Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times

Advertisements

"Indoctrinate"? No. Just one of many strange yet ultimately harmless things people do everyday. I think whoever thought this one up needs to be reminded that kids aren't to be used for political purposes. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2009, 01:47 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I certainly see indoctrination here but maybe I am wrong. Now I am not saying that Obama is responsible for what we see. No, some teachers are but he will eventually profit by things like this.

YouTube - School kids taught to praise Obama

YouTube - children kids sing singing Barack Hussein Obama song at N.J elementary school INDOCTRINATION!) BECK

As if I needed another reason to want to home school the kids I will someday have.

What in the world is our country coming to? I will NEVER send my kids to public schools if this is one of the things they will have to go through

Old 09-25-2009, 02:04 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
As if I needed another reason to want to home school the kids I will someday have.

What in the world is our country coming to? I will NEVER send my kids to public schools if this is one of the things they will have to go through
This was ONE class in ONE school. Trust me, whether they go to public, private or your own little homeschool, something will be screwed up at some point. Even mommies and daddies screw up. Fortunately, nobody was harmed here.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
This was ONE class in ONE school. Trust me, whether they go to public, private or your own little homeschool, something will be screwed up at some point. Even mommies and daddies screw up.

Then again it all starts in one tiny place then spreads slowly.....

I really hope you are right

Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:

Yeah, home schooling is the way to go. Your kids will all think and act just like you. Keep them insulated from society. Everything out there is a threat.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Yeah, home schooling is the way to go. Your kids will all think and act just like you. Keep them insulated from society. Everything out there is a threat.
Then again, given the quality of teachers in many schools, I am sure that my instruction would be quite superior to theirs

Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,664,501 times
Quote:
Then again, given the quality of teachers in many schools, I am sure that my instruction would be quite superior to theirs
The quality of teachers is open to interpretation.

Old 09-25-2009, 02:16 AM

15,080 posts, read 20,477,038 times
Quote:
Then again it all starts in one tiny place then spreads slowly.....

I really hope you are right
Or not. I don't remember the silly songs I was singing in elementary school...well, maybe a few:

"B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, B-I-N-G-O, and Bingo was his name-o"

"This old man, he played one, he played knick-knack on my thumb...with a knick-knick paddywack give a dog a bone, this old man came rolling home..."

Old 09-25-2009, 08:42 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,159,646 times
Let's panic!

Old 09-25-2009, 08:48 AM

48,138 posts, read 22,007,656 times
Default "MY Country Tis Of Thee"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
This was definitely an attempt to influence the minds of children.
All education is the attempt to influence the minds of children. Teaching Patriotism and Respect for our leaders and the commander in chief is as American as Apple Pie. I was certainly taught to respect the flag and our President and our country. If more teachers taught respect.....perhaps we would have been spared the spectacle of a representative heckling the POTUS as he made a historic speech before the joint houses of congress.

People seem to forget that Barach Obama is not a candidate....he is Our President; it is ok to teach school children to have respect for the President of the United States of America. When I was in school the picture of the President was on the wall next to the American flag in every classroom I ever attended and we were looking at it along with the flag when we said the pledge.

He isnt running for office.....he doesnt have an opponent. He is the President of the United States of America...not of the democrats or of the republicans but the American People.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies