Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:16 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
Republicans back to their school yard debate tactics. Someone else did it first Why how grown up of you.
Pay attention I have said neither should be doing it. I have said we need to get rid of them all and start over.

I would be saying the same exact thing if it were a republican or democrat. I am feed up with these people that have forgotten they work for us and right now it happens to be Franks AGAIN

So who needs to grow up now? You will defend democrats for doing this while insulting a republican while I insult both.

So please take your own advice
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:17 AM

13,651 posts, read 20,780,689 times
Barney Frank Confronts Woman At Town Hall Comparing Obama To Hitler

Frank was totally in the right for a change. He said the right thing to this person.

But I ask- If comparisons to Nazis are so wrong now (and they are) why were they acceptable under Bush? Was Frank shouting down all the Lefties who were ignorant enough to believe that Bush was worst than Hitler?

Nazi comparisons are inappropriate outside of totalitarian regimes.

1,300 posts, read 1,493,432 times
People have tried educating these nitwits to no avail. The have no interest in actually learning anything - they just want to be disruptive. Frank responded to her as he should have and I hope of Dems follow his example.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Rather than take the high road or try to educate the woman to show where she is wrong, Frank defaults to full on,liberal attack mode.

We don't need creatures like him making policy.

16,880 posts, read 15,201,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
That was awesome!!! Finally a politician with some guts

which politician? because frank has no guts at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's wrong, regardless. Why is this so difficult for some people to comprehend? Is the need to appear to be correct, even if it means using grade-school tactics to justify a wrong, really that important?
I agree its wrong on both sides but sometimes you have to remind them that democrats did the samething

Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
She was probably a liberal plant.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,479,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
I do agree that he should not have wasted his time on this woman due to the way she presented herself but he should have responded in a much more professional manner. All he really accomplished by responding the way he did was to give more ammunition to his opponents and possibly ruined his reputation with some who either supported him or were on the fence with how they feel about him.
The disinformation media have made Frank a lightning rod for right-wing whackos. He has to deal with such dross on a regular basis. It does no actual good for anyone to give them anything more than the brush-off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobop View Post
On another note, if it is true that you work daily as an analyst and advisor to both the executive and legislative branches of the federal government I find it absurd that you would have "Keep the illegals, deport the Republicans" under your user name in the posts.
One of the benefits of C-D. You get to raise some points here that would be inapprorpriate in a professional environment. In fact, scrupulous non-partisanship is a hallmark of my own professional environment. But it remains true that millions of undocumented immigrants are here and up early every day, working hard to make this country a better place for all of us. Republicans have been falling well short of that mark. They have been contributing nothing. If we are going to start deporting people, it's these Republicans who will need to go first.

As for opinions, everyone gets to have one. But if you can't support it, it's worthless.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:23 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
I agree its wrong on both sides but sometimes you have to remind them that democrats did the samething
Remember that when rightists yell about bringing up Bush.

Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterBrownBiscuit View Post
People have tried educating these nitwits to no avail. The have no interest in actually learning anything - they just want to be disruptive. Frank responded to her as he should have and I hope of Dems follow his example.

~ButterBrownBiscuit~
Who does Franks work for ?

Old 08-19-2009, 08:25 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
You mean the swastikas with the line through them, meaning oppose this type of policy? You mean those?
Sorry but you don't get to strip away the meaning of the swastika in western world since the 20th century for your own political convenience. And for those that put a line through the swastika, which not all do, the implication is still the same--that Nazi policies that eventually led to the extermination of millions of people are being supported and advocated in this country. It's a an immoral lie and denigrates the memories of those that died in the Holocaust by comparing anything going on in US politics today with what those people suffered under.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies