Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 04:24 AM

4,416 posts, read 9,142,623 times

Advertisements

Unbelieveable nonsense!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 04:53 AM

1,069 posts, read 3,199,657 times
Yes we do because it sure beats this baggy pants hip-hop nonsense going on these days. And what ever happened to America? they're on camera puffing away, getting a buzz, having a good time,,,,,,I'm suprised the police-state Nazis of today haven't identified all of em and brought charges against them 40 years later.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:09 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Perhaps we could have used more protests during the Bush/Cheney years.
I was out there, and was a bit surprised at how few young people were.
All of the outrage was on the internet, which only does so much good.

Woodstock was supposedly about feelin' the love, and these days our nation seems just as divided as it was in 1969.

We've become awfully consumerist, but maybe that's changing.

The younger generation does not need to emulate anyone.
They can look to the past but they need to take charge in their own way.

Old 08-30-2009, 05:29 AM

16,077 posts, read 28,565,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omaha Rocks View Post
No, we don't.

Honestly, what constructive or culturally positive things resulted from Woodstock? I know there was lots of cool music & stuff, but beyond that?

Anything?
The question was Woodstock generation, not Woodstock as in concert.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:45 AM

8,292 posts, read 26,684,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
The question was Woodstock generation, not Woodstock as in concert.
I'm fully aware of that. And the answer remains the same.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:58 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,769,842 times
If we could have another Woodstock generation without the LSD, heroin, violence and Charlie Manson, I would be all for it. I am all for revolution as long as it is not harmful to humans and other living things. But when you talk about destruction, you can count me out!

YouTube - revolution by the beatles lyrics

Old 08-30-2009, 07:03 AM

1,481 posts, read 3,948,082 times
Yeh we do, back then folks were kinder, more open minded and giving the dreams died as we aged and lost our sense of humor and of "rightness" I came of age back in 1969 and sure I missed making a diffrence to the world but I did make it to my kids and grandkids ..and as a boomer thats something to be proud of
I burned my bra, but it didnt stop the war, I did the die ins and was carted off to jail many times, I sang and danced with love& care for my fellow man and the politicans seemed to overshadow my efforts with thier "isms" and then I prayed and found that wasnt enough to save my generation as we aged and were silenced by many vested in power folks .. and as my voice grew softer I looked around to see who still sang and laughed with the richness of life and relized that we had failed because oiur children just didnt care ... they had been brainwashed by the "me-ness" of it all.......

Old 08-30-2009, 07:46 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
The title says it all.

Any thoughts?
I think one self absorbed, unproductive, utterly inconsequential and stoned out generation is enough thank you.

Old 08-30-2009, 07:59 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
If we could have another Woodstock generation without the LSD, heroin, violence and Charlie Manson, I would be all for it. I am all for revolution as long as it is not harmful to humans and other living things. But when you talk about destruction, you can count me out!

YouTube - revolution by the beatles lyrics
But politicians are not human and therefore I would not mind seeing them destruct themselves........before they destruct us all.

Most every American who is not a sucker and gullable is for a revolution. But we have no time to protest like we did in 69. We are too busy working 2 jobs just trying to pay the bills.....and failing. This corrupt, crooked, criminal govt has a foot on our necks and we cant even fight back. And the pigs enforce these human rights violations against us peasants. Pizz on them all.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:03 AM

10,447 posts, read 49,665,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
Yeh we do, back then folks were kinder, more open minded and giving the dreams died as we aged and lost our sense of humor and of "rightness" I came of age back in 1969 and sure I missed making a diffrence to the world but I did make it to my kids and grandkids ..and as a boomer thats something to be proud of
I burned my bra, but it didnt stop the war, I did the die ins and was carted off to jail many times, I sang and danced with love& care for my fellow man and the politicans seemed to overshadow my efforts with thier "isms" and then I prayed and found that wasnt enough to save my generation as we aged and were silenced by many vested in power folks .. and as my voice grew softer I looked around to see who still sang and laughed with the richness of life and relized that we had failed because oiur children just didnt care ... they had been brainwashed by the "me-ness" of it all.......
Just REPing you is not enough. I had to say this in the open forum that you described it perfectly. You did not just live it, you felt it and tried to keep it.

Great day to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies