Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 09:37 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
See, this is the problem.....it's all about you but it's not at all about me. I want health care for everyone. You want yours and screw the rest. I'm decent and want to do the right thing, you just care about you.
No. You are forgetting most of the conversation we just had. I would not give a starving man a loaf of bread if it was just about me and screw him. Do you remenber when I said that? I'm tired of trying to restate my position for you only to have you misrepresent it. You are resorting to debate tactics that border on cheating. I'm tired of going in circles with you. I'm done. Thanks for the debate.

- Reel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 09:39 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I will not let a man starve. I will give him a loaf of bread. I will not buy him a lobster or filet mignon.

My position is that you do not have a right to the money that I earn and you do not have a right to anything that I produce. Your arrogance and hubris are colossal!

- Reel

I agree.

Some believe it is a right to steal from us and give it to them.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Making claims that we have terrible health care simply isn't true.
Quote:
The World Health Organization (WHO) ranks the U.S. as 27th in the industrialized world for infant mortality. The average life expectancy, according to the WHO, in the U.S. is age 78, ranking 25th among industrialized nations. The average number of good health years is 69, also ranking 25th, and below Slovenia. According to the Institute of Medicine, 18,000 deaths in the U.S. are caused by lack of health insurance.
Alone in the industrialized world: The American healthcare system

Old 08-23-2009, 09:40 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
If everyone's taxes went up, hypothetically, wouldn't he/she be paying for their own health insurance as well?
Everyone in the pool, no one left out.
Everyone contributes.

I personally think we should have the public option and those who are enrolled on it will have the money either taken out of their check every month or it will be part of their income tax. You choose whether or not you want to be on the public option. You would have co-pays and deductibles just like you would get from a private health insurance company.
Hypothetically, if congress stuck to the intent of the constitution we wouldn't be having this debate. And yes, he/she/kit would be paying for their own insurance. No one left out would be correct. Public option #1.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:41 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
No. You are forgetting most of the conversation we just had. I would not give a starving man a loaf of bread if it was just about me and screw him. Do you remenber when I said that? I'm tired of trying to restate my position for you only to have you misrepresent it. You are resorting to debate tactics that border on cheating. I'm tired of going in circles with you. I'm done. Thanks for the debate.

- Reel
You will find that most left wingers are very good at this and it is not worth it to debate them.

They will never understand no matter what.

One track mind and hard headed with their love of a moron blinding them.

I am guessing most of them are already on government assistance and see even more handouts or they would not want this socialized health care with the government controlling it.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:42 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
The congressional buget office say that 15 million of those are offered heathcare by their employer and refuse and just as many can afford it but don't buy it.Its kind like people that don't have car inasuarnce.For those who can't afford it there is medcaid.People who have insurance and don't go to the doctor for checkups die more than those who do.IUts only proves waht even Obama was saying in the camp[aign that 15 million will not but insurance because they choice not to and its impossible to force them to ;most young people.They are the majority of those who are offered it or could afford it and yet don't.

Quote:
THE BETTER OFF About nine million uninsured people, according to census data, come from households with incomes of $75,000 or more. Critics say that is plenty of money for them to buy their own insurance. But many of these people live in “households†that are groups of low-wage roommates or extended families living together. Their combined incomes may reach $75,000, but they cannot pool their resources to buy an insurance policy to cover the whole group.
Quote:
YOUNG ADULTS Some 13 million young adults between the ages of 19 and 29 lack coverage. These are not, for the most part, healthy young professionals making a sensible decision to pay their own minimal medical bills rather than buy insurance that they are unlikely to need. The Kaiser foundation estimates that only 10 percent are college graduates, and only 5 percent have incomes above $60,000 a year, while half have family incomes below $16,000 a year. Many of these younger people would be helped by reform bills that would provide subsidized coverage for the poor and an exchange where individuals can buy cheaper insurance than is now available.
Source: http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/23/op...ewanted=1&_r=1

Old 08-23-2009, 09:43 AM

646 posts, read 1,639,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You will find that most left wingers are very good at this and it is not worth it to debate them.

They will never understand no matter what.

One track mind and hard headed with their love of a moron blinding them.

I am guessing most of them are already on government assistance and see even more handouts or they would not want this socialized health care with the government controlling it.

Tell me you will surrender your social security benefits and medicare health coverage and then we will take you seriously. Otherwise you are always welcome at World Net Daily.

Old 08-23-2009, 09:48 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Right.
Just the Comparative Effectiveness Panel.
Insurance companies have their own death panels. Why aren't you railing against them?

"Sorry ma'am, even though this treatment will save your life, this isn't a legitimate medical claim."

"We won't pay for this treatment, it's experimental. We realize it has helped 95% of the people it has been tried on but we still do not think this treatment is medically necessary."

Old 08-23-2009, 09:49 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Most of the people who are on here whining have not taken the time to read any of the bill and or could not understand it if they did.
Their is so much hidden government intervention in this bill that no person who has a brain would want it.
The only thing that you are guaranteed is the fact that you can work and pay for your own needs. It is called a job or two.

Work 16 hours a day it will never hurt you, most of us have done that in our lifetime and have earned our health care that way.
Since you have obviously read, and understand the bill, please list some things that show, "hidden government intervention in this bill that no person who has a brain would want it".

Old 08-23-2009, 09:53 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,899 times
Quote:

- Reel
I guess it's all perspective. A loaf of bread to a starving man is a big "screw him" from where I stand. It's the bare minimum to keep you from feeling guilty. Sustenance is what you said and that's exactly what all your posts have been. The bare minimum to keep your small conscience clear, not to help the other person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies