Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:31 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
No. It was the independents/moderates as usual. The Left is only 15-20% of the electorate. If you take a peek at the exit polls about 20-25% of conservatives voted for obama, but it was the indies that put him over the top.

As I said before, the Left can't put anyone in office on their own.

Ssshhh dont tell them they are in the minority. They will all freak out and go nuts.

They cannot understand that the MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE DO NOT WANT THIS TO PASS but yet left winger mobsters are still pushing it.

So if this poster says the majority put him in the WH and that is ok but then wont allow the same majority to stop this bill.

Another double standard left wing mobster thing I guess.

The PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN, we do not want this and the dems will pay for it if they find a sneaky way to get it through.

Here I thought those congress members were elected to vote as their areas majority wants them to vote. Not any more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 AM

689 posts, read 743,016 times
Okay...wait for it. Shocked! Again.

It will get better again though (a little). He'll eventually do something that people "get". I get a birdie about one out of every 18 holes. This is my reasoning and research. So...Being a crappy golfer I realize that, one out of every 18 holes, I look like a pro. If I can do it, so can he. Think about that...if you are able wrap your head around it.

Old 08-19-2009, 12:45 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,279,481 times
Quote:
No. It was the independents/moderates as usual. The Left is only 15-20% of the electorate. If you take a peek at the exit polls about 20-25% of conservatives voted for obama, but it was the indies that put him over the top.

As I said before, the Left can't put anyone in office on their own.
Neither can the Right, apparently.

Old 08-19-2009, 04:56 AM

539 posts, read 700,189 times
Quote:
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

How low will he go? If the dems try and rahm through UHC with the majority of the country against it - really, really low is my guess.

Low enough that congress will change hands in 2010.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
At this point in Reagan's administration his approval rating was in the 30s.

It's too early to judge Obama ; only time will tell. Next year we'll have a better idea. Although I do think there'll be a GOP Senate come November....

Old 08-19-2009, 05:27 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
If PResident Dumbass would focus on the economy instead of ramming healthcare and every other irrelevant bill down our throats he might have better approval ratings.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Gallup Daily: Obama Job Approval

How low will he go? If the dems try and rahm through UHC with the majority of the country against it - really, really low is my guess.

Low enough that congress will change hands in 2010.
He is already challenging Carter for the honor of Worst President in American History, in my opinion. He is probably the most corrupt, at the very least, bringing "Chicago style" politics to the White House. I've never seen anything like this. The guy is a skunk.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 AM

1,211 posts, read 2,676,141 times
Same ol America. Same ol Racism... Same ol Caveman mentality.

Old 08-19-2009, 06:01 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He is already challenging Carter for the honor of Worst President in American History, in my opinion. He is probably the most corrupt, at the very least, bringing "Chicago style" politics to the White House. I've never seen anything like this. The guy is a skunk.
Carter was a failure but not the worst president of the 20th century or of American history, and his approval ratings at this point in his administration were higher than Obama's (or Reagan's) at this point. Carter's first year was his best year. As for most corrupt, you really need to read more American history. Even leaving Bush out of this, there were some extremely corrupt administrations in US history that make right now seem like nothing. Know anything about Grant, Hayes, or Harding?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:03 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,124,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metro.m View Post
Same ol America. Same ol Racism... Same ol Caveman mentality.
Ha! Well, Europe would be glad to have ya, hint hint wink wink...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies