Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If you had the choice to take the Goverment Health Option, would you consider it?
Yes, if it was much cheaper and had similar coverage 6 20.69%
Yes, if it was a little cheaper and had similar coverage 8 27.59%
Yes, if it was much cheaper and had less coverage 1 3.45%
There's no way in Hell that I would consider a Government health plan 14 48.28%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2009, 11:46 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,228 times

Advertisements

If you love your private insurance company so much, then keep it!

No one is FORCING you to take the Goverment Option.

There are some in America who don't like to see their claims constantly denied for some obscure prior condition they dig up, or enjoy their high deductibles or their chaotic treatment options.

The health plan that covers the senators themselves is what I want.

Conservatives don't seem to know what a Gov health 'OPTION' is, let me explain,you have a CHOICE to TAKE IT or LEAVE IT!

Old 09-07-2009, 11:49 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
I think most conservatives, and most Americans, are in favor of reform.

As usual, conservatives are confused and misled about how healthcare reform works, and then they have their shepherds spreading fear and disinformation that makes them cry and say things like the woman in Arkansas at the townhall meeting ...."I want my America back!!".........

Old 09-07-2009, 11:50 AM

100 posts, read 305,988 times
Forcing me to pay for it is the problem. Your welcome to do whatever you want with your money and pool that together with the rest of the people that choose to go the public option, more power to you. Don't FORCE me into paying into it when I have no interest in it.

Old 09-07-2009, 11:51 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Why not start with the insurance companies and creating an environment where they compete for your business (thereby driving down cost and increasing coverage) instead of forcing your fellow taxpayer (ie, ME) to pay for health insurance TWICE - once in the form of higher taxes for ME and then again when I pay my private health insurance premium.

Why does "going government" have to be the only option?

Old 09-07-2009, 11:53 AM

3,153 posts, read 3,596,239 times
Keep your trojan horse..we are too smart to allow this to happen...

Old 09-07-2009, 11:59 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,815,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldvn View Post
Forcing me to pay for it is the problem. Your welcome to do whatever you want with your money and pool that together with the rest of the people that choose to go the public option, more power to you. Don't FORCE me into paying into it when I have no interest in it.
You are already being forced to pay trillions for two unecessary wars - do I hear you Conservatives crying about that?

Why, because you would rather spend the money to kill rather than heal? So typical of you 'right to death' hypocrites.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:01 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,404,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You are already being forced to pay trillions for two unecessary wars - do I hear you Conservatives crying about that?

Why, because you would rather spend the money to kill rather than heal? So typical of you 'right to death' hypocrites.
One has absolutely nothing to do with the other. And many of us didn't want to finance that, either.

Messed up spending in one place does not justify messed up spending somewhere else. If you were truly enlightened, you would realize that instead of name-calling to get your way.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,538,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Why not start with the insurance companies and creating an environment where they compete for your business (thereby driving down cost and increasing coverage) instead of forcing your fellow taxpayer (ie, ME) to pay for health insurance TWICE - once in the form of higher taxes for ME and then again when I pay my private health insurance premium.

Why does "going government" have to be the only option?

Do you seriously believe most Americans with healthcare have any other option than to take what their employer provides them? And for those who are stuck with only one choice, they are lucky: At least they HAVE coverage, if you are out of work or unemployed you dont HAVE any coverage.

You people cannot see the forest because the trees block your view.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 PM

11,579 posts, read 13,957,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post

My favorite retort.

You want it, let those who want such a program PAY FOR IT THEMSELVES.

Old 09-07-2009, 12:03 PM

124 posts, read 303,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caldvn View Post
but you force me to pay for you to go to the ER even you can't afford to pay your bill. right now it's my tax payers money spent on people like you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies