Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2009, 07:58 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

So stop the damn whining libs, your party is GUILTY of the same thing only far worse.

Details, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 08:08 AM

1,417 posts, read 2,181,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I support Wilson calling a liar a liar 100%! hussein obama should not have used his pulpit to call others liars when he was the one lying. More then half of America knows this bum is a liar.
...just a tip...the credibility factor goes way down when you try to make a point by calling the president "Hussein". The only point it makes is that you have not thought very clearly on this.
We have many people in power with German heritage names...it does not make them Hitler. Get it?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:12 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Details, please.

Its called google and youtube.

Many demwits did various things during Bush's speeches.

From Pelosi rolling her eyes to Shumer reading a book, from Reid falling asleep to the entire demwit clan disrespecting America during the 9-11 aftermath speech Bush gave.

The demwits created the disrespect thing and now they are going to have to live with it.

The sleeping giant is the patriots who are finally taking a stand and speaking up.

Wilson is now a hero for calling Obama out on this, respectful or not it is about time someone stood tall against a rabid liar named Obama.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:14 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,153,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
I support Wilson calling a liar a liar 100%! hussein obama should not have used his pulpit to call others liars when he was the one lying. More then half of America knows this bum is a liar.
The word is "THAN" NOT "then"!....you should've listened to Obama and stayed in school.

Now, as to your statement...please show proof that "half of America knows"....provide proof.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:15 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Its called google and youtube.

Links? You made the allegation, you back it up. That's the way it works...prove them guilty.

Rolling your eyes is rude, but it is not as bad as shoulting "LIAR!" during a presidential speech.

Was Schumer reading a book, or was he reading something having to do with Bush's speech, such as the written version of the speech itself, or a piece of legislation?

Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Obama did lie. Obama's exact quote to which Joe Wilson responded, "You lie!": "The reforms I'm proposing would not apply to those who are here illegally."

YouTube - Rep. Joe Wilson shouted "You lie!"

The Congressional Research Service says: "...unauthorized aliens who qualify as resident aliens (i.e., meet the substantial presence test), would be required under H.R. 3200 to have health insurance."
http://media.sfexaminer.com/documents/noncitizens.pdf

Obama did lie, unless he has written a completely different bill. Furthermore, What Joe Wilson has just done is back Obama into a documented corner. There's no way any health care reform plan can insure illegal immigrants now. That video clip of Obama's response, and Pelosi's and Biden's reactions are going to bite them in the butt when it turns out that illegal immigrants actually are covered.
Thank you for posting this.

It's truly mind-boggling the number of people that hang on Obama's every word, as if it's gospel. Free-thinking is obviously not an abundant trait in the liberal camp.

The President of the United States of America stood there and lied to the American people regarding health insurance for illegal immigrants. Parsing words and conveniently leaving out technicalities that spell out the truth constitute a full-blown lie.

Unbelievable. I gave him the benefit of the doubt. Now, I firmly believe that Barrack Obama is a liar. The "residency test" in the above-mentioned document is irrefutable proof. I challenge anyone to defy this.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-10-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 08:16 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Regarding the 'death panels', nobody is saying that they will sit around thinking of ways to kill people. That phrase was just used to grab attention. What people are saying is that there will be rationing and there will be waits and there will be deaths as a result.

Having said that, Obama says in his speech that the people who are saying this, including Sarah Palin, are liars. My question is why is this ok for Obama but it is not ok for Joe Wilson?

- Reel

Old 09-10-2009, 08:20 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Regarding the 'death panels', nobody is saying that they will sit around thinking of ways to kill people. That phrase was just used to grab attention. What people are saying is that there will be rationing and there will be waits and there will be deaths as a result.

Having said that, Obama says in his speech that the people who are saying this, including Sarah Palin, are liars. My question is why is this ok for Obama but it is not ok for Joe Wilson?

- Reel
Because these other people, e.g. Sarah Palin, et al, are not telling the truth.

Old 09-10-2009, 08:23 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Politico View Post
Now, instead of providing a link to the CRS's interpretation of the bill, how about providing tangible evidence of your claim? For instance, please provide the exact verbage from the bill that would grant coverage to illegal aliens. Go ahead, we'll all wait...(but we won't hold our breath)...

Here, I'll help:

Read the specific text of the bill, instead of reading someone else's interpretation.

Text of H.R.3200 as Introduced in House: America's Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009 - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

HR 3200, SUBTITLE C, SECTION 246:

“Nothing in this subtitle shall allow Federal payments for affordability credits on behalf of individuals who are not lawfully present in the United States.”

InformedConsent, you need to learn to read and comprehend things for yourself, and to stop listening to the fear-mongers and morons. Going through life taking everyone else's word for everything is no way to live. Sometimes in life, you're wrong, no matter how much you want to be right. Get a clue.
Why is that so many folks are gullible. Sure, you can point to this language, and hang your hat on it if you like. But, there is no PROOF OF RESIDENCY REQUIRED. Can you rebut this? No you cannot, because no language exists in the bill to require a person to prove that it meets residency requirements. I hate to use the word stupid, but sometimes you just have to cut the crap and call people out when they simply don't comprehend the real truth.

But if you continue to insist on the idiocy, please, by all means, tell us how you propose the government will keep illegals from obtaining health insurance if they don't have to prove they meet residency requirements?

We'll be waiting on YOU to "get a clue" and inform of us of this profound claim of yours.

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 09-10-2009 at 08:36 AM..

Old 09-10-2009, 08:28 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Because these other people, e.g. Sarah Palin, et al, are not telling the truth.
1. Yes they are. There WILL be rationing and there WILL be waits and there WILL be deaths as a result. Instead of telling me "... are not telling the truth", why don't you tell me what they said that is incorrect? A little harder to do, huh?

2. At best Obama says things designed to intentionally mislead. As far as I'm concerned that is a lie.

- Reel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies