Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 09:45 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,958,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And NONE of them would have covered her care. If you think I'm wrong PROVE IT.
My point Ken & who etcs was:

#1 - UHC will be rationed health care.
#2 - There will be a panel or doctrine deciding who dies, the death panel is not a myth, in some form or shape it will exist and they will decide if you live, die and if death then you are given an option to choose on your own recognizance gov't funded assisted suicide.
#3 - Choice. I'm not convinced that UHC will allow for a private sector. And if no private sector, #1 and #2 get much more worrisome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2009, 10:04 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,315,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post

#2 - There will be a panel or doctrine deciding who dies, the death panel is not a myth, in some form or shape it will exist and they will decide if you live, die and if death then you are given an option to choose on your own recognizance gov't funded assisted suicide.
#3 - Choice. I'm not convinced that UHC will allow for a private sector. And if no private sector, #1 and #2 get much more worrisome.
Whoever told you these things was lying to you. Read the proposed bills.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:09 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,444,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
Exactly! So private sector insurances do not do this at all, right?

Right? Right?!
Private sector insurances do do this but they allow doctors to submit studies/documentation to show that an "experimental" treatment might benefit a particular patient and that goes before a review board of doctors. There are times that "experimental" drugs/procedures have been approved. This will not happen under a government run health care plan.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 10,303,225 times
Quote:
Yes I do say you are spinning it when you say that there will be no rationed health care and that death panels are a myth.

The thing is, with private insurance, I have choices and the ability to choose different providers. One may not cover, but another may at greater cost. With private insurance, at least I have more control over my fate/life.
Nobody's going to take away your right to have private health insurance.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:12 PM

Quote:

GOP Sen. Isakson: Palin’s â€Death Panel’ Tale â€Is Nuts,’ â€Mixed Up’ | ChattahBox News Blog

Old 08-12-2009, 10:15 PM

7,083 posts, read 12,085,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
The problem is that you are making the assumption the folks that post this story over and over again actually CARE about the real facts of the case.

Silly rabbit.

Ken
Yeah, I should really stop making that assumption!

Old 08-12-2009, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Private sector insurances do do this but they allow doctors to submit studies/documentation to show that an "experimental" treatment might benefit a particular patient and that goes before a review board of doctors. There are times that "experimental" drugs/procedures have been approved. This will not happen under a government run health care plan.
Why not? Do you have a link?

Old 08-12-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Why not? Do you have a link?
Why not? Because an efficiently run government health plan must set absolutes to keep costs down. As in, "the plan" will not cover "experimental" drugs/treatments. How much would the government have to spend to have a panel of doctor peers review the documentation submitted by individual doctors to ask for an exception to "experimental" drugs/treatments? It is just not going to happen. My source? Common sense and more than 30 years in the medical field.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Why not? Because an efficiently run government health plan must set absolutes to keep costs down. As in, "the plan" will not cover "experimental" drugs/treatments. How much would the government have to spend to have a panel of doctor peers review the documentation submitted by individual doctors to ask for an exception to "experimental" drugs/treatments? It is just not going to happen. My source? Common sense and more than 30 years in the medical field.
Sorry, but your mere guess at what might occur isn't really sufficient. And plenty of doctors who've been in the medical field as long as you have not only support a public health plan, but would prefer a single-payer option.

Old 08-12-2009, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingForward View Post
Sorry, but your mere guess at what might occur isn't really sufficient. And plenty of doctors who've been in the medical field as long as you have not only support a public health plan, but would prefer a single-payer option.
Why don't you ask about it at the next town hall meeting in your area? I am not a doctor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies