Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 12:11 AM

1,179 posts, read 976,635 times

Advertisements

At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.”

TheHill.com - Sen. Cardin hears an earful on healthcare
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 AM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post

At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.”

TheHill.com - Sen. Cardin hears an earful on healthcare
I hope someone there got a picture of him with that sign, and it gets turned over to the Secret Service so he can be arrested for threatening the life of the President.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:17 AM

8,762 posts, read 11,582,114 times
This is sick and disgusting. I hope the Secret Services sees this.

I don't think this is worth hoping for the President to die.

Sad thing is that some people think it is ok to think this. I bet some right winger people on this forum will jump up and agree that it is ok to assassinate Obama. Sad sad.

I cannot wait to see the right defending this sick minded man.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:20 AM

2,661 posts, read 2,905,923 times
From that link:
“Washington has buried my family in debt,” yelled one audience member in a typical question.
Personal responsibility issues here - so far there's been a tax cut.

“If the government is allowed to have a plan, we won’t be able to have our own options,” she said.
Lol. If there's an option, we won't have an option?

“I have a lot of issues with the cost and how we’re going to pay for it, and whether it’s going to take away our choices,”
We borrowed 1.2 trillion for the MMA under bush - the public option is far cheaper (cbo)

How embarrassiong for Hagerstown.

Old 08-13-2009, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I hope someone there got a picture of him with that sign, and it gets turned over to the Secret Service so he can be arrested for threatening the life of the President.
I hope so, and I'd encourage any posts like that here (or anywhere else) to be reported as well. These people are getting more dangerous by the day and should not be taken lightly.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:14 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,096,801 times
Who cares. How many liberals wished for Bush' death even to the point of making a movie about it.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:30 AM

5,906 posts, read 5,740,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Who cares. How many liberals wished for Bush' death even to the point of making a movie about it.
LOL. I may have intensely disliked the man, but like most people, I did not entertain the notion of taking him out...nor did I decide to form or join a militia to express my displeasure.

Conservatives (and others) are having a mass hissy fit right now, similar to what occurred during the last Democratic administration. What appears to separate conservative/right and liberal/left displeasure is how we deal with that emotion.

Advocating the death of any public official is not patriotic. It's unhinged.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:32 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,576,992 times
Quote:
What movie was that? I can't think of it. Oh....& for the record: if someone came to a rally w/ "Death To So & So" on their poster, I'd have a problem w/that. I'd also assume they would be tracked back to the FBI or whoever does that sort of thing. But hey, you keep on not caring....til it comes to when your boy is in office, eh?

Old 08-13-2009, 01:39 AM

Quote:
You are walking along the cusp here. I wouldn't be surprised if you would advocate such a horrendous act.

Old 08-13-2009, 01:41 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,576,703 times
I was reading an article today that Obama is recieving about 30 or so death threats daily since taking office, a 400% increase compared to the last president. Why do I get a feeling a large percentage of these threats are racial? May God protect President Obama & his family from all of these unhinged whackos coming out of the woodwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies