Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:10 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times

Advertisements

I thought it was funny and smart of Obama to say this, some smart person whispered this in his ears!

Obama on Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election

Obama on Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election - Political News - FOXNews.com

------------------

Having said that, there is the other side....many bama supporters like the worst president ever "Carter" and others claim that people who oppose Obama have racial issues....

Most of the people who don't like Obama's views didn't vote for him and more have changed their mind. Aproxx 47% didn't vote for Obama during the presidential race....so my question is....?

Are people who didn't vote racists or just against what he stands for?

I know what me and my friends are standing for, we don't agree with his views and his associations and feel stronger than before he became the president. Are we racists "NO"...for sure not and people who know us, know better, or it means that a white person who is friends with black, hispanic, asian's, etc...nowadays is a racist

Old 09-22-2009, 04:20 AM

2,311 posts, read 2,829,447 times
You are going to hurt yourself stretching so far.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:12 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,347,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I thought it was funny and smart of Obama to say this, some smart person whispered this in his ears!

Obama on Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/22/obama-tells-letterman-actually-black-election/ - broken link)

------------------

Having said that, there is the other side....many bama supporters like the worst president ever "Carter" and others claim that people who oppose Obama have racial issues....

Most of the people who don't like Obama's views didn't vote for him and more have changed their mind. Aproxx 47% didn't vote for Obama during the presidential race....so my question is....?

I know what me and my friends are standing for, we don't agree with his views and his associations and feel stronger than before he became the president. Are we racists "NO"...for sure not and people who know us, know better, or it means that a white person who is friends with black, hispanic, asian's, etc...nowadays is a racist

Is everybody who voted against Obama racist. No
Are the people who would not vote for a black for president racist. Yes

There are many people in this country still, who make their decisions based on race, religion, nationality or sex. Some of them are here in C-D.

Old 09-22-2009, 05:57 AM

2,340 posts, read 4,631,920 times
IF you are going to quote a position, you should quote it correctly.
Carter did not say all people that opppose Obama were racist. He said that he believe there is a group within the opposition that is especially vitriolic and disrepectfull and he believes some of that is race based.

The conversation goes no where when you resort to labeling an entire group.

Quote:

Obama on Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election - Political News - FOXNews.com (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/09/22/obama-tells-letterman-actually-black-election/ - broken link)

------------------

Old 09-22-2009, 06:12 AM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baybook View Post
IF you are going to quote a position, you should quote it correctly.
Carter did not say all people that opppose Obama were racist. He said that he believe there is a group within the opposition that is especially vitriolic and disrepectfull and he believes some of that is race based.

The conversation goes no where when you resort to labeling an entire group.
Thank you,
had to rep you for this post. TOS says not to attack fellow posters, however it gets very frustrating and sickening when posters get on this forum and knowingly lie, mis-represent, and distort the truth in order to try to throw mud on the President.

I tend to give these people the benefit of the doubt and state that they misrepresent the truth rather than they are too ignorant to comprehend what is clearly told to them, by former President Carter.

I notice those on the right keep harping about democrats wanting a "race war" yet I've never seen that introduced into any discussion except by those on the right, then they falsely says someone is constantly labeling them racists and therfore looking for a racial fight.
How dishonest can you get??

Old 09-22-2009, 06:48 AM

9,503 posts, read 9,821,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plannine View Post
Is everybody who voted against Obama racist. No
Are the people who would not vote for a black for president racist. Yes

There are many people in this country still, who make their decisions based on race, religion, nationality or sex. Some of them are here in C-D.
Most people who voted for Obama solely because he was Black. YES

People who voted against Obama because of his platform and lack of experience. NO.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:48 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
If Carter just mentioned the few that are racist and that is why they are now so against Obama, why didn't he say the same when Bush was president..I'll bet you some people who are racist didn't vote or Bush either, but never it was an issue to be mentioned by Carter and others...now it is! So IMO he didn't meant the few, he really meant most of us who oppose Obama's views.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
If Carter just mentioned the few that are racist and that is why they are now so against Obama, why didn't he say the same when Bush was president..I'll bet you some people who are racist didn't vote or Bush either, but never it was an issue to be mentioned by Carter and others...now it is! So IMO he didn't meant the few, he really meant most of us who oppose Obama's views.
Are you serious? Can you remind me of the non-white candidate all the non-white racist people voted for???

John Kerry - Caucasian
George Bush - Caucasian
Al Gore - Caucasian.

Please try to come up with a coherent POV.

Old 09-22-2009, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Furthurmore, why are you so offended by an opinion that suggests some of the crazy nonsense we are seeing from some opponents is race based?? If that does not apply to you, why should it offend you? And if it does not apply to you, why are you not outraged at the lunatics that ARE getting all the media attention. The lunatics that insist Obama is a Muslim, that he was born in Kenya, that he is a terrorist???

Old 09-22-2009, 08:14 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,484,806 times
Quote:
Excuse me, but Obama, regardless of whether or not you appreciate his plans for the country, is not a stupid man by any means.

And aren't you tired of beating this same horse to death? Every day I log in there's yet another topic from you about him. Makes me think that you, and certain other folks on this forum, are a tad obssessed with him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies