Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2009, 12:02 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
This is a nonsense argument. Murder is illegal. This law is imposed on everyone in the country. Some people believe that a woman killing her fetus because she simply doesn't want the baby (not rape, or incest) is murder. If you believe this you should try and do everything peacefully possible to protect the innocent victim.

You say a zygote is not a baby. Ok, what about a fetus that is 7 months old and viable outside of the womb???
Then please, please, by all means have a heart and find those pregnant women who don't want their babies and want to abort them and offer to adopt them if they won't have an abortion.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:06 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonrise View Post
One of the choices that you support, when performed correctly, results in death 100% of the time.
How is it my business? It's a highly personal matter between a woman and her abortion doctor. Because of this I neither support abortion or wish to ban it.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:50 PM

193 posts, read 191,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
How is it my business? It's a highly personal matter between a woman and her abortion doctor. Because of this I neither support abortion or wish to ban it.
So if your neighbor is raping her little boy over and over then it still wouldn't be your business? Just asking.
Would it matter if it was a he that was raping his daughter? Just trying to gauge your level of concern.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:25 PM

4,657 posts, read 8,712,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
Men and especially men in the church, have subjugated women for millenia. Most still do. They don't allow women to lead the Church. They want to control a woman's body and reproductive rights.
The overwhelming majority of those in the pro life movement are women.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
The question asked was what medical conditions are indications for termination of pregnancy. I was answering that question.
No, that was not the question, that was your convenient spin and interpretation of the question. I specifically asked what medical condition would be relieved/cured by murdering a pre born baby.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:28 PM

193 posts, read 191,858 times
And the Catholic church has set abortion as a secondary issue not a primary one. Those opposed to abortion are opposed to it for reasons other than religion. It's because a lot of these are women and not just female.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Since you consider all life "sacred" you MUST be against the death penalty? Otherwise that would make you a bit of a hypocrite.
Someone who has been sentenced to death, has chosen to forfeit their life, according to the law. That person had a life, unlike a pre born baby that is murdered in the name of "choice" and squandered it. A hypocrite would be someone who is for abortion and against the death penalty.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Listen, I can't prevent women from getting abortions any more than I can stop children from dying from starvation in Africa. I haven't sent a donation to Africa to try to do something about it. Does that make me pro death? No it does not.
The children in Africa are alive; those that are murdered never get a chance at life.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
How is murder my business? How is rape my business? How is any crime my business? By not wishing to ban it, you do support it.

Old 10-04-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
A fetus, by defintion, is NOT a person. The United States Supreme Court has also ruled that a fetus is NOT a person. A little reality injection.
And at one time a slave was not considered a person either. Do you condone slavery for that time period?

In many states if a drunk driver kills a preganat mom, he/she can be charged with 2 murders; see Scott Peterson for exhibit A. Your contempt for life is sad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies