Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 06:31 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times

Advertisements

Man carries assault rifle to Obama protest -- and it's legal - CNN.com

I know it's legal in alot of states to carry a weapon. (It's our right!)

I'm for gun control, I have a few weapons myself.

Why carry an assault rifle to protest Obama?

Obama is speaking about Healthcare, not gun control.

What political postioning do Republicans expect to happen by carrying a weapon used to kill many? (Intimidation maybe.)

This is my opinion! I think it's very disrespectful for anybody to carry a weapon like that for political reason's. The little ounce of respect I once had for Republicans evaporated into thin air!!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...ama-event.html

Duplicate thread.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
I'll offer an opposing viewpoint: Think of it this way - the person carrying the weapon was not scooped up for questioning, was not taken to jail, was not hog-tied and threatened with life imprisonment with no trial, and was generally only hounded by the media instead of authorities. My point? You should be glad that you live in a country that individual rights and liberties are respected under the law. The bigger picture of freedom is what is important here - agreeing or disagreeing with decision to bring the gun to the event is irrelevant.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Thank you.

Mod plz evaporate this thread!

Old 08-18-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'll offer an opposing viewpoint: Think of it this way - the person carrying the weapon was not scooped up for questioning, was not taken to jail, was not hog-tied and threatened with life imprisonment with no trial, and was generally only hounded by the media instead of authorities. My point? You should be glad that you live in a country that individual rights and liberties are respected under the law. The bigger picture of freedom is what is important here - agreeing or disagreeing with decision to bring the gun to the event is irrelevant.
This is a political arrogance perpetrated by a party so bitter by the loss of an election that they are sticking gun control in his face and you know it.

I've never seen anything like this in my life. This never happened to any other president like this.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:49 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,665,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post
This is a political arrogance perpetrated by a party so bitter by the loss of an election that they are sticking gun control in his face and you know it.

I've never seen anything like this in my life. This never happened to any other president like this.

I am an NRA member and regularly shoot rifles and pistols. I guess I would never carry a weapon anywhere near a president or public official, as someone may interpret that at aggressive, resulting in being plinked. Maybe he should just contribute to the NRA.

Old 08-18-2009, 06:55 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Opinion View Post

Political arrogance? Individual liberty under the law plays no part, huh?

I see no reason to view this as "sticking gun control in his face." I do, however, see it as showing that the Second Amendment and AZ laws trump the President. You should find that reassuring instead of threatening. I suppose it could be considered flaunting - but again - whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant. The bigger picture of freedom is what is important.

I believe you misconstrue what i'm saying. I don't believe its a good idea to take a gun to a presidential event - but it's his right to do that if he so chooses.

Old 08-18-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Political arrogance? Individual liberty under the law plays no part, huh?

I see no reason to view this as "sticking gun control in his face." I do, however, see it as showing that the Second Amendment and AZ laws trump the President. You should find that reassuring instead of threatening. I suppose it could be considered flaunting - but again - whether you agree or disagree is irrelevant. The bigger picture of freedom is what is important.

I believe you misconstrue what i'm saying. I don't believe its a good idea to take a gun to a presidential event - but it's his right to do that if he so chooses.
I see it as disrespect not freedom. I bring a gun with me for protection, hunting and shooting. Why bring a gun to the Town hall?

I'm wondering what message do these people with the assault rifles are trying to say?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies