Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,663,996 times

Advertisements

^^without guns? Rambo relied on a crutch, if I remember.

You want society--I don't. Why do you feel the need, when they aren't necessary?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 09:18 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,587,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
^^without guns? Rambo relied on a crutch, if I remember.

You want society--I don't. Why do you feel the need, when they aren't necessary?
Society would be created out of anarchy when "the fittest" began to tell others what to do. I'm sure you would love that system.

Old 10-02-2009, 09:19 AM

I don't tell others what to do, I don't let others tell me what to do. I do whatever I want.

For the most part, that entails leaving other people alone, and expecting the same from them.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:40 AM

Quote:
I don't tell others what to do, I don't let others tell me what to do. I do whatever I want.

For the most part, that entails leaving other people alone, and expecting the same from them.
Good. I do the same. That's the great thing about this country.

I recognize that part of why people leave me alone is the society we live in. If you think anarchy would be better, I would suggest you look at places that have fallen into anarchy such as some of the countries in Africa, some of our inner-cities where laws are not enforced etc. I think those people would tell you they feel less free to peacefully do as they please than we experience in places where we do have some standards of behavior and right and wrong.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Without society, every person would be forced to worry about themselves first, and wouldn't have TIME to bother others. To be in their business, and concerning themselves with matters that don't affect them.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Without society, every person would be forced to worry about themselves first, and wouldn't have TIME to bother others. To be in their business, and concerning themselves with matters that don't affect them.
World events would dispute that. Some people worry about themselves by taking advantage of others. They band together, as do others who worry about themselves being victimized, and you end up with people fighting for dominance. There are examples of this throughout the world where there is no law and chaos and violence rule.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:51 AM

No man deserves to be master over another--as we set up when we create governments out of thin air. I'm not willing to give others power over me. But I don't want to lead either.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:55 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Quote:
The work it takes to be your own person without a "safety net". To be an individual and not one of the flock of sheep.
Most of these posts are simply people following media hype as truth. Yes, Polanski pled guilty because he was guilty - that goes without saying. However, if people would do their own work and not follow media reports like sheep, they would come to a more intelligent response but they're lazy and don't take the time and come off sounding like fools.

There are many people (not ALL, of course) who also followed the herd when Michael Jackson was accused of being a child molester. Many of them (only because he's dead) are now agreeing he may not have been. Not because he was found innocent, but because they only follow a herd instead of having the courage and grit to do their homework and come up with their own deductions.

Nothing's changed since people, like sheep, rallied to hangings and guillotines shouting out all kinds of venemous chants, as if execution wasn't enough. People should look at themselves and their own behaviors.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:01 AM

Quote:
No man deserves to be master over another--as we set up when we create governments out of thin air. I'm not willing to give others power over me. But I don't want to lead either.
That happens more when there are no standards and a ruler comes from the chaos. They rule by force. A more civilized society is able to reach a common understanding of standards of living. Some may not like some of those standards, but they are in place to keep people from being victimized. The idea of a society where there are no standards and everyone lives is peace sounds nice, but it's utopian.

Old 10-02-2009, 11:03 AM

5,554 posts, read 6,740,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
There is no need to watch a biased documentary (in favor of Roman the Rapist) when we have the transcripts of exactly what he did to her.

There is no one eating crow, except those defending a rapist and a pedophile.

Charged anymore?

He won't be "charged anymore" - he will go straight to sentencing, exactly where he left off when he fled.
Oh you left yourself soooo open again......what a hoot! You can sure count on your ALWAYS having to eat crow. Why not surprise us for once and come out right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies