Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 07:03 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,130,298 times

Advertisements

My gosh what is this country coming to. This is just unprecedented. Nothing like this ever would have happened to George Bush. People respectfully disagreed with that man. They'd never shout, disrupt or use hate speech on President Bush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 07:10 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,521,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.”

TheHill.com - Sen. Cardin hears an earful on healthcare

Your title and you post doesnt match up. Why do you lie?

Feel The Love....more like Feel The Lies.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:14 AM

10,757 posts, read 35,470,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I hope someone there got a picture of him with that sign, and it gets turned over to the Secret Service so he can be arrested for threatening the life of the President.
Yep, the secret service is going to be busy with these wackaloons.

I'm starting to think some psych meds need to be introduced into the water supply.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:16 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,210,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
My gosh what is this country coming to. This is just unprecedented. Nothing like this ever would have happened to George Bush. People respectfully disagreed with that man. They'd never shout, disrupt or use hate speech on President Bush.
How could they? Bush's people arrested them if they dared show up wearing anti-Bush t-shirts or Kerry-Edwards buttons.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:31 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,603,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
At the entrance to the college, one man stood with a small, handwritten cardboard sign that read, “Death To Obama.â€

TheHill.com - Sen. Cardin hears an earful on healthcare
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Doesn't suprise me. The conservatives are praying for his death.
To the OP and the poster above, that article clearly says "one man." Generalizing from one man with a grossly inappropriate sign is not a well-reasoned conclusion.

I'm sure the Secret Service is spending some quality time with him, which they should. There should be no tolerance for this.

For those on the right, yes there were people that said horrible things about Bush. That does not excuse this guy. Both sides will point out that the other side does it while missing the point that this should not be tolerated from anyone. Both side need to stop being so partisan that they're willing to excuse poor behavior because someone else did it too.

Old 08-13-2009, 09:39 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,221,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
I hope someone there got a picture of him with that sign, and it gets turned over to the Secret Service so he can be arrested for threatening the life of the President.
I hope so, too!

Old 08-13-2009, 09:43 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,221,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
This is sick and disgusting. I hope the Secret Services sees this.

I don't think this is worth hoping for the President to die.

Sad thing is that some people think it is ok to think this. I bet some right winger people on this forum will jump up and agree that it is ok to assassinate Obama. Sad sad.

I cannot wait to see the right defending this sick minded man.

IMO, all of "this" is simply about deeply held racism. Any person with a third-grade reading capacity can see that these things they are so upset about are NOT IN ANY HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL. All of "these things" these people are screaming about at not the real issues. It's about having the first black man as President of this country.

The horrendous ugliness of racism has reared its awful head again in 2009!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:00 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,603,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
IMO, all of "this" is simply about deeply held racism. Any person with a third-grade reading capacity can see that these things they are so upset about are NOT IN ANY HEALTH CARE REFORM BILL. All of "these things" these people are screaming about at not the real issues. It's about having the first black man as President of this country.

The horrendous ugliness of racism has reared its awful head again in 2009!
"Any person with a third-grade reading capacity can see..." That explains it.

Please provide some evidence to support this.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Please provide some evidence to support this.
Text of H.R.3200 as Introduced in House: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

Old 08-13-2009, 10:10 AM

Ha. It's been viewed less than 250,000 times.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies