Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 11:58 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,708,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I'm still laughing at the absurdity of the President of the United States of America finding it necessary to publicly ponder the rantings of a private citizen (Palin) on her FACEBOOK page lol.

Which is it going to be Democraps? Is Palin influential and a force to be reckoned with (as the President seems to think), or is she a nobody private citizen like the rest of us? LOL

Wonder when Obama is going to comment on MY Facebook comments? LOL
Who said she isn't influential? What are you getting at? She ran for Vice President, one of the most powerful positions in the world. Of course she's influential and the defacto head of the Republican Party. God help us all.

Doesn't mean she's not a liar. She is a liar with a proven track record of ignoring morality. When one of the biggest ovices in the party is spreading lies, it is wise for the administration to interject the truth.

For those who have not turned off Hannity for 3 months: THERE WERE NEVER ANY PROPOSED DEATH PANELS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 12:02 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Palin lied. If you consider yourself a member of the values party, you should disown her or accept that you, in fact, hold no moral values.

She lied. She manipulated a small portion of the bill that had NOTHING to do with death panels to gain cheap political points from her base that is not known for its discernment between propaganda and fact.

She breeds hatred and division based on lies (which used to occur under oath) - are you defending this?
its posts like this that make me love sarah palin. i dont care how bright she is or isnt.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:02 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,749,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Palin lied. If you consider yourself a member of the values party, you should disown her or accept that you, in fact, hold no moral values.

She lied. She manipulated a small portion of the bill that had NOTHING to do with death panels to gain cheap political points from her base that is not known for its discernment between propaganda and fact.

She breeds hatred and division based on lies (which used to occur under oath) - are you defending this?
She did not lie. It is in the bill, I read it and the W.H has started to remove the language. In fact the Death Book was around during Bush II and he had it removed and Obama and the dems revived it. You refuse to acknowledge the truth.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:04 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
The OP was sarcasm, wasn't it?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
its posts like this that make me love sarah palin. i dont care how bright she is or isnt.
You love her because she lied? I don't get it.

She plays dirty politics. Has nothing to do with her ideology. She's morally unfit to lead a morally righteous nation.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
She did not lie. It is in the bill, I read it and the W.H has started to remove the language. In fact the Death Book was around during Bush II and he had it removed and Obama and the dems revived it. You refuse to acknowledge the truth.
Wrong. I read it myself and there was NOTHING about death panels. It was about providing counselling to people nearing death to determine the best path to proceed for themselves. FAR from Sarah Palin's lie. It's being removed because the far right's lies stuck and they don't want the whole massive legislation caught up on one line item. If you read anything different in the language, you were looking for something that wasn't there.

So, yes, Palin lied and she kept elderly people from planning for their deaths. Congratulations. A wonderful role model for our children.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:38 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,528,561 times
Quote:
Acknowledge the truth? Perhaps you can point us to the specific language? I'm guessing you can't, because before someone can acknowledge the truth, he first has to be able to tell truth from lie.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,970 times
Is "Death Book" related to Facebook in any way?

Old 08-24-2009, 01:15 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,915,884 times
Quote:
What exactly did you read? Can you supply a link? I can and did, so another Palin Stooge could read for herself the truth rather than Silly Sarah's twisted version of what is in the bill.

Try post #79, click on the link to the bill, and REALLY read it for yourself. I even supplied the page numbers and a brief synopsis of what you can read for yourself. Stop being a Palin Stooge and REALLY read it for yourself. As per usual, once the FACTS were posted, all conversation about 'Death Panels' ended in that thread.

//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...-panels-8.html

Old 08-24-2009, 01:20 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,594,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Palin didnt defeat Obama in anything. There was nothing for her to defeat him in. She came out and made some bull**** statement about something that never existed.

Obama did, however, defeat Palin in the thing that matters most and that is the 2008 Presidential Election.
He didnt run against her..he ran against McCain..when are you liberals going to get that right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies