Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Now to me the issue isn't the potential loss of a $99.00 radio. The issue is with the attitude of said criminal that its perfectly ok to take it in the first place. I know some feel that a human life is worth more than a stupid radio. I agree when it comes to humans who behave like civilized humans.
Then we have the predatores who walk upright. Unlike the rabid dog they behave like they have the ability to reason. To consider the consequences.
Instead they reason that whats mine is theirs and whats your is theirs including your daughters virtue.
Sorry I am fresh out of compassion for the thugs of this world. They deserve exactly what they get when caught.
It's the criminal that decided his life was only worth a $99 radio.

No one needs a radio, there is no justification whatsoever in stealing a radio.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 08:13 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,677,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gf1025 View Post
Yeah, because watching their dad kill someone infront of them will make them SUCH NORMAL non-traumatized, stable individuals!
Yeah and what if their flower-child father doesn't and the thug decides raping the kids is his next act? How would that be so much better?

If there is an intruder inside your home, and you've got kids in that home, you are no kind of parent if you would let that intruder do whatever he wished.

Someone who breaks into your home is a threat to your children and it is your duty to protect them.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:44 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,935,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yeah and what if their flower-child father doesn't and the thug decides raping the kids is his next act? How would that be so much better?

If there is an intruder inside your home, and you've got kids in that home, you are no kind of parent if you would let that intruder do whatever he wished.

Someone who breaks into your home is a threat to your children and it is your duty to protect them.
Exactly,

No sane person wakes up every day hoping to get in to a shooting match with an intruder. That's one of the last things anyone wants to deal with. However there comes a time when one must stand and protect themselves, their belongings and their family. It's your right (and if you are a man) your DUTY to fight like hell and try and get help ASAP!. If the perp dies or is injured, too bad. They broke in and brought it on themselves.

Anyone who tries to "empathize" and "reason" with an armed thug breaking into their home bent on robbing/raping/killing is a moron as is any bleeding heart that moons over a criminal that's killed in the course of a crime.

If someone is trying to rob or kill you what should you do? Invite him in for tea so you can discuss politics and their oppression? Call Obama? Give him a hug?

No!

You shoot him in the face!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:27 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Exactly,

No sane person wakes up every day hoping to get in to a shooting match with an intruder. That's one of the last things anyone wants to deal with. However there comes a time when one must stand and protect themselves, their belongings and their family. It's your right (and if you are a man) your DUTY to fight like hell and try and get help ASAP!. If the perp dies or is injured, too bad. They broke in and brought it on themselves.

Anyone who tries to "empathize" and "reason" with an armed thug breaking into their home bent on robbing/raping/killing is a moron as is any bleeding heart that moons over a criminal that's killed in the course of a crime.

If someone is trying to rob or kill you what should you do? Invite him in for tea so you can discuss politics and their oppression? Call Obama? Give him a hug?

No!

This pretty much sums it up to me. It's not the value of material items a perp is bent on stealing, and his motives are irrelevant as well. It's the fact that they have invaded the sanctity of another persons space with the intent of helping themselves by force or by being sneaky. If they get shot or beat to death in the process, oh well. These types of varmint are just that, a varmint. I have more regard for a chicken stealing coyote than I do for a human animal stealing to fund their drug habit , or whatever. At least the coyotes motives are honest and they don't pretend to not understand the risks involved.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:32 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dubyanumberone View Post
Exactly,

No!

We had a problem with cat burglars in our area, but I took care of that one myself, no need to involve the police...

Old 08-21-2009, 11:33 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
No longer do you have to allow the criminal to flee after he attacks or robs you! You can shoot him in the back and kill him dead on the spot!

Court OKs Force Against Retreating Attackers - News Story - WFTV Orlando (http://www.wftv.com/news/20463816/detail.html - broken link)

you cant do that in wisconsin if their is no threat and the person is running away your right to defend goes away. or you'll be in a prison suit

Old 08-21-2009, 11:34 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post

still you should have no right, and if the guy decides to return thats his problem if and when he gets caught. i can use that excuse you used on a number of things like what if those guys decide to return to the next town hall and let off rounds

Old 08-21-2009, 11:37 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,618,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb4browns View Post
We had a problem with cat burglars in our area, but I took care of that one myself, no need to involve the police...
LMAO, this felonious feline knows where he's going, and had the good sense to surrender peacefully.

Old 08-21-2009, 11:38 AM

2,783 posts, read 6,674,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
LMAO, this felonious feline knows where he's going, and had the good sense to surrender peacefully.
Yeah, but I unloaded a full clip in his a*s and strung him up as a warning to the other "prowlers" in my neighborhood. F*ck with the milk in my house and forfeit all nine of your lives!

Old 08-21-2009, 11:42 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,761,940 times
If you manage to stop the assault without shooting the thug you can make a citizen's arrest and hold him until the cops arrive. Shooting him out of sheer annoyance or a desire to control pests is discouraged by our legal system. So far anyway.

PS - If you have not killed a human I suggest you do not start unless absolutely necessary. He will keep showing up in your dreams for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies