Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 08:17 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,698,072 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They have changed the name of his show to

The Looney Bin Comedy Hour

Looking at the ratings he is of course at the bottom of the barrel.

Since he was fired from ESPN and ended up doing this show and it was going under, they needed to make it something different.

He cannot compete with anyone at Fox for any hour so they need to have him do sit down comedy and see if that works.

Maybe we wont wet himself on the set anymore or they have put a depends on him.

Fox News gets okay to misinform public, court ruling | Media Reform | CeaseSPIN.org

Try though you will Fox is NOT NEWS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 08:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
No cable "news" is real news. It's entertainment and commentary masquerading as news. MSNBC or Fox, it doesn't matter.

Old 09-17-2009, 08:21 PM

And for those who watched Olberman tonight, what was that rant supporting a "victim" of the Nazi genocide in Armenia. The Nazis never invaded Armenia, The TURKS committed genocide on the Armenians in WORLD WAR I over 90 years ago, so a survivors would have to be pushing 100. I think his outrage was misplaced

Old 09-17-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
No cable "news" is real news. It's entertainment and commentary masquerading as news. MSNBC or Fox, it doesn't matter.
Did you read the link

Old 09-17-2009, 08:25 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,558,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Did you read the link
My statement stands whether I did or not, but yeah.

I'm not in favor of government intervention in the news media, not even in the carnival sideshow that is FAUX News.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:33 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,499,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Last night, when I was watching Fox (to remind myself how uninformed they are, of course), I switched to my man KO.

Bingo!!! He had a clip of President Bush stuttering in the middle of a sentence.

I and kajillions will sure be glad when Bush/Cheney are out of office

Tonight, while I'm shouting at Bill O'Reilley, I click to the Big Guy and bonus!! He's showing a "Fox and Friends In the Morning" clip and giving them H-E-L-L.

Go Keith!!!!!! The sky's the limit, ratingswise!!!! Whooot!!!!

I'll give you this much...Duhbyaisms are cool.

Olberslap pales in comparison to back in his first go-round with ESPN.

He is quite unlistenable in comparison.

Old 09-17-2009, 09:40 PM

296 posts, read 273,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
There's a lot to like and respect about Keith Olbermann, but I'm not sure either example in your OP is real reflective of that. You're impressed that he showed Bush stuttering? Come on.

Tonight he exposed yet another moronic and mind-bogglingly uninformed mouthful of crap from.. (I could, but I won't)
Seriously? that is the funniest thing I've read in a while and it is also helping me understand your other posts..

Old 09-18-2009, 06:16 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
And for those who watched Olberman tonight, what was that rant supporting a "victim" of the Nazi genocide in Armenia. The Nazis never invaded Armenia, The TURKS committed genocide on the Armenians in WORLD WAR I over 90 years ago, so a survivors would have to be pushing 100. I think his outrage was misplaced
Maybe, maybe not. It's alleged that Armenians joined the Nazis in their attempt to exterminate Jews during WWII.

Here, read about the incident from a non-KO source ...

Politics | Hitler poster provokes Edmonds incident | Seattle Times Newspaper

You want to call Mr. Gasparian A LIAR???? Shame on you if you do.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:34 AM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
A stuffed monkey with an Obama hat?
Thanks for revealing the true 'horrors' of todays racism.
Night time hooded terror rides and lynching have morphed into
elementary school level mocking.
Racism in any meaningful way is over.
Times have changed.
Get over it.

Old 09-18-2009, 06:40 AM

615 posts, read 1,693,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
305,529,237 people watch none of them; that says a lot about how much smarter they are!
And I'd go so far as to say as to say out of the 305 million people that pay attention to the news don't have God complexes with one newscaster like they do with Limbaugh, Beck, etc. as well. The reason why FOX appears to have more viewers is because those viewers have this impression that its FOX and only Fox and they don't watch, listen or read anything else. Moderate and more liberal viewers tend to watch, listen, and read from multiple resources. So FOX gets liberals, moderates, and conservatives watching while conservatives refuse to read, watch or listen to anything other that what they are spoonfed from Fox and Limbaugh and other conservative talk show hosts. I tend to be a little to the left and I am constantly listening to Fox News and American Right as well as our local talk show hosts that are on before and after Rush and happen to be conservative on XM as well as to America Left, NPR, CNN, BBC, etc. Note to everyone, you can learn a TON from people you don't agree with!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies