Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 11:25 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times

Advertisements

This article is probably one of the more down to earth and accurate articles about what is really happening here in the USA.

It reflects what most Americans really know about themselves - As opposed to the nonsense from the media and the left and right extremists on this forum.

Read it and think about it:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/18/op...ml?ref=opinion
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 11:46 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
It's not about race but then the left wingers would be void of their weapon of choice.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:00 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,222,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
This article is probably one of the more down to earth and accurate articles about what is really happening here in the USA.

It reflects what most Americans really know about themselves - As opposed to the nonsense from the media and the left and right extremists on this forum.

I agree, good article.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Every day I wake up, I pray to every deity worshipped by any human being on the face of the earth giving thanks that I do not feel required to claim either the "right" or "left."

I also give thanks that I'm not a Detroit Lions fan.

"Right" and "left" is for giving driving directions. Real life and the issues that our country and society face are a lot more nuanced than some political spectrum sliding scale.

Old 09-18-2009, 12:03 AM

1,332 posts, read 1,990,286 times
Default Yeah...it's getting old already

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It's not about race but then the left wingers would be void of their weapon of choice.
Yes, it is getting old already.

But, there are the right wing nuts that don't help the issue.

I mean WTF is the thing with bringing rifles to a Presidential appearance? How stupid is that?

Anyway, I think that the rhetoric will ease up. I am seeing it on both sides . Even tonight watching both O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper. Both seemed to be opeing up to criticisms of their own side of the political spectrum.

Maybe this extemist mentality will start to die down (finally).

And half the clowns that post to these forums can go back to playing "Dungeons and Dragons".

Old 09-18-2009, 12:37 AM

4,002 posts, read 3,905,930 times
Quote:

So, by the article, this isn't some new thing that's going on ... in that "we've been there, done that".

Good read

Old 09-18-2009, 12:38 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,563,119 times
Quote:
And half the clowns that post to these forums can go back to playing "Dungeons and Dragons".
These people aren't smart enough to understand D&D. That requires a bit of thinking and imagination.

Old 09-18-2009, 02:55 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,090,222 times
Quote:

I mean WTF is the thing with bringing rifles to a Presidential appearance? How stupid is that?

Anyway, I think that the rhetoric will ease up. I am seeing it on both sides . Even tonight watching both O'Reilly and Anderson Cooper. Both seemed to be opeing up to criticisms of their own side of the political spectrum.

The black man that brought a rifle to a presidential apperance was claiming his rights to bare arms under the constitution. I don't know how close he was to where the president was speaking but more harn was done to the president when the public found out the liberal meadia was lying and said it was a white man. There is no low, low enough for the liberal media.

Things will get worse for hussein obama because more and more people from both sides are demanding some answers on his Czars and the public is wondering why he has stayed silent on ACORN. We will not forget that.

Old 09-18-2009, 03:45 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
the only part that i would disagree with is his statement that we have a "populist" media. we have an "elite" media which supports the globalization movement and i would hardly call that populist. globalization, by its very nature, benefits those at the top. they wind up with even more control, with more people under their control! the media supported the wall street bailout, along with the other people in power. why do you think that big media representatives are invited to these world conferences and are not reporting on what is transpiring at them?

i do agree that we have a populist reaction which is not race based. i don't think that blacks who objected to bush were racist and i don't think that whites who object to obama are racist. these people are just mad because the government policies that are implemented hit them in their pocketbooks, their own futures, and their childrens' futures. it is an objection to way that administrations run the government and interfere with the freedom of the citizens.

Old 09-18-2009, 04:01 AM

296 posts, read 273,513 times
Quote:

yeah, I heard there were people voting there too. What sort of crazy retards would want to do something like that? Just because they have a right to and all. How stupid can they get?

anyhow, I liked this article and I'm glad I read it. I saw nyt on the link and almost dismissed it, but I have learned that even they can let a good one slip out every few years. I think the last good one from them I read was the article that explained how henry cisneros and bill clinton were pretty much 100% to blame for the current mortgage fiasco. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/19/bu...sneros.html?hp
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies