Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 12:09 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,910,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Conservatives use email "effectively" because that's the medium that suits them best. It's easy to lie and spread it quickly, and get the masses worked up and angry. Liberals don't respond to spam that way.

Radio works better for conservatives, too.
Well here's one Independent that refuses spam, and the only radio I ever enjoyed listening to was Art Bell and all of his hocus pocus buggaboo ..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 12:41 AM

1,179 posts, read 977,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Honestly...I lose respect for anyone who posts or circulates that spam.
Email spam is for morons who are too lazy to read. That's why you see these posts here that are clearly clip in paste. They never read, just repost.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:58 AM

31,767 posts, read 28,857,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
Why don't liberals do more of that? Why not let them scramble a little?
When anger, fear and hatred are fundamental to a mindset, emotional responses dictate while rationality takes back seat. Faith wins over reasoning. The best approach, and often the only one left, for those with the mindset is reflected in their actions, and how they go about various issues. They feel cornered, threatened and will avoid having a rational debate. Their only rescue is to unite ditto heads, and whatever it takes to do so.

This is evident in emails and media (especially talk shows). It simply is not a liberal thing.

Old 08-24-2009, 04:39 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,431,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Conservatives use email "effectively" because that's the medium that suits them best. It's easy to lie and spread it quickly, and get the masses worked up and angry. Liberals don't respond to spam that way.
There's that whole fact-check thing, too. People who receive and forward those emails don't fact-check anything. Frankly, it seems they don't even have working $hit-detectors in their brains. Liberals -- at least the ones I know -- have working $hit-detectors and know how to fact-check.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:16 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,078,128 times
You said "circulated" meaning your friends send them to you and others rather than you getting it directly from the source?

If you want liberal newsletters/e-mails directly from the source, sign up for them. I get mine from the conservative sites where I've asked for them. I pass them along to others if I think they are interested.

I also do news alerts to keep tabs on people or programs. Those include people I don't agree with.

Old 08-24-2009, 07:55 AM

26,639 posts, read 36,815,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
Email spam is for morons who are too lazy to read. That's why you see these posts here that are clearly clip in paste. They never read, just repost.
I do see the OPs point. But I doubt mass e-mailings would have the same effect on more educated recipients.

By the way, about these spam e-mails that are copied and pasted here...does anyone know why that's allowed? You'd think it would be a violation of copyright law.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:03 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,484,884 times
Why don't liberals use e-mail as effectively as the conservatives?

Liberals have this unusual need to tell the truth. The right's emails are effective because they can lie without answering follow-up questions. Just send spam from a non-returnable email account and be done with it. It's the Nigerian pyramid scheme model. If you send spam to enough people you'll eventually get some suckers to bite and spread it themselves face to face before the fraud is ever exposed. "Nigerians" and right wing spammers are in business because there are enough suckers willing to gulp up their bullshyt.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,568,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
There's that whole fact-check thing, too. People who receive and forward those emails don't fact-check anything. Frankly, it seems they don't even have working $hit-detectors in their brains. Liberals -- at least the ones I know -- have working $hit-detectors and know how to fact-check.
So they know when they are passing on BS?

Old 08-24-2009, 08:18 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,568,470 times
[quote=Tank1906;10424824]
Quote:
Why don't liberals use e-mail as effectively as the conservatives?

Liberals have this unusual need to tell the truth.

So when are they goi9ng to give in to this need?

Old 08-25-2009, 11:45 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,431,769 times
'And reality has a well-known liberal bias."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies