Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 01:41 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,614,054 times

Advertisements

EDMONDS, Wash. – An Edmonds man faces assault charges for defending Pres. Obama. It was a conflict sparked by a poster depicting the president as Adolf Hitler.

Henry Gasparian is a 70-year-old Armenian immigrant. His family fought the Nazis in World War II. He says his emotions got the best of him a couple of weeks ago.

Nazi survivor lashes out over Obama Hitler poster | Top Stories | Seattle News, Local News, Breaking News, Weather | KING5.com (http://www.king5.com/topstories/stories/NW_091709WABTIMES-obama-hitler-poster-TP.18d1ac22a.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2009, 02:05 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,059,627 times
Life sucks when people wield an emotional subject so casually they cannot understand if they never experience it.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:22 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who compares any elected US official to Hitler. The people who would say this in the first place are about as intelligent as a pile of dog ****.

Old 09-20-2009, 05:59 AM

6,233 posts, read 9,484,309 times
Comparing the president to hitler is an insult to the people who suffered under him. He and Stalin were in a class by themselves.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:34 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJoey View Post
I have absolutely zero respect for anyone who compares any elected US official to Hitler. The people who would say this in the first place are about as intelligent as a pile of dog ****.
Hey- I have a former Wehrmacht soldier as a patient (who incidentally was drafted for service in the US military to serve in Korea) who thinks very much that Obama is very much like Hitler and fears him.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:38 AM

639 posts, read 1,143,210 times
Hey...the Obama-Hitler comparisons are horrendous and I will be the FIRST to condemn them (although they are covered by Free Speech) when the Dems/Libs condemn all of the people who called GW Bush Hitler and held up Hitler pics with Bush's face AND horns. What's good for the goose is good for the gander.....hello Mr. Pot!!!

Old 09-20-2009, 06:44 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,291,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Hey- I have a former Wehrmacht soldier as a patient (who incidentally was drafted for service in the US military to serve in Korea) who thinks very much that Obama is very much like Hitler and fears him.
Yeah, well he's probably a racist according to some Obama supporters.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:47 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, well he's probably a racist according to some Obama supporters.

I agree. Everyone who opposes Obama is a racist. Just like everyone who opposed Hitler was a "Jew lover". "racist" has lost all of its original intended meaning and is now just some odd, empty word that no longer has no meaning. It used to be a potent word with emotional impact. Now it is a tired and meaningless left wing dispersion that is used so inapporpriately and so often that it no longer means anything at all, with the exception of the general category of "anything that a liberal does not like". I am sure that if a lib orders a meal in a restaurant that they do not find to thier liking, or buys toilet paper with the wrong texture, they now call those things "racist". Now remind me again, what was the original defintion of that word?

Tyrants will always place derrogatory labels on opposition to simplify the identification of the enemy and play on the emotions of "supporters". Obama is no different than any other tyrant and is using the same tactics of the past.

Old 09-20-2009, 06:50 AM

256 posts, read 479,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. Everyone who opposes Obama is a racist. Just like everyone who opposed Hitler was a "Jew lover".

Tyrants will always place derrogatory labels on opposition to simplify the identification of the enemy and play on the emotions of "supporters". Obama is no different than any other tyrant and is using the same tactics of the past.
When has Obama called people who oppose him racist?

Old 09-20-2009, 06:51 AM

2,170 posts, read 2,862,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Comparing the president to hitler is an insult to the people who suffered under him. He and Stalin were in a class by themselves.
You are so right. It is unfortunate such comparisons, commonplace and joyously made on the Left during Bush's years, were deemed appropriate by them then. They're never appropriate. I hope those opposed to the Pelosi, Reid and Obama agenda will avoid such comparisons but until then it's goose and gander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies