Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 06:04 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Most people at Guantanamo Bay are being released and being sent back to their own country because they were determined to be innocent and not really a threat to America. What a terrible situation. They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. I bet many of them were tortured.

Sure there are some bad actors there but America looks bad sweeping up so many innocent people and keeping them in prison long after they are determined to be innocent.

What do you think about this?
I think, since it's obvious that they are now going to cost the American taxpayer a bundle and we won't derive any benefit from capturing them, we should now shoot them where we find them.

I mean, really, you guys didn't see that as an outcome?

Take no prisoners. It's not like we're going to behead them and drag their entrails through the streets.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 06:33 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,139 times
Actually read some of the dissenting opinions regarding the SC decision.
More than one cite was given as to detainees released from gitmo who did return to the ME and then kill people,,
Several times that was mentioned by the justices......interesting.

Old 06-14-2008, 10:45 AM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Actually read some of the dissenting opinions regarding the SC decision.
More than one cite was given as to detainees released from gitmo who did return to the ME and then kill people,,
Several times that was mentioned by the justices......interesting.
If I were any one of them, I do exactly the same thing. What other recourse would I have to get back at the monsters who ruined my life? An arrogant monster that struts around claiming it's OK to ignore its own principles.

It certainly places people between a rock and a hard place. Lock you up, torture you, keep you detained for years...and then worry that if you're let go, you'll become a public hazard. Talk about creating terrorists!

Old 06-14-2008, 05:53 PM

12 posts, read 17,445 times
I have to wonder how many that post here are Muslims. I have even considered that this just might be a Muslim influenced forum. Apologists are beyond the pale. The same group of American haters that spit on soldiers coming back from Nam. I will be leaving soon because I feel I am among the few sane in an insane asylum. It is really that bad, the attitudes I read here. I fear all hope may be lost for this wonderful country. I am totally confused as to what social environment could have created these totally irrational attitudes. Is it poverty, I don't see that, as computers require personal resources, unless a government granted computer from behind a cell wall is in use. Is this a generational product of what our leftist educators have Wrought? Is thisou the product of an MSNBC, Ney York Times mind ****. God help us. We have become a third world country.

Old 06-14-2008, 07:11 PM

4,714 posts, read 13,315,952 times
I hope our Marines at Gitmo feed these prisoners well, get them in shape and prepare them to return to their home countries...a neighbors son is serving in Kabul and says that they have pretty well ran out of enemy to kill...

I hope Madame Pelosi will use her huge carbon spueing 747 to get these poor unforninates back home...perhaps her chef could prepare some tofu and gouda for them as they travel...

I hope that when they return home and get their weapons that all of them will pretty well be in a group...perhaps after chapel and giving their souls to the promise of 'Jihad...

It's also my hope that little 'Snoopy will be circling around and spray them with a little .50 cal dust from his gats...
We don't want to keep those virgins waiting....semper fi...

Old 06-15-2008, 05:53 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,286,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I think, since it's obvious that they are now going to cost the American taxpayer a bundle and we won't derive any benefit from capturing them, we should now shoot them where we find them.

I mean, really, you guys didn't see that as an outcome?

Take no prisoners. It's not like we're going to behead them and drag their entrails through the streets.
Like we did to Hussein's children?
Yes, yes, I know they committed great crimes, but we beheaded them and showed their heads.
And the US has the upper hand on morality? Not quite.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:59 AM

12 posts, read 17,445 times
Where did you dream up that nonsense. "We "beheaded Husseins Children" Do you have a mouse in your pocket or are you just trying to learn French? How the left loves to propogate and pepetuate lies. Oh, Did you see those charges going off in the twin towers as they fell? Geez, the apologists of the left. So much drama so little acting skill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies