Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 03:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,701,378 times

Advertisements

I've always believed abortion should be legal until the 75th trimester
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2009, 03:20 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
Well, in a way I agree with keeping your legs closed, just not as the only form of birth control. It may not be fair, but life isn't fair, but ultimately the child is the woman's responsibility if the guy decides to bail and leave. The guy has 9-10 months to change his mind and decide he doesn't want to be a father. Women don't have that option. This is why it is important that women have control over their uteruses., because at the end of the day they are the ones stuck witht he child.

I don't like how unwed mothers get so much support from the government, though. It encourages them to have more children that they can't afford. I understand why the democrats support them though, because unwed mothers and their children are future democrats for the most part.
I agree with the part in bold.
I have an aquantaince who has a little girl who isn't even a year old and now she's pregnant with another child. She often complains about not having any money but is always trying to go out and buy her dauhter new clothes...yet a week or two later complains about the price of diapers.

She wants to be on food stamps and is ready to move into subsidized housing. She complains her daughter is a handful which makes it hard for her to study YET she's pregnant again.

Not everyone who had a mom on welfare or grew up on food stamps supports Democrats. I met a woman who was against food stamps and welfare despite her mother being on it her whole life and she would have gone hungry had it not been for food stamps....

Old 09-12-2009, 03:38 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,919,758 times
if we have the technology to manage reproduction responsibly.. then it should be able to be accessed...

I'm tired of ignorant religious people thinking it is their position to form public policy..
don't like birth control... don't use it... and good luck feeding the 12 kids you pop out...

Old 09-12-2009, 05:24 PM

4,474 posts, read 5,414,512 times
Quote:
Well, in a way I agree with keeping your legs closed, just not as the only form of birth control. It may not be fair, but life isn't fair, but ultimately the child is the woman's responsibility if the guy decides to bail and leave. The guy has 9-10 months to change his mind and decide he doesn't want to be a father. Women don't have that option. This is why it is important that women have control over their uteruses., because at the end of the day they are the ones stuck witht he child.

I don't like how unwed mothers get so much support from the government, though. It encourages them to have more children that they can't afford. I understand why the democrats support them though, because unwed mothers and their children are future democrats for the most part.
Your statements are part and parcel of the ongoing problem in this Nation, and it's not unwed mothers OR the Democrats.

It is partisan politics.

BTW, Republicans had control of all three Houses for 6 years, what was done about welfare then?

Old 09-12-2009, 05:26 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,176,449 times
Quote:

that is exactly why we need birth control.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:37 PM

403 posts, read 535,014 times
well thank goodness for condoms.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:42 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faworki1947 View Post
This is the religious right at its nutty worst I fear..
Only in Florida!! And don't forget that Florida is the home of the stormfront.org web site. LOTS of white supremacist religious nut cases in this state.

Old 09-12-2009, 05:43 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,216,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
From the link:

These people are nuts....
totally nuts!

Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 PM

1,928 posts, read 3,645,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiseguy View Post
if we have the technology to manage reproduction responsibly.. then it should be able to be accessed...

I'm tired of ignorant religious people thinking it is their position to form public policy.. don't like birth control... don't use it... and good luck feeding the 12 kids you pop out...
I agree with the statement in bold. I consider myself a religious person yet I totally disagree with what these fanatics are trying to do. Again people using religion to carry out their own personal agendas. Didn't the 9/11 murderers base their reasons for the attacks on their version of Islam? Weren't the Salem witch hunts carried out under the guise of religion? The Inquistion? It's been done for centuries. It is still going on. So let's keep it in perspective. And if that's their "religion", then fine. They are entitiled to it. But leave the rest of us alone.

Separation of Church and State. Remember?

The citizens of Florida would never stand for that. And I think the vast majority of Americans would feel the same way.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:55 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
Default Anti-abortion group wants to make birth-control illegal in Florida

TALLAHASSEE -- A nationwide anti-abortion group launched an effort in Florida Friday to outlaw all abortions and certain types of birth control, including oral contraceptives and the morning-after pill.

The religion-infused movement, called "Personhood Florida," would define conception in Florida's constitution at the "biological beginnings," supporters said -- when the sperm meets the egg.

Orlando Sentinel - Anti-abortion group wants to make birth-control illegal in Florida by Aaron Deslatte
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies