Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:09 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
From Wikipedia:

"""Within hours of the speech, Wilson's Democratic opponent Rob Miller, a Marine Corps veteran, had a fundraising windfall. Over $50,000 poured into Miller's campaign coffers in a matter of hours""""

Shame, what a waste of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:17 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Well you're Navy, he's a Marine, Wilson is a *******..

Old 09-10-2009, 06:18 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,880,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
I think it's just further proof of how the real majority of Americans feel, they are tired of the childlike tactics of the GOP.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:20 AM

9,855 posts, read 10,424,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
I think it's just further proof of how the real majority of Americans feel, they are tired of the childlike tactics of the GOP.
That is the funniest thing I have read so far today.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:25 AM

24,446 posts, read 23,110,611 times
The guy acted on a level with Pelosi, Reid, Van Jones, Biden,Franken, Waters, etc. Yeah he acted like a goof but if so many more prominent democrats act like clowns and buffoons, how can they be outraged? There is no longer any professionalism in government.
It was funny though that he called Obama a liar at the one point where he wasn't twisting or doing gymnastics with the truth.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:27 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,236,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2MDdude View Post
Section 246 of HR 3200 prohibits federal payments for undocumented aliens:
So how do Federal Funds get funneled to Emergency Rooms who provide care for the undocumented aliens?

Will that stop under the New Bill?

Old 09-10-2009, 06:29 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,209,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i woulve been embarrassed tonight if i was a repub and those were the people i side with. mccain is right, makes the gop look like idiots.

whats with these south carolina republicans.
Exactly; this is truly an embarrassment to our whole country. Some people are truly going off the deep-end with their behavior which is truly disrespectful, combative, and just plain embarrasing.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:31 AM

136 posts, read 107,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
You can sign up, but you can't get credits for it, that makes no sense at all.

Thats like saying "You can go to the car lot and apply for a loan, but if your credits bad, you still won't get the car" right.

They can sign up all day long, but if they can't prove they are here legally, they won't get treated under HR3200.

Text of H.R.3200 as Introduced in House: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

I suggest you read the bill, it takes a while, but I've read the whole thing myself.
Thank you for the link and for arguing with facts instead of hyperbole. My only problem is how are they going to enforce this. The bill says...

Quote:
Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.
But, it offers no procedure on how this will be enforced. Already, many illegal aliens are employed through fraudulent means. If this bill would provide some sort of palpable process on how to prevent this I would feel much better.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:33 AM

9,525 posts, read 9,850,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Well you're Navy, he's a Marine, Wilson is a *******..
Wilson let emotion get a hold of him, and it may not have been proper decorum for a "civilized" country like the United States.

But for you to say he is not fit to be a congressman and that a Marine Vet who is backed by a democratic "grassroots" (as opposed to "astroturf") organization "ActBlue" should take his place, is just a knee jerk reaction.

I live in SC....I don't know much about Joe Wilson. I know he's been taking to the shed outback and had the crap beat out of him last night by other members of Congress including Sen. Lindsey Graham.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,173,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botique View Post
Thank you for the link and for arguing with facts instead of hyperbole. My only problem is how are they going to enforce this. The bill says...

But, it offers no procedure on how this will be enforced. Already, many illegal aliens are employed through fraudulent means. If this bill would provide some sort of palpable process on how to prevent this I would feel much better.
Tell ya what....let's just forget all that unnecessary "Health Care" Insurance" reform crap.

I mean, if one little thing is not directly funneled to us directly , if one little thing MIGHT go to anyone else ...let's can the whole idea.

Let's continue in our servitude to the death panels of insurance companies who now decide who lives and who dies.....and let's wallow in the joy of knowing that NOTHING will stop the rising costs of health care and health care insurance premiums. Let's overlook the FACT that most bankruptcy is caused by medical bills. Let's overlook the FACT that bankruptcy causes people to lose their homes and let's not see how this affects the rest of the economy.... it's not important especially if money goes to illegals...it just isn't worth it then...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies