Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:05 PM

674 posts, read 1,620,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
In the Middle East the meddling of religion is very overt. There is no "secular" side of the story like there is here in the United States. In the US we try to pretend that religion isn't meddling in our government, so it's hard to see where religion and politics cross over sometimes, because it is cleverly disguised as "family values" in most cases.
We are fortunate enough to not be under strict Christian rule here. We are free to voice our opinions, secular or otherwise, so long as that criticism isn't of 0bama. In Muslim countries, such as with the last election in June, dissenting can get you shot, killed, or thrown in prison. That isn't happening here just yet, but I would venture to say it is more likely to come from the left than the religious right.

There is ZERO freedom in Muslims countries. You cannot convert or they try to kill you; you cannot dress as you want; you cannot look where you want; you cannot buy or drive what you want; women have no choice whether to wear a burka or not because all her choices are made by a man; you cannot socialize with whom you want; you cannot travel freely, live freely, have your own opinions - you can do nothing of your own volition without having a constant morality police over you.

Its a f***g nightmare, least to say. Women hate living in the middle east, while men often love it because they are extremely generous people - but they soon start to hate it once they discover how conservative it truly is. For example, a friend of mine who was a doctor left because he was simply scared. He could not examine female patients, or could face death. Yet he was forced to diagnose them... How do you diagnose someone you can't even touch and who sits in front of you in layers of clothing? It was a sick mentality.

I've dealt many years with middle eastern countries and sure, there are many nice people and as a guest they treat you with extreme generosity, but the core temperament with them is a constant underlying temper that seeks to take brutal revenge. With Brutal, I mean Brutal. Wilders is very brave, and thank God Europe has him! There are way too many ******* in politics today who make decisions that one day everyone will suffer dearly for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:07 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
who cares what europeans think?

oh, right-wingers do, when the europeans agree with them!

imagine if a dutch politician had criticized bush, and someone had posted about it here. i'm sure whoever posted it would be accused of hating america.

anyway, neat that the american right seems to have suddenly heard of geert wilders ( i saw a thread about fitna the other day). here are some of his political views:

- The present Article 1 of the Dutch constitution, guaranteeing equality under the law, will be replaced by a clause stating the cultural dominance of the Christian, Jewish and humanist traditions.
- An immigration ban of five years for immigrants from non-western countries. Foreign residents no longer shall have the right to vote in municipal elections.
-A ban of five years on the founding of mosques and Islamic schools; a permanent ban on preaching in any other language but Dutch. Foreign imams will be forbidden to preach.

the guy wants to ban the koran and simultaneously argues that he deserves free speech. a wee bit hypocritical, perhaps?

anyway, he is obsessed with islam; he thinks it's an evil religion. i'm not surprised he doesn't take well to obama's "don't just bomb everybody right away" and "don't ban islam" policies.
Surely you have heard the recording of Chamberlin exiting his plane coming back from Munich in 1938. Of course, you have studied the way he managed to create the problem that resulted in WW II. You don't talk like it but surely you know all about it.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:10 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Wilders vergelijkt Obama met Chamberlain | nu.nl/algemeen | Het laatste nieuws het eerst op nu.nl

Sorry I haven't found a link in English yet.

Basically Geert Wilders (who is living 24/7 with security because he is trying to show how extremist muslims are trying to intergrate in society and recruting young muslims for their Fatwah, also he is showing how muslim woman have no rights) who is part of Dutch parlement is stating that Chamberlain made a pact with Hitler and Mussolini in 1938 for the so called "world peace" . We all know what really happened.

He is staing this based on the speeches that Obama have been given in Cairo in which Obama is stating "we have to make relations with the muslim world better without any prejudgment or difference of opinion"...Wilders is pointing to what happened on 9/11 and other attacks in the world done by muslims and how the Quran is stating that everybody needs to become a muslim.

Wilders haalt uit naar Obama - Binnenland - Telegraaf.nl [24 uur actueel, ook mobiel] [binnenland]

I agree. I have seen the comparison to Hitler from the day he was on the campain trail. I saw t more in the people swooning over him with blind obsession like the people of Germany did with Hitler. It is chilling.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:11 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,632,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
PVV...no racist party just a party that wants immigrants speak the language and intergrate into society which muslims haven't done.

I think most American's would agree with him on that matter. He is also stating that enough muslims have entered The Netherlands which I totally agree with hin om. There population is 16 million and 1 million is muslims who mostly are unemployed and don't speak the language. and they guess almost a similar amount are illegal muslims!
Complete load of bollox with respect.

I have plenty of contacts in Holland, and I travel to Holland several times per year on business.
Everyone of my colleagues and friends over there have stated to me that
scaremongerers like Wildes and Fortyn deliberately tried to play the "race card".

You should inform yourself before posting crap trying to compare Chamberlin to Obama and assorted disinformed tangents about Holland.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:11 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,607,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I have seen pictures of Wilders and don't think yours is him.
It's Wilders. The nostril distortion is throwing you off.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antibes View Post
There is ZERO freedom in Muslims countries. You cannot convert or they try to kill you; you cannot dress as you want; you cannot look where you want; you cannot buy or drive what you want; women have no choice whether to wear a burka or not because all her choices are made by a man; you cannot socialize with whom you want; you cannot travel freely, live freely, have your own opinions - you can do nothing of your own volition without having a constant morality police over you.

Its a f***g nightmare, least to say. Women hate living in the middle east, while men often love it because they are extremely generous people - but they soon start to hate it once they discover how conservative it truly is. For example, a friend of mine who was a doctor left because he was simply scared. He could not examine female patients, or could face death. Yet he was forced to diagnose them... How do you diagnose someone you can't even touch and who sits in front of you in layers of clothing? It was a sick mentality.

I've dealt many years with middle eastern countries and sure, there are many nice people and as a guest they treat you with extreme generosity, but the core temperament with them is a constant underlying temper that seeks to take brutal revenge. With Brutal, I mean Brutal. Wilders is very brave, and thank God Europe has him! There are way too many ******* in politics today who make decisions that one day everyone will suffer dearly for.
That was a helluva post there. From the things I read last night I would not have expected to see you say those things about Wilders, who I agree completely with you about. He is a hero and comes from a country where people who say the wrong things about Muslims get their throats cut even out in public. They really are a threat to the Dutch people and there is just too much liberalism there to get them under control.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's Wilders. The nostril distortion is throwing you off.
Did he pose for that picture or did some liberal photo shop it.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM

192 posts, read 219,922 times
Muslims, outraged at being called terrorists, decided to murder a man calling them terrorists in an effort to help further their cause and paint Islam in a more positive light in the western world.

Theo van Gogh (film director) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the left just wants us to pretend that this is all just done by extremists.

Political correctness is not only serious, it is DEADLY serious.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
What?! Are you saying that RELIGION is NOT politics in this country?!?!

"this is legal tender in god we trust"

"god bless america"

"under god, with liberty..."
If you can't stand all that filthy stuff you find those words on maybe you could send me some of the "long green" that has those nasty words on it.

Yes religion is politics in this country but most of that comes from those trying so hard to push their secular thoughts onto the nation that is still mostly Christian.

Would you prefer your money to say things like "In Allah we trust"? How about saying that pledge with "under Allah,"? Just asking since the money wouldn't be legal tender that way until the day we get weak enough to be taken over by them.

I just had a thought about Christianity. Most of those Mexicans and other Central American illegals are good Catholics. I wonder if they will allow you secularists to cram that kind of thinking down their throats. Actually I don't think they will be able to accept that kind of thinking once Obama and crew manage to amnesty them into citizenship.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
The Dutch have their own problems with Indonesian muslims and this guy is just one more moron who's opinions don't matter
That's right. If a politician believes something you can't handle he becomes a moron whose opinions don't matter. I wonder if those people in the Netherlands who are related to people who have had their throats slit because they wrote things the Muslims didn't like agree with you. Somehow I don't think they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies