Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 10:50 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,943,575 times

Advertisements

The Obama administration, in a major shift on housing policy, is abandoning George W. Bush’s vision of creating an “ownership society’’

I guess you can forget about the American dream of owning a home...Way to go Obama...

I'm luving all this hope & change...

President shifts focus to renting, not owning - The Boston Globe
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2009, 10:51 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,716,244 times
But, I thought 'those' people had no business buying homes in the first place

Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
The Obama administration, in a major shift on housing policy, is abandoning George W. Bush’s vision of creating an “ownership society’’

I guess you can forget about the American dream of owning a home...Way to go Obama...

I tell you, the level of complaints. I thought those who purchased homes who shouldn't were the reason we got here, now your bytching that he's encouring folks to rent and not over extend on credit they really can't afford.

Old 08-17-2009, 10:57 AM

1,193 posts, read 3,994,734 times
Great. I can't wait for more HUD housing!

As I drove past the expansive HUD complexes on the way to work I thought to myself "You know, this town really needs more crack dealers. Crack prices are too high and I don't see enough murders on the local news."

Please, think of the crackheads. Lets get some more HUD housing.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:

First of all, did you forget about the $8,000 credit for first time home buyers? Of course you did. Secondly, this is providing affordable housing for not only low income but middle income people as well. Again, horrible idea. Third, this program is geared towards people who cannot afford buying a home anyway. Would you like these people to go ahead & get a loan for a house they can't afford? Oh wait, that already happened! Next time, think w/the brain before starting a thread that certainly makes no sense.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:38 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
some people have no business owning a home, and it doesn't help to continue pretending they do.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,943,575 times
Quote:
First of all, did you forget about the $8,000 credit for first time home buyers? Of course you did. Secondly, this is providing affordable housing for not only low income but middle income people as well. Again, horrible idea. Third, this program is geared towards people who cannot afford buying a home anyway. Would you like these people to go ahead & get a loan for a house they can't afford? Oh wait, that already happened! Next time, think w/the brain before starting a thread that certainly makes no sense.
Im talking about as the article states "Done properly, they say, homeownership can bolster the tax base and bring stability to neighborhoods and families, reducing crime and helping people achieve financial independence."

but the keywords are "helping people achieve financial independence" which is contary to democrat goals...keep as many people dependent on the government...for their own power!!!

Old 08-17-2009, 11:47 AM

2,479 posts, read 3,236,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
I tell you, the level of complaints. I thought those who purchased homes who shouldn't were the reason we got here, now your bytching that he's encouring folks to rent and not over extend on credit they really can't afford.
They are.
Yes, he/she is still b*******.
Don't buy what you can't afford in the first place. Great Idea!
Nice post.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,572,367 times
Quote:
Im talking about as the article states "Done properly, they say, homeownership can bolster the tax base and bring stability to neighborhoods and families, reducing crime and helping people achieve financial independence."
Where in your OP are you talking about a specific portion of the article? All you did was b*tch as usual about Obama, blaming him for everything. Simply put, if someone cannot afford to buy a home, they shouldn't. How is this such a difficult concept to grasp????????

Old 08-17-2009, 12:06 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,894,387 times
It has little to do with hosuing'its the regulation of loans. The government still needs to encourage homeownership. Its liie rent to own which is a drina because it allows those businesses to cahrge three time what the itewm is worth. Same for those renting that could be buying a modest home with the same amount. It has wroiked in the past and it can work again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies