Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 04:26 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,578,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Typical liberal back-peddling. You cried and whined because of the no-photo policy, and now that you have it, you don't use it. First it was all about blaming George W. Bush, and now it's all about blaming Bush Sr. Surely you can muster an ounce of blame for the hypocritcal liberal media, eh?

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Posts like this drive that home solidly.
It can also very easily be said that conservatism is a mental disorder. Posters like some people here can drive this point VERY easily.

And it is not that the media (not liberal media) does not care about the caskets anymore. They have not been shown because Bush did not want them shown. What is the purpose of showing them now? Just adding more to the stress or the economy? The war in Iraq is Bushes war. No doubt about that whatsoever. He did not want the caskets shown. We can show them now but what is the point?

Why are you complaining about the caskets not being shown? Your conservative president did not want it. Why now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,319,109 times
No Bush= No War.
Where is Cindy Sheehan the former darling of the anti-war movement?

Old 09-29-2009, 04:31 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,428,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Don't you know left wingers love death as long as it is at the hands of a Democrat? They also love their warmonger hussein obama so they will do anything to cover for him.
More insane comments about left wingers loving death. Keep it up, you make it easy to prove right wingers say the craziest stuff. Does wonders for your credibility.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:36 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,680,717 times
when was the last time people in the media made a big deal about not being able to photograph soldiers' caskets? i think it was, hmm, 2004?

and when was the last time the media was making a big deal about anti war protesters? hmm, about the same time?

don't pretend all this stuff disappeared on january 20th. the media has been growing complacent about the war for much longer than that.

and interesting how cobolt says we don't see left wing protesters anymore and then complains about the g20 protesters. must've seen them somewhere, eh? did you know that a lot of them were protesting the war, among many other causes? and if the media cared about peaceful protests, you'd know that 8-20 times as many protesters marched peacefully the next day. you'd also know that thousands marched all over the country against both wars this march, just like they do every year.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,316,883 times
They even forgot to menton Obama terrible record of being a commander with the most soldiers deaths he set in August. And not talking to the commander on the ground for 7 months is yet another mistake.

Sure they used to keep a daily count, week count, monthly count and all those have all of a sudden disappeared.

The typical loon double standards are finally coming to light.

Old 09-29-2009, 05:05 PM

5,477 posts, read 12,250,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
when was the last time people in the media made a big deal about not being able to photograph soldiers' caskets? i think it was, hmm, 2004?

and when was the last time the media was making a big deal about anti war protesters? hmm, about the same time?

don't pretend all this stuff disappeared on january 20th. the media has been growing complacent about the war for much longer than that.

and interesting how cobolt says we don't see left wing protesters anymore and then complains about the g20 protesters. must've seen them somewhere, eh? did you know that a lot of them were protesting the war, among many other causes? and if the media cared about peaceful protests, you'd know that 8-20 times as many protesters marched peacefully the next day. you'd also know that thousands marched all over the country against both wars this march, just like they do every year.
Don't twist my words. I said we don't see the left wing war protesters anymore. I didn't complain about the G-20 protesters protesting. I complained that the media covered the tea party protests, which were peaceful, as angry mobs and then skims over the G-20 punks. Get your facts straight and follow the line of logic, instead of trying to derail it by your defunct logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Sure they used to keep a daily count, week count, monthly count and all those have all of a sudden disappeared.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I hear body counts all the time, every morning when US troops have died. On MSNBC. George Sephanopolous reads the names of those who died in the previous week on his show every Sunday morning. On ABC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The typical loon double standards are finally coming to light.
you're right!

4,792 posts, read 5,904,704 times
Quote:
Typical liberal back-peddling. You cried and whined because of the no-photo policy, and now that you have it, you don't use it. First it was all about blaming George W. Bush, and now it's all about blaming Bush Sr. Surely you can muster an ounce of blame for the hypocritcal liberal media, eh?

I cried, and whined ? Well, you just stood there in a gorilla costume wearing a pink tutu with cowboy boots, and a 10 gallon hat carrying a "Bush, I love you, man" sign. Don't deny it. You call liberals crazy ???

Old 09-29-2009, 05:10 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:

"YOU" ????? YOU don't use it???? WHAT????

Why aren't you addressing the media???

You think the photographers are in here???Wow, that's just wacko!!!

Or did you think CD posters should run to Dover and start taking photos...THAT'S even NUTTIER!!!

Mental disorder???? WHO has a mental disorder?????

OK, how's this...YOU didn't object when Bush said no photos so you should be happy that the "liberal media" is listening.

AND , if BUSH/CHENEY hadn't started this war we wouldn't N E E D photos of dead soldier's caskets...

Old 09-29-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobolt View Post
Don't twist my words. I said we don't see the left wing war protesters anymore. I didn't complain about the G-20 protesters protesting. I complained that the media covered the tea party protests, which were peaceful, as angry mobs and then skims over the G-20 punks. Get your facts straight and follow the line of logic, instead of trying to derail it by your defunct logic.
as i already pointed out, many of the g20 protesters were protesting the war. and people still protest the war regularly, and national media coverage of those protests petered out long before obama was elected.

i didn't see any media coverage of the 9/12 march that called it an angry mob. can you point me to some? i saw some pundits pointing out some more objectionable signs, but i read articles about the protests in the new york times, cnn, msnbc, etc and didn't see anything portraying the protests as violent, because they weren't. edit: oh, you're talking about the tea parties in general. well, i do have to wonder how the cops would react to anti-g20 protesters openly carrying firearms. hmmmm. a bunch of people carrying signs a couple of miles from the g20 = break out the riot gear & rubber bullets. some guy bringing a gun to a presidential appearance = fine and dandy. i know a lot of people won't admit it, but the level of police response to a gathering plays a role in how crazy it gets, and not always the way you might think. if the tea partiers were being shoved around by police, they might react pretty similarly to the "anarchists". and c-d's right wing cadre would be screaming "police state! obama's thugs are oppressing us!"

the national media coverage of the g20 protests focused SOLELY on the violence on thursday, which was perpetrated by a very small number of people. the vast majority of people who were arrested were arrested in sweep arrests at a nonviolent, nondisruptive protest friday night, and an even larger amount were simply arrested for failure to disperse.

how did the media "skim over it?" "violent protests in pittsburgh" was the way the stories were presented. the larger peaceful march the next day got a decent amount of local coverage, but barely any national coverage that i saw. and even locally, reporters were live at the violent protests all day and just reported the big nonviolent one briefly in their regular newscasts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies