Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2007, 10:38 AM

2,349 posts, read 10,653,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhouse2001 View Post
Where did you get those statistics, because everywhere I've seen and heard children are actually safer around gay people? I myself was molested by two men, neither of which were gay by the way.

But, let's go back to the subject which I guess is the rejection of same-sex dating at school events. Someone posted that because it's a private school, they can make the rules. I agree with that to some extent, but, there are countless situations where a private club/organization limits membership for what could only be described as discriminatory, prejudiced reasons: all-male clubs that excluded women, organizations that excluded Jews and blacks, etc.

Here we have a Catholic school practicing what I consider to be blatant discrimination and using its religion (and its exemption from state laws forbidding discrimination) to hide behind. Citigirl worries about the other students' exposure to two gay people at the prom. My opinion is that if those fellow 18-year old students can't handle the presence of two gay individuals, they need to stay in school for another year.

Tolerance of homosexuality isn't promotion of homosexuality, as much as social conservatives would like everyone else to believe. The world will not collapse and those other 18-year olds won't be corrupted if two gay people decide to enjoy the prom just like everyone else does. It's their right.
I was going to cut out my fav parts of your post but I believe I like it ALL! Good job, I could not have said it better!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 11:55 AM

3,049 posts, read 8,906,102 times
they did the right thing and finally stuck to their principles when alot of catholic institutions have been watering down their theology

Old 04-30-2007, 02:07 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

you are saying you are FOR hate speech?.

NO! She is saying that she is against the liberals of the new congress that are trying to regulate free speech on forums like this forum...by calling it hate speech that is not against any law...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:34 PM

""I myself was molested by two men, neither of which were gay by the way.""

Webster's New World Dictionary: homosexual, adj. of or having sexual desire for those of the same sex....molest, veb. (3) to assault or attact (a child) sexually...

I'm guessing this is what you were getting at...being this is what this thread is now talking about...

Old 04-30-2007, 02:36 PM

2,096 posts, read 1,468,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
NO! She is saying that she is against the liberals of the new congress that are trying to regulate free speech on forums like this forum...by calling it hate speech that is not against any law...
Thank you for your ability to read and comprehend! maybe I should have had more information in my post.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
""I myself was molested by two men, neither of which were gay by the way.""

Webster's New World Dictionary: homosexual, adj. of or having sexual desire for those of the same sex....molest, veb. (3) to assault or attact (a child) sexually...

I'm guessing this is what you were getting at...being this is what this thread is now talking about...
.....and there is an enormous amount of facts and information out there to validate that definition.

Old 04-30-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhelena View Post

you are saying you are FOR hate speech?.
This is the bill before congress right now..HR 1592

Old 04-30-2007, 03:21 PM

Quote:
This is the bill before congress right now..HR 1592

I cannot count the letters, emails, faxes and calls I have made opposing this bill. In fact, in between posting here I just wrote another email to Bush asking him to veto this bill.

Old 04-30-2007, 03:24 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,642,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citigirl View Post
With the new hate speech laws, I beg to differ. Liberals want to control parental rights, they want to control free speech (unless you agree with them), and the list could go on.
As do the born again Christians

Old 04-30-2007, 03:32 PM

In reference to why I am opposed to open homosexuality in the schools I will relay a very personal story. My grandchildren are "special needs" students. My daughter moved to Seattle, enrolled her children in school and waited for a meeting with the head of the special needs department. To her horror in walks a homosexual in full drag with he/she's eye teeth sharpened into points. This "peer" for my grandchildren was also assigned to be their restroom monitor!

My daughter who is liberal (God help her) said "there is not a chance something like you, that is so very clearly confused, is ever going to be near my children or be someone they look up to as an example". She called me up; I sent her $1500 to put them in home school until she can find an appropriate school.

My liberal daughter is finally seeing what I have been trying tell her for the past two years. “You have no idea what is going on in the schools now days.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies