and townhall meetings to explain it ...and what happens?

People refuse to hear the answers!

People refuse to let others voice their opinions or hear answers.

They will not believe what any proponent tells them.

So-called Republican "leaders", like that spineless Palin, spread unbelievable lies which really stupid people actually believe!.

Excuse me BUT the hysteria is on their part!
These dolts believe "death panels" and "killing babies" are part of UHC.

But the most disturbing part of THEIR hysteria is that they don't want ANYONE to have a CHOICE of health care insurance options!

If these dolts don't WANT UHC they don't have to have it.....but that's not good enough...they want to keep it from those who do!
TYRANNY!

Old 08-11-2009, 01:13 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,260,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
I hear that President Obama has on schedule to hold a TH somewhere in Montana? Anybody hear of this? It would be really good news in his efforts to push for Health Care Reform. Obama is wonderful with oratorical skills, this is for sure.
Until you pull the plug on the teleprompter. Then, he ahs and uhs more than a 3rd grader giving a book report in front of his class

Old 08-11-2009, 01:29 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,788,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Until you pull the plug on the teleprompter. Then, he ahs and uhs more than a 3rd grader giving a book report in front of his class
I don't think he had a teleprompter when answering questions at today's town hall, and he sounded fine. Actually, at least today, he sounded more knowledgeable without it, walking around the stage.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:33 PM

2,557 posts, read 5,867,660 times
RATS! I was hoping for another you tube of the inside of the town hall meeting. I want to see if it's still all the same 6 people behind BO.......the smling one with sparkling teeth sitting there bobbling their heads up and down. That blonde with the glasses is in all of them as are many others.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:35 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,737,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
But the public option is going to be a bankrupt piece of waste.. just like the post office.

Next..
I get my mail delivered every day like clockwork. Anything I send priority mail arrives exactly when promised, if not early. From my perspective, the postal service works just fine.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:45 PM

38,651 posts, read 26,426,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
You can read the live-blogging of it here, if you don't have the opportunity to watch it:
Live-Blogging Obama’s Town Hall Meeting - Washington Wire - WSJ

OK, OK, I get it. It's another infomercial complete with a friendly crowd with friendly questions and strawmen arguments from the other side.

Old 08-11-2009, 01:47 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,178,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post

Next..
And the military??? Is that going bankrupt?

(PS. the post office and health care are different.)

Old 08-11-2009, 01:51 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,060,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
I get my mail delivered every day like clockwork. Anything I send priority mail arrives exactly when promised, if not early. From my perspective, the postal service works just fine.
So if it is not broke to you why try to fix it? This is the mentality most liberals are all over conservatives for.

Granted the PO and healthcare are 2 different animals but if the government cannot run a successful mail delivery system how can you expect them to provide viable healthcare coverage?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies