Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 01:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,247,460 times

Advertisements

I'll bet it's going to be soapy, "Me n My Family" - no serious politics at all. And a lot of short paragraphs and white space.

YouTube - Town Meeting, Wasilla, Alaska

Maybe she'll include Todd's Favorite Recipes!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2009, 01:56 PM

41,325 posts, read 45,048,983 times
Quote:
I'll bet it's going to be soapy, "Me n My Family" - no serious politics at all. And a lot of short paragraphs and white space.
You're hoping and praying, I'm sure. According to the small blurb about, plenty of politics.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:57 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,636,384 times
Do colouring by numbers books usually top the US bestsellers lists?

Old 09-30-2009, 01:58 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,974,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

YouTube - Town Meeting, Wasilla, Alaska
Well, Mrs Palin didn't actually write it. She had a ghostwriter. Which is not to belittle Mrs Palin in any way. Many of these autobiographical books are written by ghostwriters under the direction of the subject. I think it will be interesting to read Mrs Palin's version of events, particularly of the last eighteen months, and to get hints of where she plans to go from here. It will probably give fact-checkers a busy holiday, too, as I'm sure there will be numerous questions with Mrs Palin's version. But I won't buy the book. The library's good enough for me.

Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,224,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
<snip>Maybe she'll include Todd's Favorite Recipes!
I heard he wrote a book as well, it's title is "Road Kill Gourmet Cooking"....

Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM

40,048 posts, read 34,691,371 times
She's set to be a "best-selling author?" Suppose it turns out that her book (there may be a small technical problem in referring to it as "hers," since her legitimate credentials as a writer have never been firmly established, if you don't mind a little understatement) doesn't sell very well. In fact, suppose it bombs. Yes, there will be a positive explosion of hype when it's released, and almost certainly, an initial flurry of sales.

If the book doesn't sell well--more likely than it becoming an instant classic--the next question is, what wild and crazy rogue action will she take next, in order to keep her name floating around in the media? (My vote goes to a reality TV show--with Joe the Plumber as her sidekick).

Old 09-30-2009, 02:10 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,636,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post

If the book doesn't sell well--more likely than it becoming an instant classic--the next question is, what wild and crazy rogue action will she take next, in order to keep her name floating around in the media? (My vote goes to a reality TV show--with Joe the Plumber as her sidekick).
Ahem, A career in the adult entertainment business (putting it politely, ahem)?

Old 09-30-2009, 02:14 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,224,612 times
I'm surprised she didn't title the book "Going Maverick".

Old 09-30-2009, 02:15 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,602,149 times
I love the liberal loon attacks on here...she just drives them completely insane...it will be a best seller on NYT (how ironic is that) like Beck, Levin and O'Reilly...must just kill the Times when that happens...

Old 09-30-2009, 02:18 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,247,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Well, Mrs Palin didn't actually write it. She had a ghostwriter. Which is not to belittle Mrs Palin in any way. Many of these autobiographical books are written by ghostwriters under the direction of the subject. I think it will be interesting to read Mrs Palin's version of events, particularly of the last eighteen months, and to get hints of where she plans to go from here. It will probably give fact-checkers a busy holiday, too, as I'm sure there will be numerous questions with Mrs Palin's version. But I won't buy the book. The library's good enough for me.
Somehow I hate to think of it getting inside libraries

Oh well, they have book sales. It wont take up shelf space for too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies