Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Americans need to take back our Congress in 2010, and Impeach Obama in 2011
I agree 48 34.04%
I do NOT agree 65 46.10%
It will never happen 22 15.60%
Other 4 2.84%
Not Sure 2 1.42%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2009, 05:27 AM

2,538 posts, read 3,877,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Americans need to take back our Congress in 2010, and Impeach Obama in 2011
With all due respect, you sound silly and childish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 05:38 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,210,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you voted for him because he promised "change," you are getting what you asked for. Aren't you sorry you didn't examine his career a little more closely to find out what kind of change might be in store for you? It's not like his past was erased, just underreported on during the campaign
On one hand I hear people saying how Obama hasn't changed anything, that he is just another Bush. On the other hand, people talk about how Obama is ruining the country, and if he gets what he wants that he will ruin the country for the quote "real americans".

You can't have it both ways, either Obama is trying to change things or he isn't. And if he isn't doing anything then why is Obama getting relentlessly attacked worse than I ever remember a president being attacked.

The reason is, the conservatives in this country are very scared of the change Obama will make, he wants the change but he can't do it alone. That isn't his fault, he is trying. Outside of him going against his promises of government transparency, he has been doing everything he said he was going to do. People blow his supposed "associations" so far out of context its not even funny. People keep talking about communism like its 1950 again, no one wants communism, its never going to happen in this world. The democrats don't want communism.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:26 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,327,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyegirl View Post
With all due respect, you sound silly and childish.
Thanks for your opinion. But it is becoming a plan by many. Pelosi must be impeached also.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:30 PM

124 posts, read 303,200 times
Quote:
Thanks for your opinion. But it is becoming a plan by many. Pelosi must be impeached also.
by many?...... you live in a bubble, i believe.

Old 09-16-2009, 12:04 AM

17,440 posts, read 28,607,009 times
Quote:
Pelosi's up for re-election next year.
If you think that she deserves to lose her seat, then contribute money to her opponents.

Old 09-16-2009, 05:24 AM

5,319 posts, read 8,986,362 times
ProudCapMarine, you have been IGNORING post after post in YOUR THREAD with questions directed SPECIFICALLY TO YOU.

Do you EVER plan to respond to THOSE posts, or do you ONLY respond to people you agree with, like Sunny-Days?

I too would like to hear YOUR ANSWERS to their questions!

Last edited by RD5050; 09-16-2009 at 05:33 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 05:32 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
On one hand I hear people saying how Obama hasn't changed anything, that he is just another Bush. On the other hand, people talk about how Obama is ruining the country, and if he gets what he wants that he will ruin the country for the quote "real americans".

You can't have it both ways, either Obama is trying to change things or he isn't. And if he isn't doing anything then why is Obama getting relentlessly attacked worse than I ever remember a president being attacked.

The reason is, the conservatives in this country are very scared of the change Obama will make, he wants the change but he can't do it alone. That isn't his fault, he is trying. Outside of him going against his promises of government transparency, he has been doing everything he said he was going to do. People blow his supposed "associations" so far out of context its not even funny. People keep talking about communism like its 1950 again, no one wants communism, its never going to happen in this world. The democrats don't want communism.
bush was ruining the country and obama is continuing to ruin the country. there is no disconnect between those two ideas. obama is trying to do it at a faster pace than bush, with a greater debt load, fighting more wars, etc., but it is still the same game. i agree that our country will not go communist nor would americans allow the country to go communist. i don't even think that is obama's agenda. i think he is a global corporatist working for a wall street titan (tied into the federal reserve). there has been a lot of lip service paid to wall street reform but no action and, instead, obama is trying to increase the power of the federal reserve and decrease the transparency. if you don't think that transparency is important you are missing the WHOLE economic picture!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:21 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:

So far, her district likes her. That's what elections are for.
The American public impeached the Republicans in the last election.

Last edited by plannine; 09-16-2009 at 07:43 AM..

Old 09-16-2009, 09:31 AM

1,079 posts, read 2,650,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
ProudCapMarine, you have been IGNORING post after post in YOUR THREAD with questions directed SPECIFICALLY TO YOU.

Do you EVER plan to respond to THOSE posts, or do you ONLY respond to people you agree with, like Sunny-Days?

I too would like to hear YOUR ANSWERS to their questions!
Never gonna happen. I know he/she has seen the questions but hasn't answered. Weird, isn't it?

Old 09-16-2009, 09:38 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,791,864 times
As far as I can tell a majority of Americans elected this Congress last Fall. We have our Congress and like it that way. The Congress can be improved by electing more DEMOCRATS in 2010. Then we will be able to make and America for ALL Americans, not just the crony capitalist, security frauds, and speculative bankers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies