Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2009, 09:42 AM

80 posts, read 277,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Very true, however there are books out there with worksheets on how to write business plans. It takes some effort, but it is something you can teach yourself. Also, no one starts with the right contacts, one just has to keep talking to people until you meet the right ones.

There is no guarentee, which is why you need to have more than one plan. I don't think it would ever come down to criminal activity or an unemployment extension. I was making $15/hr in high school waiting tables in restaurants...Sometimes it takes a year or two of doing crap work (washing dishes?) first, but I simply find it hard to believe it would come down to that.

School is not a passive thing. School is a time to network, apply for internships/externships, try to start companies on the side with friends. The job hunt doesn't start when you graduate, it starts the day you start school. I check job listings about twice a month as it is, just to make sure I am in a position to get a new one. I volunteer for additional training/stay after work (without pay) helping people just so I will look valuable to the next job. Every day is a test of your ability, and in Capitalism the most ambitious can count on employment all of the time. While I am by no means an expert, my system is working well. I got a promotion a few months ago (in the middle of a hiring freeze in the company) despite there being active layoffs in my department. I know anything is possible, but I am willing (and would gladly) work in wal-mart for minimum wage, or become a waiter again (I will move anywhere I need to) before going on unemployment.

I think there is always another option to try to find work. Sometimes it means finding a job that is 'below you' or working long hours for less pay, but the options are out there.
An excellent post with good points but the math still stands at 15,000,000 unemployed - 3,000,000 available jobs = 12,000,000 unemployed with no job to search for until more become available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2009, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong again, extension costs come income of the companies . You do understand that if you have a business that you take money out of your pocket to pay "extension costs", that your losing money dont you?

Pretend you know what your talking about because if company brings in $1,000,000 and spends $1,000,000 a year, company has zero net profit and generate no tax liabities. If a property brings in $50,000 a year, and the mortgage payment is $50,000 a year, there is ZERO profits and ZERO taxes owed. I live by borrowing against these properties because again, borrowed funds are NON TAXABLE.. But pretend you know what others do for a living..

I find it funny that you sit here and pretend I was against it because it "comes out of my pocket".. WRONG, Im dead set against it because its welfare and not the federal governments responsibility or obligation to perpetuate laziness and to pay for your incompetence to find a job or become responsible for your own income. I NEVER claimed it was because I would have to pay for it.
Did you or did you not post:

"Wrong, your asking for people to go out and beg for your continued support, beyond your prenegotiated 26 weeks. Hell, you got that already, it was extended to 52 weeks, now your asking for ANOTHER 26 weeks, where do you think the money comes from to pay individuals for a year and a half, if not from "me"?

I rest my case. Now go kick your dog, beat your wife or whatever else you do when you get forum owned. What kind of business owner rents a house for the exact mortgage payment? It's sad that all that money can't buy savvy.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:48 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ration View Post
While I wouldn't be able to ask for more money once a car claim is paid, the car insurance company would have to reimburse me the full value of the vehicle. So my questions to you in this case would be "what is the value of 15 years of employment?" and "did the insurance company pay the full value of the lost job?". My annual salary was well over 40k (40k x 15 years = 600k) but the unemployment payout was roughly 19k. Do you honestly feel the insurance company paid out full value for my loss?
If this is how you think this program works, you might wanna do some more research.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:52 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
An excellent post with good points but the math still stands at 15,000,000 unemployed - 3,000,000 available jobs = 12,000,000 unemployed with no job to search for until more become available.
Note to the rest of the posters: this poster very clearly thinks that the only way to survive is to rely on others, first for a job, and then for unemployment.. This is what our schools are teaching people, is this the best we can do?

Old 09-24-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Did you or did you not post:

"Wrong, your asking for people to go out and beg for your continued support, beyond your prenegotiated 26 weeks. Hell, you got that already, it was extended to 52 weeks, now your asking for ANOTHER 26 weeks, where do you think the money comes from to pay individuals for a year and a half, if not from "me"?

I rest my case. Now go kick your dog, beat your wife or whatever else you do when you get forum owned. It's sad that all that money can't buy savvy.
You must have missed the "me" in quotes because I dont pay income taxes, and I sure in the hell dont pay unemployment insurance. You actually have to have a job to do so.

Your an individual who admits to bringing in well over $40K a year for 15 years, and you did NOTHING in those 15 years to secure your own financial stability in the event you lost your job, did you? Thats over $600,000 you brought in, and GONE.. Kaput, NO INCOME, with nothing left to rely on other than governmental income.

Going to give people advice if your in this posters position.. pickup a book called "The Richest Man in Babylon", hell, you dont even need to buy the book, the audio version is around $10.00. Its completely sad that some people bring in this kind of money and in the end, they are broke with nothing to show for it other than waiting for a government check.

Last edited by pghquest; 09-24-2009 at 10:02 AM..

Old 09-24-2009, 09:57 AM

Quote:
I'm not the one online begging for support for continued welfare payments.
No you're just the guy trolling the forums looking for an argument and when he finds one, can't back up any of his statements with facts. You're just a sad sad man living a sad sad existence. Hopefully you don't have children.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
You must have missed the "me" in quotes because I dont pay income taxes, and I sure in the hell dont pay unemployment insurance. You actually have to have a job to do so.
Two words - RECTUM BURN!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:04 AM

Quote:

Your an individual who admits to bringing in well over $40K a year for 15 years, and you did NOTHING in those 15 years to secure your own financial stability in the event you lost your job, did you? Thats over $600,000 you brought in, and GONE.. Kaput, NO INCOME, with nothing left to rely on other than governmental income.

Going to give people advice if your in this posters position.. pickup a book called "The Richest Man in Babylon", hell, you dont even need to buy the book, the audio version is around $10.00. Its completely sad that some people bring in this kind of money and in the end, they are broke with nothing to show for it other than waiting for a government check.
Who said I was broke? Maybe I'm just pumping up my political activist home business lol. I would think twice before taking any advice from you because you have already admitted you own several businesses that have no income and you've borrowed everything you have. Guess how much debt I have...$0. Can you make the same claim? On that note, I wonder what kind of position you would currently be in if all those big banks didn't take 800 billion in government welfare at the onset of the recession.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:07 AM

Quote:
No you're just the guy trolling the forums looking for an argument and when he finds one, can't back up any of his statements with facts. You're just a sad sad man living a sad sad existence. Hopefully you don't have children.
Name one statement not backed up? I'd say I properly disputed just about everything you said, from claiming unemployment is insurance, to unemployment checks are "trickle down".. Ignorance at its best, you'll fit right in here with the rest of the liberals who all post about the benefits of "give me"...
Quote:
Two words - RECTUM BURN!
One word - WELFARE..
Quote:
Who said I was broke? Maybe I'm just pumping up my political activist home business lol.
I guess when you called buying a lawnmower "significant capital", it was meant to show how unbroke you are. Dont be embarassed for being broke, we've all been broke, 15 years ago I was homeless due to a house burning down, best thing that ever happened to me because it taught me that I'm responsible for myself, and that no one was going to come and "bail me out".

But $600,000 in income, and you have not used that money to buy other income? Seriously? On that type of money, you could have bought a property NNN Leased bringing in $50K a year, and have not needed to return to work for the rest of your life.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Name one statement not backed up? I'd say I properly disputed just about everything you said, from claiming unemployment is insurance, to unemployment checks are "trickle down".. Ignorance at its best, you'll fit right in here with the rest of the liberals who all post about the benefits of "give me"...

One word - WELFARE..

I guess when you called buying a lawnmower "significant capital", it was meant to show how unbroke you are. Dont be embarassed for being broke, we've all been broke, 15 years ago I was homeless due to a house burning down, best thing that ever happened to me because it taught me that I'm responsible for myself, and that no one was going to come and "bail me out".. But $600,000 in income, and you have not used that money to buy other income? Seriously? On that type of money, you could have bought a property NNN Leased bringing in $50K a year, and have not needed to return to work for the rest of your life.
If you had half a brain you would realize that the 600k wasn't a lump sum payment. I suppose you would have me purchase a home and rent it for the mortgage price so I wouldn't have to pay taxes like you. Why don't you just stop fooling yourself because anyone who bothers to read your posts knows you are full of crap. That's right I said it and so did at least one other person, plain and simple. Now I know you'll make another post to further prove me right so you go right ahead and continue to make a complete fool of yourself. As for me, I'm going to take a break because I have better things to do than sit here and have you prove my point post after idiotic post. Yes sir, you are an idiot. Go ahead and report me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies