Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2009, 10:11 AM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
The key words are "one man"

Most people oppose healthcare reform, but only a few idiots wish death on the president
ONE MAN who actually displayed such a sign in PUBLIC. If there is ONE MAN who would do such a thing in public, I don't want to even think about how many OTHERS there are out there wishing the same thing in secret with their frinds. By the way, it only takes ONE LUNATIC......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2009, 10:13 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Thanks, but that wasn't what I was saying. I was questioning the link to racism.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:14 AM

3,425 posts, read 6,309,332 times
Most of these ignorant neanderthals that are showing up at these protests do not even know what the health care bill is about. I would say many are uninsured themselves. For the most part, these people are totally irrational, have no intelligence or analytical ability whatsoever and believe in anything they hear from Limbaugh and Hannity.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Ha. It's been viewed less than 250,000 times.
I wonder how many of those 250,000 were members of Congress. I'm sure Conyers wasn't one.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
How could they? Bush's people arrested them if they dared show up wearing anti-Bush t-shirts or Kerry-Edwards buttons.
Oh! You're right. I'd forgotten that! Did did arrest people. One couple they arrested was at a Colorado event!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:18 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
I wonder how many of those 250,000 were members of Congress. I'm sure Conyers wasn't one.
No, he's busy prosecuting Karl Rove.

I wonder how many of them actually read and understood the whole thing, or at least enough to get an honest idea of its intent and direction.

Old 08-13-2009, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
"Any person with a third-grade reading capacity can see..." That explains it.

Please provide some evidence to support this.

I forgot to put "IMO" in my post....(no, I didn't) PLEASE SEE THE FIRST LETTERS IN MY POST......IN MY OPINION.........it's my opinon, based on having completed the thrid grade, and having no trouble reading the various versions of the bill, as the final version has not been completed yet.

I'm amazed that these older people are so easily manipulated by the organizers of this "movement".......the insurance companies!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
I forgot to put "IMO" in my post.............it's my opinon, based on having completed the thrid grade, and having no trouble reading the various versions of the bill, as the final version has not been completed yet.

I'm amazed that these older people are so easily manipulated by the organizers of this "movement".......the insurance companies!
If you're going to call it your opinion, then that's fine.

I do wonder though, if it's that they're being manipulated by the insurance companies, meaning that they would not otherwise be opposed if it wasn't for the disinformation, how is it that the reason they're opposing the bill is their racism?

I will agree though that there are some misconceptions floating around about the bill. I think that on this bill, the administration has not handled the message well and addressed the specific concerns people have well enough to ease their minds. This coupled with attempts to label people and marginalize them has further agitated those opposed to the bill.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:25 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
My gosh what is this country coming to. This is just unprecedented. Nothing like this ever would have happened to George Bush. People respectfully disagreed with that man. They'd never shout, disrupt or use hate speech on President Bush.
We disagreed with Bush but I honestly do not recall anybody I hang around wishing Bush would die or wishing his wife or daughters illness. But I hear this about Obama and his family ALL the friggin time! I never- nor do I now wish any illness or death upon the Bush family. I think a few of them should be in jail but that is another matter. When the champion of cons, Ronald Reagan was shot by John Hinckley, I bowed my head and prayed for him and for the country he lead. While I hated his ideas I did not wish him ill.

Old 08-13-2009, 11:28 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
Most of these ignorant neanderthals that are showing up at these protests do not even know what the health care bill is about. I would say many are uninsured themselves. For the most part, these people are totally irrational, have no intelligence or analytical ability whatsoever and believe in anything they hear from Limbaugh and Hannity.
You are right. They just go there because they are MAD at the fact that the nation is changing right under their feet and they are powerless to stop the changes. They see us becoming more and more of a "no majority" nation and the power of the white male in decline and they want to channel their anger on somebody and right wing talk radio eggs them on. It is not even about healthcare with these people. They would show up no matter the issue if the AM Nazis tell them to show up!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies