Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,388,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Lately I have seen more and more black people who don'y agree with Obama and I feel awful for them. Many Obama supporters blame every one who is against Obama's political views, to be a racist.

I don't care anymore to be called a racist since I know I'm not a racist and it says more about the people saying it...it shows they can't win with normal discussions but have to put a label on a person they disagree with..., but for black people now to be called racists aswell, seems to make their cause to fight racism in the previous years, look all done for nothing if the word is misused by stupid brainless people.
Sure you don't care anymore. It keeps you up at night because you are always on the wrong wide of the political argument as well as any argument about race relations. Typical conservative.

If you support a political party that is supported by the klan, you are a racist or you have more in common with racists than not. As it stands today, the conservative party (Republican) is synonymous with being racist. Sarah Palin is a racist and she has a huge following within the party. About being called a racist because you oppose Obama, you are not being called this because you oppose Obama. You are being called this because you support a party that is racist. Obvious that you have more in common those who are racist, which makes you pretty close to being one yourself.

It is also the case that if you are a Republican or you have racist tendencies, you haven't the slightest clue what black people think. You don't have any more insights into what black people think or feel than Yosemite Sam. In fact, Republicans don't have a clue about understanding any culture or race that is different. A clear example of this is not only the opposition to affirmative action because they naively believe that blacks are no longer negatively impacted by racism, but by that ridiculous attack on Afghanistan and Iraq. To think that we can change an ideology of an entire people by a "shock and awe" display of military might is beyond lunacy. It showed a clear lack of understanding by Republicans of those proud people and their beliefs. So short-sighted. So when a conservative claims to know black people who oppose Obama, I don't believe or respect that.

Obama is doing an exceptional job...and don't you forget that either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 06:41 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,083,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens2QueenCity View Post
Don't really care about illegitimacy rates especially with a divorce rate of over 50% in this country.The other two statistics are shameful and should be addressed but Republicans don't want to have that talk. There is a cause and effect rationale that most want to steer clear of, for instance that White Men have had a clear 400 year advantage in creating wealth for themselves?There have been MANY obstacles for blacks in this country's history to succeed and socioeconomic conditions are more than likely the anchor for many of the problems with education being key to turning things around. Most Progressive's ideas(better schools,higher wages,affordable health care, affordable higher ed./vocational training, affordable housing) and looking for policy changes w/in gov't sounds more attractive then NeoCon ideas of work till you drop,then work some more, if you THINK about a resting you're lazy bum, never complain be happy you have a job, you don't need a union to look out for your best interest the company will, don't ever look to the gov't for a dime of assistance....

One thing I find puzzling is you harp on people like Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton but want blacks to listen to Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck?Are you serious? They are just as divisive as the aforementioned.Get some real Conservative minds and then state your position.
An illegitimate child is the offspring of unmarried people, so divorce rates have nothing to do with that factoring.

Old 09-12-2009, 06:46 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,600,753 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
If we disagree with Obama we are called racists...what are black people called who disagree with Obama?
What?

lol...

Old 09-12-2009, 06:55 PM

247 posts, read 380,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
So when a conservative claims to know black people who oppose Obama, I don't believe or respect that.
hmmm ... really. My Mother is 71 and she's half Black. She's a conservative and she opposes Obama heavily. In her opinion, he lacks the necessary experience that a person needs to be able to run the country.

So, that kind of shoots your theory, doesn't it?

Old 09-12-2009, 07:09 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,023,210 times
Quote:
Sure you don't care anymore. It keeps you up at night because you are always on the wrong wide of the political argument as well as any argument about race relations. Typical conservative.

If you support a political party that is supported by the klan, you are a racist or you have more in common with racists than not. As it stands today, the conservative party (Republican) is synonymous with being racist. Sarah Palin is a racist and she has a huge following within the party. About being called a racist because you oppose Obama, you are not being called this because you oppose Obama. You are being called this because you support a party that is racist. Obvious that you have more in common those who are racist, which makes you pretty close to being one yourself.

It is also the case that if you are a Republican or you have racist tendencies, you haven't the slightest clue what black people think. You don't have any more insights into what black people think or feel than Yosemite Sam. In fact, Republicans don't have a clue about understanding any culture or race that is different. A clear example of this is not only the opposition to affirmative action because they naively believe that blacks are no longer negatively impacted by racism, but by that ridiculous attack on Afghanistan and Iraq. To think that we can change an ideology of an entire people by a "shock and awe" display of military might is beyond lunacy. It showed a clear lack of understanding by Republicans of those proud people and their beliefs. So short-sighted. So when a conservative claims to know black people who oppose Obama, I don't believe or respect that.

Honey, I personally know several blacks (as well as other minorities) who identify as republican conservatives so does that mean that they don't have have a clue as to what black folks think? Do you realize how absurd your post really is and how much you lack understanding of diverse viewpoints? Not all conservatives are white or are they all racists so you cannot paint all conservatives with a wide brush. It actually may do you some good to get out and interact more with those who have divergent viewpoints from your own. You might learn a thing or two.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,425,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endzone View Post
The dems and the liberal media are going to call people racist who disagree with their liberal agenda. Of course we all know that whites aren't racist against blacks--about 99% of us anyway. This has become a tool that the liberal dems use to make sure that blacks remain on their white liberal plantation. In other words, the dems insist on a lock on the black vote because they can't win elections without it. They desperately want to keep racism alive. It's time for people in conservative white media to stand up and say enough of these idiotic racism charges. Enough of clowns like Rev. JJ, big AL and a host of other white libs in the media too many to name. Racism is an industry and a political tool. But look what happened to Glen Beck when he brought charges of racism against Obama. All hell broke lose in the media and sponsers jumped ship. This is the one subject that even white conservative radio host are afraid to touch for fear of losing their jobs. What needs to be talked about is how the black slaves on the white liberal planation are now enjoying a 70% illegetimacy rate, 50% high school drop out rate, and a crime rate that 8.3 times higher than white crime. We need to have honest discussions about all of this, but somehow the country is in a state of paranoia when talking about negative things in the black community.
I am black, and I agree with you 100%. What needs to be done is to break this slavery mentality that some of my people have. They won't ever achieve the American Dream as long as they think that getting an education is being white, that living in the burbs are for uppity and stuck up blacks who want to be white, and by thinking that sports and entertainment are their only hope out of the ghetto. Thank God that I had a family with a very strong work ethic, who taught me that working your butt off pays off in the long run and that my black booty can achieve anything I want if I work hard enough and keep my faith in tact.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 AM

@antredd rep to ya!

My Grandmother on my Mother's side is Black. She told me as a young boy "Child, if you want anything in this world you have to work for it. Nobody owe's you nothing. You came into this world with nothing and you will leave it with nothing. Everything between now and then, you must WORK to earn."

She was the wisest woman I've ever known in my life, and she was 100% correct! Nobody owed me anything. Everything I have, I have earned by WORKING for it!

Last edited by Eddie Ho; 09-13-2009 at 08:42 AM..

Old 09-14-2009, 09:50 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Ho View Post
hmmm ... really. My Mother is 71 and she's half Black. She's a conservative and she opposes Obama heavily. In her opinion, he lacks the necessary experience that a person needs to be able to run the country.

So, that kind of shoots your theory, doesn't it?
I think by "conservative" they meant a "white person". My brother voted for McCain. There's a black guy who doesn't like Obama because he doesn't like his stance on military.

It's funny - first they saw ALL black people are voting for Obama simply because he's black then when you say "well I actually know a couple of black people who don't like Obama" they neither believe it or respect it.

Old 09-14-2009, 10:00 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:

I never read such a dumb post!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I think by "conservative" they meant a "white person". My brother voted for McCain. There's a black guy who doesn't like Obama because he doesn't like his stance on military.

It's funny - first they saw ALL black people are voting for Obama simply because he's black then when you say "well I actually know a couple of black people who don't like Obama" they neither believe it or respect it.
Well the person saying they didn't believe it or respect it, is black. I just pointed out the err in the logic. I know plenty of people who are either all black, or part black (like my Mother, myself, 3 sisters and 4 brothers) that didn't vote for Obama. Don't get me wrong, none of us voted for McCain either. We all voted 3rd party this time.

McCain lost my support when he decided to take that bimbo Palin for his running mate. Had he have chosen Romney instead, we all probably would have voted for him but I honestly can't say which would have been worse -- McCain or Obama. IMO, it's a tie.

Give me some new blood for 2012 please!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies