Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 03:26 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,617,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Did he pose for that picture or did some liberal photo shop it.
He was obviously in a boring meeting. At some point someone put up the time lapse photos of it. It was pretty funny.

The not so pleasant thing is what he did with the pen after it was in his nose:

Last edited by helenejen; 04-25-2013 at 09:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,315,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
I'm on one thread where a conservative is arguing that Obama is conducting two wars of choice against Muslims and now we've got a thread accusing Obama is the next Neville Chamberlain!

We are somewhere south of Bizarro World.
Until he pulls the troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan he is conducting a war in each country. How can you reason that any other way?

I don't think poorly of him for what he is trying to do except for stating the date for pullout in Iraq, but then he didn't do it in February 2009 like so many people who voted for him thought he would.

If you can't see comparisons of Obama with Chamberlin you are surely some kind of far west liberal.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:27 PM

That photo above isn't from the same meeting as the pen pick, but I couldn't help myself.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Rightwing extremists exist everywhere. Its no wonder he will find an audience with this kind of claim. Racism and ignorance is not merely an American ideal
When Muslims start slitting Americans' throats like they have done in the Netherlands I think there is a chance that we will change our minds, also.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:29 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,689,263 times
Quote:
Surely you have heard the recording of Chamberlin exiting his plane coming back from Munich in 1938. Of course, you have studied the way he managed to create the problem that resulted in WW II. You don't talk like it but surely you know all about it.
what on earth does that have to do with the background of geert wilders?

and yeah, i am aware of the history of world war II and chamberlain's appeasement of hitler.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
He was obviously in a boring meeting. At some point someone put up the time lapse photos of it. It was pretty funny.

The not so pleasant thing is what he did with the pen after it was in his nose:
Darn it. I sometimes forget to wash my hands after picking my nose and I don't even give a thought to it when I pick my teeth with the same fingers. Do you suppose that is part of betting ancient?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM

16,431 posts, read 22,224,259 times
Chamberlain thought he was doing the right thing. Obama thinks he's doing the right thing. Time will tell.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Darn it. I sometimes forget to wash my hands after picking my nose and I don't even give a thought to it when I pick my teeth with the same fingers. Do you suppose that is part of betting ancient?
Are you holding your teeth in your hand when you are doing that?

Old 09-13-2009, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellalunatic View Post
Actually that is a common misconception.

Contrary to popular misconception it is not a two way street.

Show me where the Church is not meddling our government constantly.

And please let me know why you think the alleged separation of church and state came about in the first place.

That'd be awesome, thanks.
Everybody knows that that separation came from liberal interpretations of the 1st Amendment. You know the ACLU and others like them.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyholiday View Post
There we go again with that word. Like clockwork, anyone who criticises Chairman 0bama is a racist.
Johnny, we have been called ignorant racists. That is really funny considering the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies