Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I'm sure that's the case, and in some cases, it might be sufficient. Given that this is a bill that will overhaul at large chunk of the economy and the healthcare system for Americans, I'm not satisfied with that.

Agreed. Again, with the significance of this one and the division in the country, I think it's irresponsible to not know it very well and misguided to think it's not crucial that you know it. This applies to those on the left and right

I completely agree. As I said, IMO I think they need to know the proposed legislation particularly on something of this magnitude. In their defense, it would be very hard to know all of the legislation that get passed to them. There is no reason for them not to be able to make it more manageable.
We often find ourselves arriving at the same conclusion, albeit through different paths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 12:44 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
There is a distinction between freedom of speech and terroristic speech which I think you are missing. As amused as you seem to be by that sign, you should respect that when threats like this are put on signs they do embolden people of similar sentiments, not just to also become more public in their threats, but to actually carry out such threats.
But you somehow find a justification when it was done to Bush..hypocrite and zero credibility..

Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,925,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
LOL. I may have intensely disliked the man, but like most people, I did not entertain the notion of taking him out...

Like most people. So you do acknowledge there were plenty of idiots on the left (much like the man carrying the Obama sign) that did want to take him out.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavid002 View Post
But you somehow find a justification when it was done to Bush..hypocrite and zero credibility..
You must have me confused with someone else. I've NEVER justified violence or the threat of violence, not to President Bush, nor to anyone else.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
You are incorrect.

Post some facts please. And most Americans are against the proposed UHC plan as it stands. Why do you think the President's ratings are dropping so fast lately?

Old 08-13-2009, 12:51 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
We often find ourselves arriving at the same conclusion, albeit through different paths.
That's true. I appreciate the give and take.

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Post some facts please. And most Americans are against the proposed UHC plan as it stands. Why do you think the President's ratings are dropping so fast lately?
Indeed.

Nice try but you didn't address the proof about what the poster prior to you was asking about.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Like most people. So you do acknowledge there were plenty of idiots on the left (much like the man carrying the Obama sign) that did want to take him out.
Well, no, that's not what the poster was saying.

As for Americans protesting, I recall many signs calling to impeach President Bush, but none to kill him. Overseas, it was a different story. I don't expect someone in India or Pakistan to have the same degree of respect for American Presidents that Americans should have.

And there may have been some American extremists, probably on the left, who might have entertained the notion of killing President Bush, but can you find any stories or photos about Americans waving "Death to Bush" signs?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:00 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,844,527 times
[quote=Theliberalvoice;10252716]
Quote:
This is sick and disgusting. I hope the Secret Services sees this.

I don't think this is worth hoping for the President to die.

Sad thing is that some people think it is ok to think this. I bet some right winger people on this forum will jump up and agree that it is ok to assassinate Obama. Sad sad.

I cannot wait to see the right defending this sick minded man.
Sad thing is that some left winger will blanket the entire right side of the political spectrum with completely unhinged suppositions that are not remotely based on fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies