Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2009, 08:49 PM

10,655 posts, read 18,675,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you have no clue what it's even about. 9-12 org. has nothing to do with doing anything on a given day, it is a set of principles that Americans showed on 9-12-01 that we should live everyday like. Not a single day, EVERY DAY! That being said, yes they are going to DC on that day because it happens to be a Saturday.
So why aren't they volunteering and helping their fellow Americans?

You'd think that since 9-12 is the name of their organization, they'd be practicing what they preach on 9-12 right???

Nah, they just used as an excuse to protest. They are even holding training events on how to master internet arguments on 9-11. Only $15! You see - THEY are an example of exploiting 9-11 for political gain. They are using their organization to hold protests to further their political agenda on 9-12... whereas here we have 9/11 families asking people to volunteer their time on 9-11 to whatever charity they choose.

But hey, prove me wrong. What has the 9-12 project done so far to promote helping your fellow man and coming together as we did after 9/11? They surely must have set up some kind of volunteer project, right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2009, 08:56 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,065,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post

You'd think that since 9-12 is the name of their organization, they'd be practicing what they preach on 9-12 right???

Nah, they just used as an excuse to protest. They are even holding training events on how to master internet arguments on 9-11. Only $15! You see - THEY are an example of exploiting 9-11 for political gain. They are using their organization to hold protests to further their political agenda on 9-12... whereas here we have 9/11 families asking people to volunteer their time on 9-11 to whatever charity they choose.

But hey, prove me wrong. What has the 9-12 project done so far to promote helping your fellow man and coming together as we did after 9/11? They surely must have set up some kind of volunteer project, right?
go to their website and look for yourself.

Old 09-08-2009, 08:59 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Quote:

I went to the site and see it is the teabagger site. They haven't done anything unifying in my neck of the woods. And those that I know personally don't volunteer for anything.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Quote:
I did, and all I can seem to find are links about tea parties and protests. Nothing at all about helping out other Americans, or volunteer work, or charities. A lot of anger towards politicians and talk of "race wars". How uniting!

Also, apparently to be a part of the 912 Project, I have to believe in God, and he has to be "the center of my life". That's not really uniting or bringing together Americans now, is it?

Oh and a drawing of a sign that says "UNITE OR DIE". Wonderful!

Old 09-08-2009, 09:06 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,411,795 times
Quote:

The subject of this thread is 9/11. The folks at the 9/12 project have shown respect for 9/11 so one has nothing to do with the other.

Last edited by momonkey; 09-08-2009 at 10:13 PM..

Old 09-08-2009, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Th subject of this thread is 9/11. The folks at the 9/12 project have shown respect for 9/11 so one has nothing to do with the other.
I'm not the one who brought it up, I'm responding to a question and statement posed about that organization vs. the National Day of Service. Apparently there are people who do, indeed think they have something to do with each other.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:09 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,226,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Th subject of this thread is 9/11. The folks at the 9/12 project have shown respect for 9/11 so one has nothing to do with the other.
"Respect" is not a word I would ever think about when it comes to the teabaggers.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIF View Post
"Respect" is not a word I would ever think about when it comes to the teabaggers.
Yup, "Respect" for 9/11 would be to not hold for-profit classes relating to your teaparty ON 9/11.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:16 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,447,832 times
Quote:

YouTube - Glenn Beck: "I hate 9/11 victims families for asking questions"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Beck

It took me about a year to start hating the 9/11 victims’ families. Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I rea. . . and you know I wanted to help ‘em and I was behind, and you know let’s give ‘em money, let’s get started and you know, all of this stuff, and I really didn’t – all the 3,000 victims’ families, I don’t hate all of them, I hate about probably about 10 of them. But when I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh, shut up!' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for ‘em.
That's an opportunist.

Old 09-08-2009, 09:34 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,221,567 times
Give it up, momonkey and gibbs. Newtoli, HIF, and Jill have demolished you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies