Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Trust Barrack H. Obama
Yes 42 39.62%
I never did 34 32.08%
I did, but NOT any longer 9 8.49%
I did NOT, but I do trust him now 0 0%
no 17 16.04%
other 2 1.89%
not sure 2 1.89%
Voters: 106. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 04:56 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times

Advertisements

Hes a politician, I don't believe a word he says. I think he has good intentions, and that he is trying to do some good things, but he'd sell his mother down the river to get ahead, just like the rest of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 05:21 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times
He's a politician--which makes him inherently untrustworthy.

Old 08-17-2009, 05:26 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
This poll is racist!
Bringing the word up is more racist....all options are there....so choose whatever you want, or where you sarcastic?

Old 08-17-2009, 06:02 AM

24,411 posts, read 23,065,142 times
He's very much like Bush. Surrounded with the wrong people telling him what to do and making major errors. But we wanted another empty suit and we got another empty suit.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:22 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,136 times
I voted Yes.

But he's a politician, it's hard for me to truly trust any of them!

Old 08-17-2009, 06:48 AM

94 posts, read 107,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
I trust Obama more than any other president in history.

He is living up to my greatest expectations of what a president should be, and then some.

I especially like his pragmatism. He makes thoughtful decisions based on intelligence and reason, and he is flexible enough to change course when conditions change.

And to the people above who think he takes too much vacation ... they should be aware that it is now August ... and Obama is busy traveling around the country conducting town hall meetings on healthcare.

He is NOT spending an entire month of August on vacation, like Bush did for 8 straight years, including the weeks leading up to 9/11!
I am a proud former Obama supporter. Your expectations must be very low if you really believe he makes thoughtful decisions and is flexible. I believe he is calculating and is purposely driving our economy in the ground so more people will be willing to accept government interference in their lives. I believe he has a need to become a legendary figure in American history. I was excited by his message of hope and change, but just the opposite is happening. I hated Bush, the war, the back room deals that go on in Washington. Obama promised to bring us all together. That was a lie. His plan, divide and conquer. And that is the shape our country is in. The changing point for me has been coming for several weeks, but when he looked in the tv. camera and joked around about him not wanting to pull the plug on Grandma, I thought he was so condescending, and instead of having an adult and real conversation about people's concern's, he blew them off. The white house is full of adolescents who received the best gift ever, and are quickly destroying it. What a waste. In 20 years Obama will be a footnote alongside Jimmy Carter in the Presidential hall of Shame. And by the way, I voted for Carter. I seem to keep on being taken in by these politicians who want to give peace a chance. As for Obama, he has yet to realize we voted for him to work for us, not his legacy.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:57 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,818,992 times
A good leader earns trust. Just because he holds the title of POTUS, should I automatically trust him? And if he keeps on the course that he has chosen, which is much different that what he promised this nation, then he also lose my respect.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:03 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
I know one thing for sure, I don't trust the opinions of people who can't even correctly spell his name.

Old 08-17-2009, 07:22 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,706,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomotive View Post
I am a proud former Obama supporter. Your expectations must be very low if you really believe he makes thoughtful decisions and is flexible. I believe he is calculating and is purposely driving our economy in the ground so more people will be willing to accept government interference in their lives. I believe he has a need to become a legendary figure in American history. I was excited by his message of hope and change, but just the opposite is happening. I hated Bush, the war, the back room deals that go on in Washington. Obama promised to bring us all together. That was a lie. His plan, divide and conquer. And that is the shape our country is in. The changing point for me has been coming for several weeks, but when he looked in the tv. camera and joked around about him not wanting to pull the plug on Grandma, I thought he was so condescending, and instead of having an adult and real conversation about people's concern's, he blew them off. The white house is full of adolescents who received the best gift ever, and are quickly destroying it. What a waste. In 20 years Obama will be a footnote alongside Jimmy Carter in the Presidential hall of Shame. And by the way, I voted for Carter. I seem to keep on being taken in by these politicians who want to give peace a chance. As for Obama, he has yet to realize we voted for him to work for us, not his legacy.

The fundamental flaw in your argument is that all indicators and most economists suggest the economy is improving and we are coming out of recession.

For all the flack about taking over General Motors, they showed their first positive sales in years last month.

The banking industry and Wall Street are re-regulated and not nearly as subject to the excesses that collapsed them in the first place.

The other flaw in your argument is that Obama mocked the "death panel" argument (actually, he never mocked it, but we'll go with that for now) because it deserved to be mocked. It never existed and was just a scare tactic of the far right to distract people from the real issues. Every lie should be mocked.

It's just hard for me to buy into these conspiracy theories when all indicators suggest that Obama's policies are actually working. Sometimes you need to spend money to make money.

The final verdict will be whether he upholds his promise to pay down the deficit once the economy recovers.

(Re the above and the OP: I am also suspect of anyone critical of our president who, after all these years, still cannot spell his name yet makes sure to include the "H." for impact. How much have you really studied his positions without spin or ever given him a chance to begin with? Probably never).

Old 08-17-2009, 08:04 AM

5,767 posts, read 5,015,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomotive View Post
I am a proud former Obama supporter. Your expectations must be very low if you really believe he makes thoughtful decisions and is flexible.
Would you care to give some examples of his rashness and inflexibility? I see him attempting to fulfill his campaign promises, with insufficient help from Congress. The first bill that President Obama signed guaranteed women equal pay for equal work: it's incredible that it took over two centuries to accomplish what seems so obviously just.

I believe he is calculating and is purposely driving our economy in the ground so more people will be willing to accept government interference in their lives.
Again, what examples would you cite to back your belief? He has done nothing even remotely as profoundly intrusive and damaging to our freedom
as Bush's so-called "Patriot Act," or as dangerous to our liberty as the bill
giving the president the power to declare martial law and disband Congress. Can you point to anything done by Obama that has been as clear a danger to our country as those acts?
Bush legalizes martial law -- what Constitution? - Boing Boing
The Executive Branch does not have the power to control the economy by itself. Were you upset when Bush enacted his intrusive and possibly unconstitutional bills?

I believe he has a need to become a legendary figure in American history.
He accomplished that when he became the first African-American to be elected to the highest office in the land...it seems clear that his position as a "legendary figure" is assured.

I was excited by his message of hope and change, but just the opposite is happening. I hated Bush, the war, the back room deals that go on in Washington. Obama promised to bring us all together. That was a lie.
President Obama extended his hand to all Americans, asking their help in fixing our many national problems. That offer was flatly rejected by the GOP, proving once again their disdain for the welfare of American citizens.
It's odd that one would blame Obama for the actions of others: if you aren't pleased that the country is so divided, look to those who have made it a point to reject working with President Obama. They are the liars, for they have broken the oaths that they took to support the Constitution and work for the welfare of their constituents...us.

His plan, divide and conquer. And that is the shape our country is in.
I am now quite sure that you have the cart before the horse; the idealogues of the GOP have been using this strategy for about 30 years now, and people are still gullible enough to buy their lies. Again, look to the true dividers...Gingrich, Limbaugh, Cheney...all of them liars.
The changing point for me has been coming for several weeks, but when he looked in the tv. camera and joked around about him not wanting to pull the plug on Grandma, I thought he was so condescending, and instead of having an adult and real conversation about people's concern's, he blew them off.
Like President Obama, there are millions of us who find it hard to believe that anyone would be either foolish or deliberately dishonest enough to bandy about ridiculous notions that the American government would allow or condone such a thing as "Death Squads." Obama's only mistake has been that he believes, as he has often stated, in the intelligence of the American people. Clearly he overestimated our ability to think rationally and for ourselves; it's clear that some would prefer to rely on the distortions and outright lies of those with their own agenda...one that has no place in it for what is best for the American people, only what's best for themselves.

The white house is full of adolescents who received the best gift ever, and are quickly destroying it. What a waste.

President Obama has handed no governmental agencies over to fraternity or business cronies. How quickly people have forgotten Hurricane Katrina, and the fact that "Heckuva job Brownie" was totally unfit for the important job that he was given. The same type of remarks about "adolescents" were
made about President Clinton, who balanced the budget, left us with a surplus, and was held in high regard by the global community. It was the GOP who received "the best gift ever:" a centrist president who was willing to work in a bi-partisan way for America's benefit. Their partisan refusal to work with any American president should make it quite clear who has done
the wasting...it's their tradition to protect and defend the very rich, and they do it well.

In 20 years Obama will be a footnote alongside Jimmy Carter in the Presidential hall of Shame. And by the way, I voted for Carter. I seem to keep on being taken in by these politicians who want to give peace a chance. As for Obama, he has yet to realize we voted for him to work for us, not his legacy.
In twenty years so much more will be known about the corruption of the Bush 43 administration that President Obama will shine in comparison. The requisite portrait of Bush will be housed in the basement of the Presidential
Hall of Shame. The willingness of the poster to so quickly switch any blame from those who have earned it to one who is trying to fix so many problems at once leads me to suspect that, in truth, the post was written by one who actually supported McCain and Palin, and that the post is just another ruse to diminish reality and is an attempt to tarnish the reputation of one who inherited more severe problems than any president in modern history, other than FDR. One should be grateful that we now have a POTUS who isn't operating under the delusion that God placed him in power. That requires a grandiosity and sense of entitlement that is reserved for the scions of dynastic wealth and their colleagues. This president was raised in the middle class and has earned his status, as opposed to relying on daddy's group of friends to run the country while he is somewhere else, cutting brush.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies