Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 06:38 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna7 View Post
Exactly; this is truly an embarrassment to our whole country. Some people are truly going off the deep-end with their behavior which is truly disrespectful, combative, and just plain embarrasing.
I don't see how it is an embarrassment for someone to speak their mind. That's the problem with this administration, again trying to take away the rights of people to have free speech.

The left is so into "we should be like the rest of the world" crap. The British Parliament acts like this all the time. Guess we like their healthcare plan, but to the heck how they treat their Prime Minister!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 06:39 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USNRET04 View Post
Wilson let emotion get a hold of him, and it may not have been proper decorum for a "civilized" country like the United States.

But for you to say he is not fit to be a congressman and that a Marine Vet who is backed by a democratic "grassroots" (as opposed to "astroturf") organization "ActBlue" should take his place, is just a knee jerk reaction.

I live in SC....I don't know much about Joe Wilson. I know he's been taking to the shed outback and had the crap beat out of him last night by other members of Congress including Sen. Lindsey Graham.
"""I know he's been taking to the shed outback and had the crap beat out of him last night by other members of Congress including Sen. Lindsey Graham"""

LOL! Lovely thought!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:43 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
They can sign up all day long, but if they can't prove they are here legally, they won't get treated under HR3200.
Again, I ask. If some "amnesty" bill for the illegals is passed at some time in the future, will that not make them eligible at that time?......

Old 09-10-2009, 06:44 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
i woulve been embarrassed tonight if i was a repub and those were the people i side with. mccain is right, makes the gop look like idiots.

whats with these south carolina republicans.
The Democrats never disrupted Bush's State of the Union.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:45 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,950,814 times
Quote:
I think it's just further proof of how the real majority of Americans feel
The "real majority"? Only $50,000?

Reid Calls Bush a 'Loser' - washingtonpost.com
Transcript for Dec. 5 - Meet the Press- msnbc.com

Quote:
You said, "President Bush is a liar. He betrayed Nevada and he betrayed the country."

Is that rhetoric appropriate?

SEN. REID: I don't know if that rhetoric is appropriate. That's how I feel, and that's how I felt.

Old 09-10-2009, 06:49 AM

Another thread All About Bush....the repugs didn't want him mentioned BEFORE......

What happened???

He's all over the place NOW......

Bush, the grunting terrorist pig who did NOTHING for Health care reform....thanks for reminding me!!

Old 09-10-2009, 06:55 AM

3,770 posts, read 4,982,713 times
Default Yes sir!

“No president has ever been treated like that. Ever,” Rahm Emanuel.

“I think we ought to treat the president with respect,” said Senator Mitch McConnell of Kentucky (Republican).

R E S P E C T.

I didn't hear that from any Repubs recently. I Think John Mccain was the last one.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 AM

877 posts, read 2,768,591 times
You know if this illegal immigration thing is such a big deal for this guy, since he made an unprecedented outburst and disrepected the POTUS along with disrespecting the democratic process and the people of the USA, he should talk to whomever is in his party that is on one of the 5 committees that are crafting the bill and demand that they insert language in there to prevent illegals from obtaining any benefit from the bill. That is what I would believe he was voted in for instead of making childish outbursts.

As far as I know, illegals would retain the same availability of health coverage that they already have. To be honest, all of this talk about illegals not getting health care in America is a ripe prescription for an even worse health crisis in America. I prefer for anyone who is sick to be able to be treated so that they do not pass whatever they have on to others.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

37,212 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
If you don't know the difference between speaking your mind on a news program and shouting comments from the floor of Congress during a presidential address to the country you are obviously GOP material.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drkman View Post
You know if this illegal immigration thing is such a big deal for this guy, since he made an unprecedented outburst and disrepected the POTUS along with disrespecting the democratic process and the people of the USA, he should talk to whomever is in his party that is on one of the 5 committees that are crafting the bill and demand that they insert language in there to prevent illegals from obtaining any benefit from the bill. That is what I would believe he was voted in for instead of making childish outbursts.

As far as I know, illegals would retain the same availability of health coverage that they already have. To be honest, all of this talk about illegals not getting health care in America is a ripe prescription for an even worse health crisis in America. I prefer for anyone who is sick to be able to be treated so that they do not pass whatever they have on to others.
You don't understand repubs, they do NOT want those with communicable diseases to stop spreading them around.

They do NOT want affordable comprehensive health care IF anyone but them reaps the benefits....ya, it stupid but that's what America is up against.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies