Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 12:41 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,562,354 times

Advertisements

haha! if some big black cop told me to put something down I would in a heartbeat!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 12:47 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
The police officer doesn't deserve to be wearing a uniform if he is that confused as to what country he is in....

This is in fact the United States of America

Old 08-31-2009, 12:53 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,672,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
What was it a picture of?
at the beginning of the video there is a picture of the poster.

anyway, this has already been posted. and i hope the OP never accuses anyone else of "race baiting" because as far as i can see this had nothing to do with race.

Old 08-31-2009, 12:57 PM

oh and the yelly guy started in with "this used to be america". it's obvious that when the cop says "well it ain't no more" in response, he is dismissing the guy's over the top hysterics with sarcasm. you can hear it in his voice.

that being said, as i said in the other thread, unless there really is a law against displaying political signs on school property, the cop is in the wrong here.

if this becomes a national news story, i'm sure obama will say the same thing. but altercations like this with the cops happen all the time; the gates story was a big deal because gates is a famous person. i will be surprised if this becomes big news.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:00 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,515,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
oh and the yelly guy started in with "this used to be america". it's obvious that when the cop says "well it ain't no more" in response, he is dismissing the guy's over the top hysterics with sarcasm. you can hear it in his voice.

that being said, as i said in the other thread, unless there really is a law against displaying political signs on school property, the cop is in the wrong here.

if this becomes a national news story, i'm sure obama will say the same thing. but altercations like this with the cops happen all the time; the gates story was a big deal because gates is a famous person. i will be surprised if this becomes big news.

Police Officers are (or let's say should be) held to a MUCH higher standard than this. There is no room for sarcasm from the cop.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:02 PM

that's fair enough. but he's obviously not literally saying "there is no america anymore" as some posters are implying.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:04 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,859,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
that's fair enough. but he's obviously not literally saying "there is no america anymore" as some posters are implying.
What about his comment that he will charge the guy with whatever charge he wants? The cop doesn't make the law......
I see a lawsuit...........

Old 08-31-2009, 01:11 PM

937 posts, read 2,833,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tank1906 View Post
At least the 2nd thread on this. It's just a bonehead guy wanting to hang an offensive sign on school property that wasn't allowed and the cop WHO NEVER said anything about RACE got pissed and made the stupid "This aint America no more statement". That about sums it up.

THE OP IS CLEARLY RACE BAITING.
You're so clearly backwards. Did Sgt. Crowley ever mention race? You stick your nose up high for the black population, thats for damn sure.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:12 PM

like i said, he was out of line.

i'm repeating myself from the other thread, but i find it interesting that not one person on the right has said anything about the way he's shrieking at the cop. i have a feeling that if it was an anti-war protester in that situation (and many, many of them have been), people on the right would say he deserved to be arrested, tasered, beaten for acting so disrespectful to a cop.

it wouldn't have been right, but i wouldn't have been surprised if he was arrested. you just don't talk to a cop that way.

tell me, what did you think about the mass arrests at virtually every large protest in the last 5-10 years? what do you think about the arrests of people who were simply standing in the streets during a protest, let alone people who were simply protesting, or filming the police as the guy in this video is doing, only without the yelling? does that outrage you as much as this guy getting hassled?

another parallel from the other thread:

a harvard professor is approached by the police when he is doing nothing wrong. he becomes belligerent. he is arrested. the right says "yay!"

a town hall protester is approached by the police when he is doing nothing wrong. he becomes belligerent. nothing of any consequence really happens to him. the right says "boooo!"

again, the cop was in the wrong. he should be disciplined, and he should not be acting that way. but the hypocrisy here is staggering. granted, i saw it from the left in the other thread too, with people saying the protester should have been tasered, etc. he has a right to speak his mind and protest.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurtsBees View Post
You're so clearly backwards. Did Sgt. Crowley ever mention race? You stick your nose up high for the black population, thats for damn sure.
so it makes it ok to cry racism in an incident that doesn't have anything to do with race because you think professor gates did the same thing?

didn't your mom ever teach you that two wrongs don't make a right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies