Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 07:03 AM

1,995 posts, read 3,377,628 times

Advertisements

I think the President hit the nail on the head when he talked about the character of this country. How can we expect our children to be respectful productive citizens when members of our own Congress act so disrespectfully? If Joe Wilson doesn't respect the President he should at least respect the office of the Presidency. It is so sad to see how people are opposing providing health care to uninsured citizens just because the leader of our country is a Democrat. What happened to the values of our country? We have a responsibility to help those less fortunate than ourselves and we have to fix our terrible deficit (something that can't be done without health care reform). The people who need help the most with health care are the "working poor". These are people who have worked hard but can't afford the high cost of health care premiums. Why can't the Republican members of Congress work with Democrats to help this country instead of spending all their time spreading hate and lies instead of having an honest debate on issues?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2009, 07:07 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,584,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post
Joe Wilson did not lie when he stated Obama was lying about his health care program not covering illegal immigrants.

Joe Wilson, huh?

I say Biden should out his CIA wife. That's what VPs are for.

Cheney, Libby, Joe Wilson, Valerie Plame...

Most Republicans want to forget that whole fiasco. And then along comes another Joe Wilson to pick at the scab.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:11 AM

4,507 posts, read 9,064,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thechappells View Post
acting a fool doesn't make it right. joe wilson needs to remember he's in a public office and displaying such poor behavior isn't how his constituents would want to be represented. he should've kept his remarks to himself until after the address.
Perhaps the president should remember the same thing and not trot out and LIE to the American people. Since there is no check of citizenship in this health care bill how will illegals be prevented from signing up?!?! Wanna bet they print all the forms in Spanish as well as in English? Wanna bet we have to have Spanish speaking workers in the government health care offices? Democrats in commitee have blocked any attempt by republicans to insert a verification process into the bill. You can say 'No illegals' but if they are not checking and just letting everyone in the door there WILL BE ILLEGALS GETTING ON THE PROGRAM!!!

It is the president who should be ashamed and apologize for the lies and distortions he is peddling.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,331,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

So what is wrong with calling Obama a liar, afterall it is the truth and the truth hurts.
Exactly. Here we have a president who really lied about illegal immigrants not being eligible for healthcare, someone calls him on it, and all you liberal hypocrites have your knickers in an uproar.

And where were all these crybabies when Bush was being denounced as a liar?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Perhaps the president should remember the same thing and not trot out and LIE to the American people.
Please point out the lie. The legislation specifically outlaws payments to illegals.

Birthers. Death panels. Secret muslim terrorist sympathizer.

You conservos are so sensitive about being truthful.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandhillian View Post
I think the President hit the nail on the head when he talked about the character of this country. How can we expect our children to be respectful productive citizens when members of our own Congress act so disrespectfully? If Joe Wilson doesn't respect the President he should at least respect the office of the Presidency.
If the president wants to be respected he should STOP LYING. The president disrespected that house last night, and each one of us. While it may have been 'improper' only one person spoke the truth regarding illegals being covered under this plan was Joe Wilson.

Besides, Obama threatened to 'call out' anyone telling a distorted view of the plan.....Wilson just got the ball rolling for him.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Exactly. Here we have a president who really lied about illegal immigrants not being eligible for healthcare, someone calls him on it, and all you liberal hypocrites have your knickers in an uproar.
Oh, yeah?

PolitiFact | No free health care for illegal immigrants in the health bill

Quote:
And where were all these crybabies when Bush was being denounced as a liar?
WMDs, anyone? Mushroom clouds over American cities, perhaps?

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM

8,059 posts, read 3,946,325 times
Calling Obama a liar - 1 apology.

Watching Pelosi's reaction - PRICELESS! (I thought her new face was going to melt)

Old 09-10-2009, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
Please point out the lie. The legislation specifically outlaws payments to illegals.

Go read any of the plans being floated. Not one of them requires proof of citizenship. Words ('no illegals') without checks and enforcement will not suffice. What a joke. That's like pulling all of the border guards and checkpoints and replacing them with signs saying 'Do not enter illegally. No drugs or guns may pass over this border.' Sure, we won't have any illegals, drugs or guns coming across because the legislation outlaws it.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 AM

3,728 posts, read 4,870,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panter88 View Post
I am today ashamed of the United States congress. How they treated The President is crimminal. In decades I have never heard such noise chatter and cat calls from our elected officials. I even think one shouted "Lie."
I now understand and can see the possibility of:

Russian scholar predicts fall of United States in 2010 - Collegenews. (http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/russian_scholar_predicts_fall_of_united_states_in_ 2010_023486/ - broken link)
In fact I can see the fall and seperation of the United States. We may no longer exist in 4 years.
Russian scholar predicts fall of United States in 2010 - Collegenews. (http://www.collegenews.com/index.php?/article/russian_scholar_predicts_fall_of_united_states_in_ 2010_023486/ - broken link)
Grow up.

Every President has been booed and jeered at least once.

It is part of partisan politics and it gets a lot worse in other countries. Try most countries in the British Commonwealth where table pounding, obscenities, and shouting down speakers is virtually an every day thing in the legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies