Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are gays a threat to the public good?
Yes 36 12.16%
No 244 82.43%
Maybe 2 0.68%
Sometimes 12 4.05%
I don't know 2 0.68%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 08:09 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymberwulf View Post
You all fail to to see the threat because you have no concept of what the basic block of society is, the family. This is way America is failing, this is why such horrible things happen in our society. If you have never experienced what family life is like, or if you have decided for whatever reason to turn your back on your family of course you don't see the harm in gay people.

I have an uncle who is gay, and I watched him have a negative impact on my entire family for years and years, and once I was old enough to leave home and make my own choices, I turned my back to him and his sin.

Homosexuality destroys the family unit, and you can not refute that. Homosexuals do not have children, which means they will not create a family, which weakens our society. Adoption is not the same thing, and same sex "couples" should never be allowed to adopt anyway, a child should never be raised in a house of sin.

Again, I know all of you will claim otherwise and have oh so wonderful things to say about me and my beliefs, but that is because you have been blinded by the great deceiver, the great enemy of all mankind. I hope and pray that you will see the truth before it becomes too late for you all.
Hmmm....I have no concept of family?
Maybe it's those who turn THEIR back on their gay and lesbian family members.
Thankfully the majority of my family has decided NOT to turn their back on me and my other lesbian (I have yet to find a gay male in our family...) family members.
Families are supposed to love the members that make up a family unconditionally. You're supposed to be able to depend on your family and have them be your support when no one else is there.

I think more than anything your family had a negative impact on your uncle and not the other way around.

I still fail to see how homosexuality destroys the family unit. If anything intolerance towards gays and lesbian destroys the family unit.

So by your "logic", an infertile heterosexual couple destroy the family unit too? And so heterosexual couples who don't want children at all?

A child should never grow up feeling like no one loves him or her. This is how MANY kids in foster homes and in orphanages feel like every night because certain people in our country would rather see them go to be lonely every night than live and be loved in a home where they are raised by two people of the same sex who happen to love one another.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 08:10 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
I feel that you are a threat to mankind and if you love Moses so much then you should go back into the past through a time portal. Have fun living with no modern technology bwa ha ha

Quote:
I'm a Christian, I feel that gays are a threat. Oh, and your statements show that you are not Christian.

Color it anyway you want, it is still a sin and by allowing and based on your comments encouraging sin you are harming our society and as such harming the public good.

Go ahead and flame away, I much rather face your pitiful attempts to defend sin then live in it.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:11 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Thumbs up hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
DAM DAM DAM!!! i clicked the wrong option. it was supposed to be NO.

I do not beleive the gays are bad for the public good!
big oops!
it's okay - the NO's are winning!

Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,952,004 times
And divorce doesn't?? OMG I don't see you wetting your pants and turning red in the face pointing fingers at all the divorcees out there now do I? Remember it is totally against GOD to get divorced. It is a horrible sin.

Quote:

Homosexuality destroys the family unit,
and you can not refute that. Homosexuals do not have children, which means they will not create a family, which weakens our society. Adoption is not the same thing, and same sex "couples" should never be allowed to adopt anyway, a child should never be raised in a house of sin.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:13 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
A child should never grow up feeling like no one loves him or her. This is how MANY kids in foster homes and in orphanages feel like every night because certain people in our country would rather see them go to be lonely every night than live and be loved in a home where they are raised by two people of the same sex who happen to love one another.
Food for thought. It's a hard concept for me because of my "programming". It makes sense on a logical level.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
And divorce doesn't. OMG I don't see you wetting your pants and turning red in the face pointing fingers at all the divorcees out there now do I? Remember it is totally against GOD to get divorced. It is a horrible sin.
Good point.

I would think divorce, substance abuse, domestic violence, poverty, Republican social policies, etc do more to harm families than homosexuality but hey...whatever gets you through the day.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:48 PM

654 posts, read 466,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
should I laugh or no? I'm not really sure...
I thought it was a riot. Have you seen the original?

YouTube - NOM - Gathering Storm

Old 08-27-2009, 08:52 PM

243 posts, read 343,308 times
Awesome video to support the LGBT people against the evil NOM

Gay & Lesbian Civil Rights... Now. on Vimeo

Last edited by hummingbirdoc; 08-27-2009 at 09:15 PM..

Old 08-27-2009, 09:07 PM

26,214 posts, read 49,052,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I would think divorce, substance abuse, domestic violence, poverty, Republican social policies, etc do more to harm families than homosexuality but hey...whatever gets you through the day.
Those are serious issues, but anti-gay mouthpieces don't bother with them since the big money is made milking donations from gullible people by making all sorts of loony claims (Teletubbies are gay) and raising hugely bigoted unfounded fears that gay marriage will ruin hetero marriage, gays will be hanging around your kids classrooms, etc.

Gays are a threat to no one, except maybe themselves.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 PM

2,266 posts, read 2,294,766 times
No...

This organization is *far* more of a threat to the "public good"....and it's called:

THE NEW JERSEY CATHOLIC CHURCH
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies