Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 01:29 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,616,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
That's not the point being made, stay focused here. The point is that all the liberals were pumping their fists and cheering for this woman when she was protesting Bush, now they want her to go away becasue they are annoying their messiah.
*LOL* It's like endless irony hour on this forum. Go back and read the thread title at least. If you are going to chastise someone for somehow being off-topic, you should at least know what the OP was actually referencing--Gibson's actions, not "all the liberals." Consequently, according to your "logic," you are off-topic and need to stay focused here.

Last edited by helenejen; 08-21-2009 at 01:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 01:33 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
That's not the point being made, stay focused here. The point is that all the liberals were pumping their fists and cheering for this woman when she was protesting Bush, now they want her to go away becasue they are annoying their messiah.
What 'they' are you talking about. Charles Gibson does not represent me in any way, shape, or form.

I admire Mrs. Sheehan for her consistency and dedication and I thank God every day that I am not walking in her shoes.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:38 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,151,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
What 'they' are you talking about. Charles Gibson does not represent me in any way, shape, or form.

I admire Mrs. Sheehan for her consistency and dedication and I thank God every day that I am not walking in her shoes.
I have to wonder if recent news reports noting how the Left has suspiciously lost interest in the wars now led by Obama were the catalyst for her most recent protest plans.

I'm not as convinced as you are that she's being consistent. I think its more like covering her own ass or risk looking like the the rest of the Bush-haters, instead of the war-hater she professes to be.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:46 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,066,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
*LOL* It's like endless irony hour on this forum. Go back and read the thread title at least. If you are going to chastise someone for somehow being off-topic, you should at least know what the OP was actually referencing--Gibson's actions, not "all the liberals." Consequently, according to your "logic," you are off-topic and need to stay focused here.
Man you have a vivid imagination. I said nothing about being off topic, there was a direct coorelation being made, but you missed it I guess.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM

5,478 posts, read 12,256,990 times
At least she's consistent and protests war regardless of the administration. It's the press that's the problem, but you already knew that. Or didn't you?

Old 08-21-2009, 02:13 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,536,389 times
Quote:
Charlie Gibson = "all the liberals?"

What were you guys saying about truth?

Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,731,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I have to wonder if recent news reports noting how the Left has suspiciously lost interest in the wars now led by Obama were the catalyst for her most recent protest plans.

I'm not as convinced as you are that she's being consistent. I think its more like covering her own ass or risk looking like the the rest of the Bush-haters, instead of the war-hater she professes to be.
I'm not seeing any evidence that the 'left' has lost interest in the wars. Rachel Maddow regularly reports casualties and deaths 'in country' and continues to provide commentary and coverage on both conflicts.
Cindy Sheehan was on with Dylan Ratigan this morning.

And, I assure you, anyone with a family member actively serving is still very much aware of the wars, and yes, some of us are to the 'left.'

Historically, August and the President's vacation has been Mrs. Sheehan's 'window' for demonstrating.
As this is August, and the President will be on vacation as of Monday, when she will be in Mass., I'm sticking with consistency.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:18 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,066,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Charlie Gibson = "all the liberals?"

What were you guys saying about truth?
It's pretty indicitive that is what's going on since there isn't a damn peep about it from any liberal news organizations.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:21 PM

5,376 posts, read 5,352,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
In an appearance August 18 on WLS radio in Chicago, ABC News anchor Charles Gibson was asked about anti-war protester Cindy Sheehan's plans to travel to Martha's Vineyard next week, where she will protest the Iraq and Afghanistan wars while President Obama is vacationing there. Gibson, whose newscast and network featured Sheehan when she led anti-war protests outside President Bush's Texas ranch in 2005, answered, "Enough already." That's a remarkably different stance from the one Gibson took four years ago.

ABC's Charles Gibson to Cindy Sheehan: Thanks for your sacrifice. Now get lost. | Washington Examiner (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/ABCs-Charles-Gibson-to-Cindy-Sheehan-Thanks-for-your-sacrifice-Now-get-lost-53803917.html - broken link)

To put it simple: She ain't news in 2009. No bias needed.
There are better stories to cover. Sheehan might rank #4999.

Old 08-21-2009, 02:31 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,616,169 times
Quote:
Man you have a vivid imagination. I said nothing about being off topic, there was a direct coorelation being made, but you missed it I guess.
Well, others have already pointed out the problem with your perceived "direct coorelation," so I won't beat a dead horse.

But you are so right. "Stay focused" has nothing at all to do with an implication of being off-topic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies