Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 08:12 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
Quite right

What the heck does Bushie have to do with Ted "Kennedy"???
A fraud by any other name would still be......................

Old 08-29-2009, 08:13 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
I guess you can't read... figures, just further proves my point.
No problem. Carry on.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:17 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Of course you don't Lovey
Thurston was a staunch Episcopal-Republican and he wasnt a fraud, and he was always true to me. Of course our yardarm was always set ra-ther low.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:22 PM

67 posts, read 97,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Um, had he devoted his career to defending money and power and hurting the poor and middle class, he'd have been just another rich (R).
He did devote his career (and Congress should NEVER be a career; it was never meant to be) to defending his money and power. His entire family has been money mongering elitists for their entire lives. Have any of them EVER had to scrap and scrape for money? No. They were born with silver spoons in their mouths and took advantage of their situations at every opportunity.

I am sorry Senator Kennedy has passed, I truly am. I am sure that he was passionate about his cause, however misguided he was.

He is resting in his grave now, and I do hope that he does so in peace. However, it does not affect my opinion on how he conducted his life.

I will still wish him the best on the other side.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 PM

9,059 posts, read 12,972,786 times
Quote:
Thurston was a staunch Episcopal-Republican and he wasnt a fraud, and he was always true to me. Of course our yardarm was always set ra-ther low.
Wow, TH3 actually pulled out his registration card during the series?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest_Gump View Post
He did devote his career (and Congress should NEVER be a career; it was never meant to be) to defending his money and power. His entire family has been money mongering elitists for their entire lives. Have any of them EVER had to scrap and scrape for money? No. They were born with silver spoons in their mouths and took advantage of their situations at every opportunity.
Here's the rest of my post.
Quote:
There was a sense in his generation among some overprivileged people that altruistic service is a human duty -- see Sargent and Eunice Shriver and Bobby Kennedy, among the Kennedys -- I think that's what he was lumpily trying to continue.

See the difference?
What legislation did he sponsor that defended money and power at the expense of the poor and middle class?

Old 08-29-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyT View Post
He was an accomplished world-class drunk and adulterer.

Your description above sounds just like Bush who never accomplished anything on his own and who should have never been president. Well, except for his Manslaughter problem which his crooked daddy helped him make go away.
So you are comparing one world-class drunk to an idiot that couldn't pronounce "nuclear" correctly?

I agree that Bush never accomplished much (if anything) on his own. But Senator Kennedy (RIP) didn't accomplish much on his own either. He had the family name to help him along his way.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
The irony in the Ted "Kennedy" tale is that JFK actually swam towards his comrades to save them during the Vietnam war.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I struggle with Kennedy's obvious sins, but he did do a lot to redeem himself through his acts, relationships and courage to persevere.
Pray tell, what did he do wehotex? He had a LOT of obvious sins; leaving a drowning woman in his car was one of them. SO what were the "redeeming" things he did after that? Did he ever apologize for leaving Mary Jo in his car drowning? Did he ever repent of that sin? I don't recall that he ever did. Perhaps you can enlighten me.

Old 08-29-2009, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Wow, TH3 actually pulled out his registration card during the series?
Darling, couldnt you tell?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies