Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:48 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
LOL, don't even bother. He hates muslims.....because Bush told him so.
That's not it at all, I'm not religious one bit, but I personally think Islam is a very violent religion. More so than any other in current times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,536,375 times
What???????? I grew up Southern Baptist and live in the Southeast where there are many. I have NEVER heard of Southern Baptists forcing their children to handle snakes. Some comments you just can't let slide!

Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
roflmao
laugh all you want, you can't defend it.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:50 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
"Kill for Peace" was the sarcastic cry of the anti-war protesters of the Viet Nam era.

Obviously my reference points predate you.
No ... but I am not familiar with that "song"?

Not sure what it proves either?

My point is that you can't just assume Islam worse than Christianity.

At this point in history, it's primarily Islamists who are yelling for war in the name of religion.

In previous times, it was Christians.

Both have forms of "terrorism" in their history.

But these terrorists consist of only a small fraction of extremists in both religions.

I'm sure the majority of people in each religion wants peace world-wide.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by siameseifyoupls View Post
What???????? I grew up Southern Baptist and live in the Southeast where there are many. I have NEVER heard of Southern Baptists forcing their children to handle snakes. Some comments you just can't let slide!
I know, these liberals will go to the end of the planet to try and justify their beliefs.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The point being that it is the dogma as preached by certain individuals that is corrupt. The weak minded will follow a more powerful person and be convinced to do just about anything.
Fox News Ratings "Crazy High" During Obama Administration

Old 09-02-2009, 12:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
laugh all you want, you can't defend it.
Still laughing. Allowing your child to die because you believe that prayer will cure all? That be manslaughter in the court of law or at the very least medical neglect.
Islam is not by design a violent religion. Like most religion it has been corrupted into something other than its design. If it were violent then why isn't Asia another middle east? You have 10 to 1 more muslims in Asia.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
Quote:
Yawn. Go to them thar hills in places like tennessee and kentucky the sticks of Georgia and florida.

Old 09-02-2009, 01:06 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,988,917 times
Quote:
How many times have you heard in the U.S. news about a parent who, because of their religion, refused to give their own children medicine or medical treatment ?

And what religion were these parents typically? Hmmm ....

Old 09-02-2009, 01:07 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,979,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Obama only forgot that in the Quran (Qoran/Koran) it clearly is stating that islam wants to be the religion of all people in the world and no other religions are acknowledged.
And Christianity says the same thing. What's your point? Islam is one of the major world religions. there is NOTHING WRONG WITH IT.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies