Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2009, 01:32 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

I know not many people are able to read the Dutch article, but I will explain what it is about.

With a soc. health care system you also have a soc. government system for when a employee reports them self sick. They still get paid 100% up to a certain days. Since so many people were abusing the system the government came up with a new plan. People who reported sick for the 1st time lost 2 vacation days and for every next sick reporting they lost 1 more day until they still had 25 paid vacation days left!!!

Now with the H1N1 swine flu they expect many people to misuse the the system and they will report them self sick. When they report them self sick they have to be checked by a government doctor but since this illness is contagous not many doctors will check on them and the employees know this!

Some illnesses are very popular to have since they are hard to detect or to check on...for pregnant woman the most popular thing is to have an instable pelvis after the delivery something that can be painful but simple to prognosed with by a doctor, and other than therapy, rest is what should help the woman to recover...it is mainly back pains and when I was an employer I had several woman all having the same issue and not being able to work since they had to stand on their feet most of the day. One I got rid off since she was so "stupid" to go dance all night at a wedding and it was taped....otherwise I couldn't even have fired her since I had to wait till she was sick for a year and than I had to pay a penalty for her to get disability money (same counts for an employee that goes siing and breaks a leg, and the employer can pay for it!)
The second thing is being over worked, stressed out (although having only 36 hour work week and at least 25 days paid off days), which is hard to check on and if you are a good actor, you can get away with it in a soc. health system and soc. government system!

Is that what we want over here ...lazy people who lie their way out of things and waiting for a handout from the government...?

That is what I see right now with most of the people in favor of changing the system into government regulated health care and more...a government who can't run USPS into a profitable company.

Why not keep the system and improve it...if some one doesn't want to pay for health care but wants to have a flat screen tv and a fancy car, why should other pay for them...I have the examples in my street...no health care, but they live the good life and they own their own home and paid a large amount cash, so tell me why don't they get health care like I do?

'Protocol Mexicaanse griep zet aan tot doen alsof'

'Fake-griep-patiënten door protocol' - Nationale Grieplijn - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur Actueel, ook mobiel] [Grieplijn]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies