Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times

Advertisements

That "opinion" piece should have never been allowed out. That is rife with racial innuendo.

I've lost all respect for the NYTimes. All they did was add fuel to the fire that any disagreement to Obama's politics are raced based
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,218,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Lol, who is "you guys?"

I'm agnostic buddy. I'm also not a Republican. So, I can't help you out on bible references.

I CAN tell you what you can do with your "sins of the father" argument however..... it's just not appropriate for the forum.
Oh, that's right. You're a left-leaning Independent. In what ways do you lean left?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:23 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,962,983 times
Why can't some people debate from the moral point of honesty!

People knowingly lie and say that Obama's church and or Pastor is a racist, they know that's not true.

You can disagree with his message but you can not support the premise that it's racist.

Just another lie told to demonize the President!

Trinity United Church's Value System:

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM
Trinity - BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Our History

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.."

Where's the racism??

Can somebody post ANYTHING that the Rev.Wright has said that is racist, without changing or distorting the context of what he is saying.

I don't agree with everything I've heard him say but I haven't heard him say racist things to wards whites.

Unfortunately there will be people that say since a black man was elected President than it's impossible that racism still exists, and that a man affiliated with an organization with a clear history of direct and indirect action to disenfranchise black people could not possibly be racist.

If knowing that racism still exists in this country is tantamount to drinking the kool aid, than I've drunk about a gallon!

Old 09-13-2009, 04:30 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,875,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
That "opinion" piece should have never been allowed out. That is rife with racial innuendo.
I've lost all respect for the NYTimes. All they did was add fuel to the fire that any disagreement to Obama's politics are raced based
What about freedom of speech? You know, the same thing as the Tea Partiers were doing yesterday?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,563,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
What about freedom of speech? You know, the same thing as the Tea Partiers were doing yesterday?
There's a big difference when you practice it when on the NYTimes timeclock.

If she had her own personal blog then I'd have no objection whatsoever but that was part of the NYTimes distribution.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:45 PM

1,718 posts, read 2,301,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Where's the racism??

Can somebody post ANYTHING that the Rev.Wright has said that is racist, without changing or distorting the context of what he is saying.

I don't agree with everything I've heard him say but I haven't heard him say racist things to wards whites.
Yeah, he said I put AIDS into the black community on purpose to kill off blacks. Come on! Wright is a big time racist.

- Reel

Old 09-13-2009, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
Yeah, he said I put AIDS into the black community on purpose to kill off blacks. Come on! Wright is a big time racist.

- Reel
Link?

Old 09-13-2009, 04:48 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,729,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
The White House on Sunday dismissed a claim by New York Times columnist Maureen Dowd that administration critics like Rep. Joe Wilson, who called President Obama a liar during his health care address to Congress, are motivated by race.

White House Dismisses Dowd Claim That Wilson Outburst Was Race-Based - Political News - FOXNews.com

She is a fruit loop...........Obama is 1/2 black and 1/2 white.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:54 PM

Default An America where Black Men don't become President.

I remember an America where black men didn’t grow up to be President.

"..In that America people screaming at public gatherings were called out for what they were – an angry mob.."
I remember an America where black men didn’t grow up to be President. « Margaret and Helen

I would love to have them as neighbors, imagine the conversations we could have.

It wouldn't matter if you agreed or disagreed, I think the conversation would be honest.

Last edited by reconmark; 09-13-2009 at 05:04 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-13-2009, 05:04 PM

7,993 posts, read 12,873,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
Why can't some people debate from the moral point of honesty!

People knowingly lie and say that Obama's church and or Pastor is a racist, they know that's not true.

You can disagree with his message but you can not support the premise that it's racist.

Just another lie told to demonize the President!

Trinity United Church's Value System:

THE BLACK VALUE SYSTEM
Trinity - BLACK VALUE SYSTEM

Our History

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly Black and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the Black religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an African people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of slavery, the days of segregation, and the long night of racism. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a Black worship service and ministries which address the Black Community.."

Where's the racism??

Unfortunately there will be people that say since a black man was elected President than it's impossible that racism still exists, and that a man affiliated with an organization with a clear history of direct and indirect action to disenfranchise black people could not possibly be racist.

If knowing that racism still exists in this country is tantamount to drinking the kool aid, than I've drunk about a gallon!
Lets just change the wording from TUCC's Value System a little:

Lets call it a White Value System

We are a congregation which is Unashamedly White and Unapologetically Christian... Our roots in the White religious experience and tradition are deep, lasting and permanent. We are an European people, and remain "true to our native land," the mother continent, the cradle of civilization. God has superintended our pilgrimage through the days of religious oppression, the days of founding the country, and the long night of war for independence. It is God who gives us the strength and courage to continuously address injustice as a people, and as a congregation. We constantly affirm our trust in God through cultural expression of a White worship service and ministries which address the White Community.."

Still OK right????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies