Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 02:20 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
To all those people who think this bill is only going to affect those who currently don't have insurance, you are being naive.

If this bill passes, 10 years from now, private healthcare will be a "whats that?" issue.
More crystal ball proclamations. Nothing more.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2009, 02:21 PM

5,475 posts, read 12,240,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
it's nauseating. that woman was RUDE.
Twowolves,

Did you see Greta interview her last night on Fox. This interview says it all. Really. Watch the whole thing.

YouTube - Rep Sheila Jackson-Lee's Overtalk Of Greta Van Susteren About Cell Phone

Old 08-14-2009, 02:28 PM

2,229 posts, read 1,685,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
More crystal ball proclamations. Nothing more.
You are right. Its speculation. A bet that I would place my annual insurance premiums on.

10 years. Max.

And I am not a betting man.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
lol..she has her constituents (supposedly) shouting "just say no" and she's doing all she can to get this bill passed "for her constituents".

These politicians are on a mission from the President to hold town hall meetings but actually listening to their constituents is not part of it.

Old 08-14-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
You are right. Its speculation. A bet that I would place my annual insurance premiums on.

10 years. Max.

And I am not a betting man.
I'm with you and I give it 5 years. I just don't see it going any other way myself.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:16 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
What's the problem here? OP, you have insurance, correct? Do you like it? Are you going to drop that & go to the gov provided one once it's enacted? No? Why not? Oh, because you're satisfied w/the provider your have, right? You have no reason to switch, right? You already HAVE insurance, right? So, in other words, this whole hysteria over this is baseless because as it's been pounded into the stupid thick heads of the idiots on this forum who are against the plan, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO GET RID OF YOUR INSURANCE PLAN!!!! THIS GOV PLAN IS FOR PEOPLE WHO CANNOT AFFORD INSURANCE IF THEY DO NOT ALREADY HAVE IT. Capisce? Did my capital letters get it thru everyone's idiotic head?
let's see if we can get this through the liberals idiotic heads now. i probably won't use capital letters either. geez. yes i have insurance and i would not like to switch. but guess what.....i will be taxed to help pay for the insurance of those that do not have insurance....while still paying for my own. so, why should i have to pay for your insurance and mine? i shouldn't...but i will have to if this idiot rams this through congress. just because you liberals have awful jobs that do not provide insurance doesn't mean i should have to pay for you to have government insurance.

Old 08-14-2009, 03:26 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by booker_one View Post
let's see if we can get this through the liberals idiotic heads now. i probably won't use capital letters either. geez. yes i have insurance and i would not like to switch. but guess what.....i will be taxed to help pay for the insurance of those that do not have insurance....while still paying for my own. so, why should i have to pay for your insurance and mine? i shouldn't...but i will have to if this idiot rams this through congress. just because you liberals have awful jobs that do not provide insurance doesn't mean i should have to pay for you to have government insurance.
Nice assumption. No sweetie, I have a good job w/good insurance. And nope, I don't mind being taxed a little so everyone in this country can receive the insurance that they deserve. But see, I'm like that, I'm actually a good person who cares about others. I'm not from the party of personal affect. I actually feel bad for the morally corrupt jerks out there who are SO concerned about a teeny tiny tax that will go towards helping their fellow citizens. It's all me me me, isn't it?

Old 08-14-2009, 03:30 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Nice assumption. No sweetie, I have a good job w/good insurance. And nope, I don't mind being taxed a little so everyone in this country can receive the insurance that they deserve. But see, I'm like that, I'm actually a good person who cares about others. I'm not from the party of personal affect. I actually feel bad for the morally corrupt jerks out there who are SO concerned about a teeny tiny tax that will go towards helping their fellow citizens. It's all me me me, isn't it?
yeah sure...a teeny tiny tax....don't you know several teeny tiny taxes add up to a big tax? the bush tax cuts are going to be gone after next year and then we will be screwed. just wait.

Quote:
But will you mind when you get taxed a lot ?

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowolves View Post
elaborate?
I see why you're STILL under the impression that you are going to be forcibly moved onto public government welfare-healthcare.... because you subscribe to emails that tell you so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies